Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Thai Celebrities on the Pitch/Parade

33 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Just find it weird/amusing tbh 

It’s like some English company buying a Thai club and wheeling out Katie Price and some blokes from Love Island 

And Mark Goldbridge

It really isn’t unfortunately. The value of the whole influencer thing is huge. For my generation, it’s an uncomfortable truth but for the younger lot it surreally makes sense.  When my boy asked me who was on the last buses a flippantly said ‘youtubers’ and he just said ‘fair enough’.  Sad but true. 

Recently, after completing a project, I went to an event for one of my clients in the US. The whole thing was a horrid experience as the whole setup gave center stage to their influencer network who were both filming themselves and being filmed by others. We were in an area to watch them.  Horrible evening, but I do the analytics for the client and I know the revenue these guys bring in for them. It’s insane. 

Welcome to modern advertising. Your children are going to love it. 

Where was the bus containing real Leicester celebrities like Serge Pizzorno, Engelbert Humperdinck, Mark Selby, Roy Cropper, Sam Bailey & Showaddywaddy.

Disgraceful organising. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I can understand KP staff and family’s being on the pitch but was there any need for random Thai Z-listers to be on the pitch and parade?

Like this bloke below, 

https://www.instagram.com/hacknabangchang_69?igsh=MXgzOHdiY25kMzBxbg==

Or this woman that hosts a Man United fan channel in Thailand;

https://www.instagram.com/ppeachy?igsh=dGluZTR6dGpkb3Zu

Or this bloke that seems to be famous for flogging face cream and posing half naked on Twitter ;

https://www.instagram.com/taophiangphor?igsh=MWNqNmQ3OHJubDl3ag==

Many more examples..

I get it, whilst i'd assume most of us have a lifetime supporting Leicester, and we go through the week thinking about the next game, we pay our money, we go every week, we scarifice a bit of ourselves, so it's a little galling to have thai hangers on getting close and personal with the celebrations which probably means very little to them........ but thats the price by being owned by a multi billionaire i guess, sometimes the football can remind you that you're nothing but a paying customer, and if you're lucky, you may get a filbert fox thrown in your direction

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Does King Power need more publicity?

Felt a bit disrespectful towards LCFC fans today, especially, really.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

Our "Fan Engagement" strategy is to sell more X in Asia (that's not FE though, it's sales and marketing). This will be part of it. It's of no relevance to us lot but then it's not meant to.

I'd expect more of the same in the promise land!

We can still do ticker tape, moan and eat more pies...

30 minutes ago, elangLCFC said:

I don't disagree that this is poor, but to correct the record, the party was for club staff and their families. Everybody from exec level to shop staff.

that makes it even worse! Aren't most of them meant to be working on match day!! So aload of thai influencers and skiving staff, Could have easily all gone to the lounges today after the parade, rather than what happened yesterday.. 

2 minutes ago, RYM said:

Our "Fan Engagement" strategy is to sell more X in Asia (that's not FE though, it's sales and marketing). This will be part of it. It's of no relevance to us lot but then it's not meant to.

I'd expect more of the same in the promise land!

We can still do ticker tape, moan and eat more pies...

Technically we can’t. UFS wanted to do a big 1000 person confetti display, the club turned it down due ‘some may get on the pitch’. We didn't have the effort to fight them on that one as it is just too pathetic.

Guess we all saw what was fired all over the stadium yesterday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Foxes99 said:

that makes it even worse! Aren't most of them meant to be working on match day!! So aload of thai influencers and skiving staff, Could have easily all gone to the lounges today after the parade, rather than what happened yesterday.. 

I didn't organise it so don't come at me 🤷🏼‍♂️

The influencers weren't there though. And it's hardly skiving to have a work do - I'm sure your workplace do the same...

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The harsh reality of monetising that is massive.

Thailand isn’t a country where the average local can spend money on us. We saw that with the washout friendly. No big six club is targeting Thailand as a market for example. 

and yet some Thais are billionaires and bought our club. It’s possible that we are after ‘ that circle’ of people.

there’s about 150k millionaires in Thailand… there’s money to be made there even if things are sold at a price that is relative to the local market..

It’s nothing to do with club marketing and all to do with Top and Mrs Top wanting to fit in with Bangkok society 

Interesting that Susan Whelan who actually knows a thing about business (with many faults) has stayed completely anonymous the past couple of days

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I get it, whilst i'd assume most of us have a lifetime supporting Leicester, and we go through the week thinking about the next game, we pay our money, we go every week, we scarifice a bit of ourselves, so it's a little galling to have thai hangers on getting close and personal with the celebrations which probably means very little to them........ but thats the price by being owned by a multi billionaire i guess, sometimes the football can remind you that you're nothing but a paying customer, and if you're lucky, you may get a filbert fox thrown in your direction

Yea I thought throwing Filbert Fox toys out stunk of belittlement. Not good optics - like be thankful and have a toy…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yea I thought throwing Filbert Fox toys out stunk of belittlement. Not good optics - like be thankful and have a toy…

Beer, donut, coconut water.... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Technically we can’t. UFS wanted to do a big 1000 person confetti display, the club turned it down due ‘some may get on the pitch’. We didn't have the effort to fight them on that one as it is just too pathetic.

Guess we all saw what was fired all over the stadium yesterday.

Jeezo! I guess it wasn’t biodegradable either. 

We used to allow it all at Donny, had an agreement that the Black Bank group would help clear up where they could.

Just now, RYM said:

Jeezo! I guess it wasn’t biodegradable either. 

We used to allow it all at Donny, had an agreement that the Black Bank group would help clear up where they could.

Yeah that seems a fair deal.

47 minutes ago, Foxes99 said:

It was a complete joke, yesterday, bashed out aload for hospitality in the fosse for a few of us as I was coming from overseas for the game. Were have  bit of atmosphere and booze before the trophy lifting.  Received an email that morning, after half time  the lounges are closed for a private party, but you can have  a free pint on us because of this.  The free party was for  all these thai hang ons. 

We have paid a fortune in that ****ing lounge for over 3 years , imagine how pissed off we were as well! Every midweek game in the pissing rain when we’ve been getting hammered we’ve been there, to be booted out last day for these ****ers. Enraged doesn’t come close. 

• Like 1

Anybody thought that maybe the “hangers on in suits” were potential major future sponsors that could get us out of the psr sh*t?

i get the resentment to perks for hangers on, as everyone seems to describe them, but in reality who wouldn’t invite their friends and families etc. In the same position

• Haha 4