Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Middlesbrough v Leeds

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I do wish we'd gone for the throat of some of these sides. We scored one goal in two games against this Middlesbrough side and they're just so vulnerable.

You’re forgetting that Luke Ayling turns into prime Cafu when he plays against us 

Couple things:

1. it’s embarrassing we lost to this pile of shit defence twice

2. Boro’s number 15 is probably one of the worst players I’ve seen at this level for some time 

3. Leeds will concede another, but whether or not Boro can sort their shit out will define things 

8 minutes ago, shen said:

If it's that clear, then there's no excuse for the Assistant Ref not to see it...

Sure and yet. History has seen some absolutely unbelievably bad offside calls in both directions. It is impossible for a human linesman to be looking at both the ball being struck and the defensive line at the same time, our vision just doesn't work like that. Reviews of offsides should be as much of a given as goal line technology, it's just obvious. 

Leeds will never get three easier goals than this, just bonkers. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Couple things:

1. it’s embarrassing we lost to this pile of shit defence twice

2. Boro’s number 15 is probably one of the worst players I’ve seen at this level for some time 

3. Leeds will concede another, but whether or not Boro can sort their shit out will define things 

Dijksteel first start since December and it shows 

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

…because linesman don’t have the benefit of freeze frames?

Or they are just shit? Probably shit to be getting it this wrong on a gamely basis. Officials in this league are awful.

Edited by SecretPro

As a general rule though. That's Leeds and Southampton who've both scored 3 times in the first half in the last week. We've done it once all season. I think we've got the attacking firepower to have done that numerous times.

Anyway come on Boro. Think it's very unlikely we're promoted tomorrow night now, but a draw isn't out the picture and a draw is absolutely great.

Edited by Dan LCFC

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I am so ****ing fed up of the lack of VAR in this league.

I don't give a shit how many trogladytes want to cry about armpits, there's no excuse for not having it for offsides. It's cost us multiple times this season. Shit like that could cost us promotion.

It's not even close, there's borderline daylight ffs.

Shouldn't need var when it's that obvious. I keep saying though about the var debate, that even if you completely remove it (from the prem) it won't make a shite of difference as refereeing standard in this country is at an all-time low. Whilst I don't agree with the way Forest have gone about things, I think they are right with questioning the integrity of officials. When such obvious decisions aren't given like that 3rd Leeds goal there, there's just no excuse for that 

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

But games (such as this) have been ruined by atrocious officiating for decades. So what's the difference? 

and this is unfortunately the best argument in favour of VAR and one that I can't really refute lol 

• Haha 1