Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Marc Albrighton

5 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Ive met him a few times in Brum, top always happy to talk.  Still got so much quality l.

But what about Marc?

• Haha 2

His crosses today show why he should have played more.

He stopped the crosses after Faes refused to pass to him.  Faes is so overrated is so mistake prone. Albrighton should stay instead of him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

He stopped the crosses after Faes refused to pass to him.  Faes is so overrated is so mistake prone. Albrighton should stay instead of him.

I desperately want Marc to stay too but I know it’s my heart ruling my head 

One of my favourite ever players and will be sorely missed. 

Best crosser of the ball we have ever had and still showing that ability even today.

I liken him to how Pearson just described King, one of the very few who has maximised the gifts he has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He was very good, but Steve Guppy is by far and away the best crosser we've ever had.

I did hesitate for a moment but Guppy played in a team where directness and crossing into the box was plan A. 

Albrighton in that team and set-up would have been just as good as Guppy IMO. 

I have love seeing Albrighton make his rather old school winger style work in this more modern era of play, where speed and beating a defender is more expected.

Josh Low was a close 3rd to these two... 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I did hesitate for a moment but Guppy played in a team where directness and crossing into the box was plan A. 

Albrighton in that team and set-up would have been just as good as Guppy IMO. 

I have love seeing Albrighton make his rather old school winger style work in this more modern era of play, where speed and beating a defender is more expected.

Josh Low was a close 3rd to these two... 

I am sorry but you are wrong 

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Josh Low higher? 

Guppy was a far better crosser and shot taker than Albrighton. He has been a great servant to the club but Guppy was a level above

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ACF said:

Genuinely teared up watching Vards give him the armband, and then his reaction to the banner.

Might be because it’s midnight and I’m pissed but I love him.

Edited by Fox_Trot123

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Should have played more yet we went up as champions? Glad you’re not our manager 

31 minutes ago, Fox_Trot123 said:

Should have played more yet we went up as champions? Glad you’re not our manager 

Personally I agree that he should have played more. Not started games, but used as a substitute in those tight games that we lost. 

The lack of a Plan B was a glaring weakness of Enzo’s style. Albrighton offers something different and would have been very useful in the last ten minutes of those games we chased unsuccessfully 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, waddadamadda said:

I was good today until Albrighton and Vardy were down in front of the Kop having their moment to celebrate. Seeing the duo together hit home just how amazing both he and Vardy have been for us :unsure:

Vardy will be the last one standing next season. 

We really are in the final moments of that incredible era. 

Feels right that Vardy will be the final one though. 

Markkkk Alllllbrighton :appl:

Just now, Jobyfox said:

Personally I agree that he should have played more. Not started games, but used as a substitute in those tight games that we lost. 

The lack of a Plan B was a glaring weakness of Enzo’s style. Albrighton offers something different and would have been very useful in the last ten minutes of those games we chased unsuccessfully 

Albrighton and Cannon on for the final 15-20minutes of games, would have been something I tried. 

You can just guarantee that Mark would be putting those early crosses in, and I think Cannon is that type of striker who would be on those. 

Not to be, and certainly something I hope Enzo looks at when reflects on his own performance. He must be willing to make changes early and with more risk.