Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Stop the LCFC Loyalty Tax - UFS statement

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Just had the same cut and paste response. 

It’s like, ignore me, that’s fine, it’s what I expect. 

This just makes me angrier because it’s so fvcking ignorant. 

The cut & paste response is pathetic. Referencing anti-social behaviour and FBOs - I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that a very small percentage of those were at home games and even fewer were STHs. Classic mentality of the club, view all supporters (sorry, customers) as criminals. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the new Season Ticket arrangements for the 2024/25 season at Leicester City Football Club. We appreciate your feedback, understand the importance of addressing these issues transparently and hope the following information addresses the concerns you have raised.

MORE EFFICIENT, MORE SECURE
Like many football clubs, we are continually looking for ways to enhance the security and efficiency of our stadium operations. Heading into the third season since Mobile Tickets were introduced at King Power Stadium, we are continuing to encourage as many supporters as possible to transition to a more efficient, secure mode of access. Mobile Tickets will therefore be the default, free-of-charge option for renewing Season Ticket Holders, with a charge applied to the alternative method of entry – physical cards (except supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability).

TACKLING TOUTING
As well as enhancing the supporter experience through greater matchday efficiency, the move to a digital ticketing system supports our ongoing efforts to combat ticket touting – a significant issue impacting many football supporters and one we take incredibly seriously.

Ticket touting often results in inflated ticket prices but also harms all genuine supporters’ ability to attend matches.

By transitioning to Mobile Tickets, we significantly reduce the risk of touting, ensuring that tickets remain in the hands of true supporters. Mobile Tickets provide a safer, more direct way of managing ticket allocations and prevent misuse more effectively than physical tickets can.

Reasonable flexibility is available across the season to all genuine Season Ticket Holders, who are able to resell their ticket through the Club’s Resale Platform up to five times a season and are also able to forward their ticket to a family member or friend a further four times per season.

REDUCING ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
The Club has been alarmed in recent seasons by the rise in anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches, with our sanctions committee (which manages supporter behaviour that breaches our stadium regulations and ticketing terms and conditions) regularly observing that those responsible have obtained tickets through illegitimate means.

Of further concern to the Club were figures released by the Home Office in 2023, which ranked Leicester City third in English football for the number of active court-issued Football Banning Orders (56) among its supporters, with over a third of those (20) issued in the 2022/23 season alone. In most cases, upon our internal investigations, those charged had not obtained tickets via any Club channels.

Adoption of Mobile Ticketing and improving our capability to identify all attendees at Leicester City matches is part of our action plan to reduce anti-social behaviour at Leicester City matches and to ensure that, when it arises, those responsible can be held accountable.

ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
Over recent seasons, the Club has taken positive steps in reducing its environmental impact, including the introduction of reusable cups in stadium concourses, the reduction in clap banner distribution to more targeted areas of the stadium and a switch to certified sustainable materials in their production. Wider adoption of Mobile Tickets enables us to take a further step in reducing the number of plastic Season Ticket cards issued each season, along with the carbon footprint associated with their manufacture and distribution. The Club appreciates it has much further to go in reducing its overall environmental impact and continues to listen to supporter feedback on further improvements that can be made.

We do understand the sentimental value attached to physical Season Ticket cards and have ensured that they remain an option. Please remember, the charge for these cards is waived for supporters over the age of 65, under the age of 12, and those with a registered disability. As with previous seasons, our staff are also here to assist anyone unfamiliar with Mobile Tickets to ensure access to the stadium is easy for everyone, and details of drop-in sessions to help supporters transition smoothly will be shared ahead of the new season.

We would encourage all supporters to take advantage of Mobile Tickets and are committed to supporting supporters’ adjustment to the system. Should you have any further concerns or need assistance with the system, please do not hesitate to contact our Supporter Services at [email protected] or call us at 0344 815 5000

…All of which answers precisely none of my points in my missive. 

He got your name correct.

Patronisingly polite as well.

He could have been much more succinct with his reply such as **** Off Dave.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Buzzell said:

I remember a recent game, can’t remember who we played at home, and a lady in front of me had trouble with her mobile ticket. It was about 10 minutes before the game kicked off. The ticket wouldn’t work and the steward told her to go back to the ticket office. As you could imagine she was pissed. That reason alone would want me to keep my card.

Never have I had a problem with a card. I wouldn’t mind a small fee to keep the card but £25 is taking the piss.

Wonder if the £25 charge came from the upper management of the club or the fool who is in charge of the ticket office. He couldn’t pick his nose normally without help 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Wonder if the £25 charge came from the upper management of the club or the fool who is in charge of the ticket office. He couldn’t pick his nose normally without help 

I imagine it came from Whelan. 

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Unlikely. It's more like the chap from Spurs/PSG 

To give everyone an idea he's on the panel for the Ticketing Business Awards 2024. 

Since LCFC went on a spree of employing suits with CV's ranging from America Cup sailing etc to two of them being involved with Coventry City/Ricoh Arena, these people are all well in with their relevant business areas ie. their mates work for ticketing suppliers or stewarding companies etc etc. 

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

To give everyone an idea he's on the panel for the Ticketing Business Awards 2024. 

Since LCFC went on a spree of employing suits with CV's ranging from America Cup sailing etc to two of them being involved with Coventry City/Ricoh Arena, these people are all well in with their relevant business areas ie. their mates work for ticketing suppliers or stewarding companies etc etc. 

Not even speaking about the rivalry here but purely from a business perspective - employing anybody remotely associated with the sh*tshow that unravelled at the Ricoh over the past decade is disgustingly negligent.

• Like 3

Just now, OntarioFox said:

Not even speaking about the rivalry here but purely from a business perspective - employing anybody remotely associated with the sh*tshow that unravelled at the Ricoh over the past decade is disgustingly negligent.

Yeah mad ain't it - that's your head of H&S/Stewarding and the reasoning why Showsec are everywhere around the KP every week 

• Like 1

A great and well thought out statement, thank you!

One wonders how lax they've been for it to get to this? From the time of Vichai when nobody had a bad word for the family, it's ethics, ambitions and actions as well as investment, to what we have now, yet another corporate machine with no idea of what the club's following wants or, even the effort to find out. Top and his inept team are quickly taking us downhill due to their incompetence. 

The problem is we're somewhat powerless and they know it and couldn't give a toss! I say that because after several decades of having a season ticket I have seriously considered not renewing but, firstly, they wouldn't care in the slightest because there are lists of people waiting to grab our two. Secondly, only we would be the losers because you can't just switch off a big part of your personal commitment or thoughts about your club knowing also, that if you gave your season ticket up the chances of getting another one in the future is doubtful. Having seen a number of owners arrive and depart I still want to be here when this shambolic lot leaves.

I don't know what the answer is? Had we still got a local newspaper with proper journalists like the Leicester Mercury used to be, we could perhaps make an approach to print a well written article to embarrass the club and it's owner. No business owner likes bad publicity. 

• Like 3