Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Blackburn (H) pre match

12 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Sign Doyle as a replacement for Vestergard, great passer and more pace.

Doyle is a talented player but he'll be eaten alive for pace in the Premiership.

I couldn't believe how slow he was.

We really need to sign another tall quick aggressive CB or move NDiddi back there if he stays.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Moving Ndidi to CB is possibly the worst thing i have read on here. Some of our worst games came from him playing there.

I agree, but we signed him as a CB so he must be able to play the position.

He's been excellent recently in the advanced midfield role.

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I agree, but we signed him as a CB so he must be able to play the position.

He's been excellent recently in the advanced midfield role.

We signed him as a DM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I know we signed him to play DM 

But I thought he was a CB with Gent. 

Though you could well be right.

Just have flashbacks to Brighton away last season. Aweful times.

• Like 1

Guest leatherhead32
17 hours ago, leatherhead32 said:

if there was spurs would just miss out:nono:

im not guna look it up but when spurs got promoted as hot 2nd division favourites in 1978 im sure they came third ha. if mem served saints and bolton were 1st and 2nd. no play offs then tho so they got up. 

1 minute ago, leatherhead32 said:

im not guna look it up but when spurs got promoted as hot 2nd division favourites in 1978 im sure they came third ha. if mem served saints and bolton were 1st and 2nd. no play offs then tho so they got up. 

Came third ahead of Brighton on goal difference.

Guest leatherhead32
2 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Came third ahead of Brighton on goal difference.

yeah that rings a bell. cheers mate.   memory still works phew. now where's my keys .

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Doyle is a talented player but he'll be eaten alive for pace in the Premiership.

We really need to sign another tall quick aggressive CB or move NDiddi back there if he stays.

Not all centre halves have or need pace, it seems to be a modern mindset more than a reality. Thiago, VanDyke, Terry, Beresi, Maldini, Cannavarro and even our own Jonny Evans, there's a whole host from different countries and different era's that never had pace but you'd give your right arm to have even in the modern game. 

Less about pace, more about reading the game and positioning. Some made themselves look faster than they actually were because of those attributes which essentially gave them a few yards start! With the odd exception of the likes of Usain Bolt, a big 6'4" lad rarely beats a thinner athletic 5'9" one. Neither do you want a midget at centre half. Horses for courses.

As for Doyle he's still very young. He's still learning some of those attributes but his passing ability is very evident when allowed to use it. All depends on his price I suppose. However, any new one that we're likely to be able to afford is going to be a risk in the Premiership in Enzo's system if they've got to learn it anew pre-season. I think Nelson given the opportunity looks very promising. 

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Doyle was exposed at this level so will be in the PL. Mid table championship is his level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

We aren't winning this are we?

No way.

Players have been on the p1ss since Monday Night!!!

Just enjoy the tifo, sing a few songs, have a kip and wake up for the trophy lift!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

No way.

Players have been on the p1ss since Monday Night!!!

Just enjoy the tifo, sing a few songs, have a kip and wake up for the trophy lift!!!

I'm optimistic. Think they'll want the 100 points.

Day off today or just light work today (hangover recovery)

Proper training sessions on Thursday and Friday, ready for Saturday. 

Think there could be quite a few goals, as Blackburn need a win to be sure of staying up.

• Like 1

Just now, MGLCFC said:

Day off today or just light work today (hangover recovery) P1SS UP TODAY!

Proper training sessions on Thursday and Friday, ready for Saturday. P1SS UP THURSDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT WITH A KEBAB AND WAKE UP AT 10AM AFTER GETTING IN AT 4AM, PANIC ITS AN EARLY KICK OFF AND ZOOM TO SEAGRAVE!

Think there could be quite a few goals, as Blackburn need a win to be sure of staying up.

FIXED!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not all centre halves have or need pace, it seems to be a modern mindset more than a reality. Thiago, VanDyke, Terry, Beresi, Maldini, Cannavarro and even our own Jonny Evans, there's a whole host from different countries and different era's that never had pace but you'd give your right arm to have even in the modern game. 

Less about pace, more about reading the game and positioning. Some made themselves look faster than they actually were because of those attributes which essentially gave them a few yards start! With the odd exception of the likes of Usain Bolt, a big 6'4" lad rarely beats a thinner athletic 5'9" one. Neither do you want a midget at centre half. Horses for courses.

As for Doyle he's still very young. He's still learning some of those attributes but his passing ability is very evident when allowed to use it. All depends on his price I suppose. However, any new one that we're likely to be able to afford is going to be a risk in the Premiership in Enzo's system if they've got to learn it anew pre-season. I think Nelson given the opportunity looks very promising. 

While all that is very true you need one CB with pace to cover the other. Otherwise they're going to fall back and cover the Goal.

A lack of pace will be exploited in the Premiership.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Day off today or just light work today (hangover recovery)

Proper training sessions on Thursday and Friday, ready for Saturday. 

100 points is the most pointless stat. Blackburn will be treating this like any other game because they have to, our lads have been on the lash for what feels like a week now.

Out of contract players will have completely checked out. No one will want to get injured. 

We are about as 'on the beach' as you can be. We are are free hit for Blackburn. 

Not sure i care either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

100 points is the most pointless stat. Blackburn will be treating this like any other game because they have to, our lads have been on the lash for what feels like a week now.

Out of contract players will have completely checked out. No one will want to get injured. 

We are about as 'on the beach' as you can be. We are are free hit for Blackburn. 

Not sure i care either.

Perhaps you're correct, but I will come back to you on Saturday night if we win :scarf: