Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mendi

Marc Albrighton

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Love the bloke, absolute Leicester City legend for me.

Always gives 100 per cent, and such a humble bloke.

Underrated by every manager he has played for here, and had to be patient and fight his way in, which he done without any strops.

A Premier league winner, a scorer of goals in Europe, an FA Cup and Charity Shield winner, and now a Championship winner.

Marc Albrighton I thank you and salute you!

I remember the rumblings of discontent when Pearson wasn’t playing him, I think his wife had a pop at the time. When he got his chance he was, and still is, the consummate professional.

55 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

I imagine and hope if he's not playing and the whole stadium starts chanting this, Enzo has a think and plays him for his goodbye 

I’d be gutted if he doesn’t get a decent farewell. I remember him playing for Villa in his younger days and thinking he was a very decent player and was  very happy when he signed for us. Managers have come and gone but one thing they learn over time is that Marc doesn’t let you down. His energy  work rate and underestimated technical ability is infectious on the rest of the team. Age catches up with everyone but for someone has given so much to this club and is written into our history he deserves a good send off. 

• Like 3

I knew this day would come but am going to feel more than a bit emotional on Saturday. I absolutely love the bloke for so many reasons and it's been a pleasure watching him wear the blue shirt.

I remember years ago in the warm up all the players took of their training tops and threw them at the coach/kit man and ran off ready to start the game loads dropped on the floor and only Marc stopped and helped him pick them up. Spoke volumes about the type of bloke he is.

He was also a wonderful footballer a brilliant mix of skill and grit with a wand of a right foot. He wasn't blessed with an abundance of natural talent but got to and stayed at the top of the game for a very long time through his workrate and attitude. He leaves Leicester with an fa cup, premier League and charity shield winners medal and many millions in the bank and he thoroughly deserves all of it. 

With the exception of Vardy no one player has featured more heavily in the clubs greatest ever era he played every game when we won the premier League and every game when we won the fa cup.

Not bad for someone deemed not up to standard at Aston fuching villa!

• Like 4

One of the best we've had through the doors. 

He might not have had the impact of Vardy and he might not have enjoyed the support that, say, Knockaert did. 

He has, however, given it everything for the club. He scored the first CL goal. He worked as hard as any other player has from our bench several times. 

He's a ****ing champion and he's been instrumental to our success.

Wether he plays or not on Saturday this man is as much a Mr Leicester City as Walsh, Izzet, or Vardy.

A total encapsulation of what we have held dear over the years. Would die for the shirt. Never gave less than 100%, and he never really had a bad game. 

Marc Albrighton - I salute you. You're a Leicester legend and I'll tell my kids about you in the same breath and with the same heart that you deserve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Love Marc Albrighton! An absolutely brilliant signing for Leicester City.

I remember a couple of years back, my nephew came over from Ireland for his first game at the KP (think it was Watford). We waited outside for the players afterwards, and to be fair, most stopped for a picture. However, Marc stuck around for ages, chatting to fans. He asked my nephew if he'd enjoyed the game, noticed his Irish accent and started asking all about how he'd ended up being an LCFC fan, if he played football over in Ireland, asked him about what he'd enjoyed most about his first visit to the KP etc. I just remember thinking that was absolutely class that he took the time to do that.

PS.He smelt ****ing unbelievable too. I thought about asking him what his aftershave was, but I didn't because it smelt like it'd cost me a year's wages.

Shouldn't make assumptions but I have the exact same perception of him as with Andy King in terms of the kind of bloke he is. And guess what, every single person who meets either of those guys says what lovely guys they are. It elevates them above others in terms of legendary/iconic status at this club.

Maybe in the minority but thought he was a really great signing at the time, purely because of it being a free transfer. But could never have imagined just how good he'd be. Criminally underrated outside of this club and other posts have highlighted why. So many phenomenal achievements. I always felt that the first CL goal should have been a Vardy, Mahrez even King, but looking back now, I can't think of a more deserving man. What a guy and what a player. Would love for him to have some involvement in the club going forward

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Shouldn't make assumptions but I have the exact same perception of him as with Andy King in terms of the kind of bloke he is. And guess what, every single person who meets either of those guys says what lovely guys they are. It elevates them above others in terms of legendary/iconic status at this club.

Maybe in the minority but thought he was a really great signing at the time, purely because of it being a free transfer. But could never have imagined just how good he'd be. Criminally underrated outside of this club and other posts have highlighted why. So many phenomenal achievements. I always felt that the first CL goal should have been a Vardy, Mahrez even King, but looking back now, I can't think of a more deserving man. What a guy and what a player. Would love for him to have some involvement in the club going forward

You're so right. 

They represent the club. They didn't just play for it.

Proud to have had him play for Leicester.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Imagine being a Villa fan watching him go on a free and do all he's done for Leicester 😂

Amazing. 

Imagine being unwanted by your boyhood club and then winning the league with another one who loves you. 

Like Roy of the Rovers.

• Like 3