Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Clive Langley

Furthest travelled for a game

Well done that man 👏👏👏....

When we played PSV away in April 2022, I cut short our holiday to fly back from New York (wife was n't best pleased). We arrived at Heathrow at 9am, and my wife drove me in a mad dash to Stansted for a 1.30 flight to Eindhoven. 

Made it just.... Whewww....

Went to bed that night after 34 hours with no sleep. Worth it though after a famous 2-1 win.

Hope we do the same for you matey ! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Clive Langley said:

Having just flown in from Los Angeles for the Preston game, I was wondering If anybody had travelled further for a match. Also have you ever travelled a vast distance to watch the Foxes and then had the game called off?

Does going to Cardiff count?

I was on a 3 month sabbatical travelling in South America during the title winning season and left Ecuador 10 days early to make sure I was back for the Swansea home match (and the 3 games that followed).

Fair ****s 

I did PSV away. Got a train straight after the game to Amsterdam Airport. Hotel for four hours. Plane for 6am on Good Friday, land in Birmingham for 7, in the car by 9 driving up to the north east for Easter weekend and Newcastle away

Completely shattered. It was because of family who couldn’t drive that we had to come back but really we should have flew to Newcastle 

Did Melbourne to Leeds one trip, followed it up with Middlesbrough at home, Mahrez’s first game.

Did another trip to London, for Palace away. Landed, family had some horrible news whilst we were flying, didn’t leave the hotel room until our flight home two days later. Long way for not a game.

1 hour ago, Clive Langley said:

Having just flown in from Los Angeles for the Preston game, I was wondering If anybody had travelled further for a match. Also have you ever travelled a vast distance to watch the Foxes and then had the game called off?

I’ve probably already told you this on one of our trips away together but I flew back with my family from Kuwait for the Forest away game years ago. It was the one that was postponed for the medical emergency! 😫 No refunds but an offer of tickets for the rearranged date; too bad as I’d already flown back by then!

I live in Cornwall, it's always a long way for me but my longest was when I was working in Saudi Arabia and flew over to Heathrow, got the train up to Leicester and saw us lose an FA Cup replay to Huddersfield 1-2, was around 2013. Flew back on another occasion and saw us beat Wolves 2-1, think it was the same season Knockaert and Nugent scored I think, I remember the Wolves goal being a stunner. 

Edited by ChrisWalken456

I was listening to a Newcastle fan being interviewed at a test match in New Zealand on Test Match Special, he saw the first day of the test flew to the UK, watched the Geordies lose the EFL Cup final, flew back to New Zealand for the last day of the test only to see England lose by 1 run. At 24k miles I'm guessing he wins this unless Neil Armstrong took in a game when on the moon.

• Like 1

Brighton away early nineties or possible late eighties we were in a pub around the corner from the Goldstone Ground watching Saint & Greavsie when they announced waterlogged pitch, game off. Went home via south London for a piss up with some Millwall fans that one of us knew, ended up being a really good day. 

Scraped together the money to travel back early from San Francisco to be back in time for the play off final in 2013.

Travelled mainly by bus to New York for the final leg of the journey just in time to watch Deeney wheel away… the flight back from NYC was a little flat after that. 

• Sad 1

Perth - Leicester (Chelsea  home) - Liverpool (Everton away) - Liverpool (Liverpool away)- Perth ;
December 2015

Edit, was supposed to see the Man City home game.. but the league changed the date :@and so it was played as i flew home :( 

Edited by ozleicester