Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Thai Celebrities on the Pitch/Parade

2 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I can understand KP staff and family’s being on the pitch but was there any need for random Thai Z-listers to be on the pitch and parade?

Like this bloke below, 

https://www.instagram.com/hacknabangchang_69?igsh=MXgzOHdiY25kMzBxbg==

Or this woman that hosts a Man United fan channel in Thailand;

https://www.instagram.com/ppeachy?igsh=dGluZTR6dGpkb3Zu

Or this bloke that seems to be famous for flogging face cream and posing half naked on Twitter ;

https://www.instagram.com/taophiangphor?igsh=MWNqNmQ3OHJubDl3ag==

Many more examples..

No. Its a joke. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I can understand KP staff and family’s being on the pitch but was there any need for random Thai Z-listers to be on the pitch and parade?

Like this bloke below, 

https://www.instagram.com/hacknabangchang_69?igsh=MXgzOHdiY25kMzBxbg==

Or this bloke that seems to be famous for flogging face cream and posing half naked on Twitter ;

https://www.instagram.com/taophiangphor?igsh=MWNqNmQ3OHJubDl3ag==

Many more examples..

It was ridiculous a) the sheer size of the hangers-on area when they came on the pitch yesterday and b) the 3 extra buses needed for the parade. No doubt all "uncles" who helped Vichai open his first business etc. Anyone who is near the reception area on a match day at the business end of the season (rarely a November midweek game btw) will see just how many of these gravy train riders turn up. The true scale KPFC right there.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Like it or not, we’re in a financial pit and if sticking some influencers in city gear generates some revenue overseas that’s usually only reserved for the big six then I can look past it. 

A handful of hangers on is to be expected but there was no need for that many of them to be on the parade let alone lay on extra buses for it. And quite a few round me today were asking who they all were. Would have been fine if it had been general club/training staff but on a day when we're celebrating achievements these guys weren't needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Not massively bothered by it myself but it's a pretty crap look given how awful the ownership has been the last couple of years. And as you say, it's about the players and the club. Do you not think that detracts from the players achievements and must be petty galling that a bunch of no marks are sharing their moment? And again, for supporters who want to feel close to the team, there's a bunch of people with no connection to the club who are able to get closer and be more involved in the celebrations.

Think it just reinforces the feelings of this club becoming King Power FC for some

All valid points.

But when you look at the players and how they seem to really connect and embrace Top, I doubt they have very strong feelings about it either. I totally get why people would be pissed about it though, just don't have such strong feelings to let it affect me as much.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, MattFox said:

It was an complete joke, yesterday, bashed out aload for hospitality in the fosse for a few of us as I was coming from overseas for the game. Were have  bit of atmosphere and booze before the trophy lifting.  Received an email that morning, after half time  the lounges are closed for a private party, but you can have  a free pint on us because of this.  The free party was for  all these thai hang ons. 

Edited by Foxes99

1 minute ago, Foxes99 said:

It was an complete joke, yesterday, bashed out £350 for hospitality in the fosse for a few of us as I was coming from overseas for the game. Were have  bit of atmosphere and booze before the trophy lifting.  Received an email that morning, after half time  the lounges are closed for a private party, but you can have  a free pint on us because of this.  The free party was for  all these thai hang ons. 

I don't disagree that this is poor, but to correct the record, the party was for club staff and their families. Everybody from exec level to shop staff.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MattFox said:

This woman has an INSANE amount of Instagram stories.

Like more in the last 24 hours than I have ever done on instagram.

I think she might need actual medical help.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Just find it weird/amusing tbh 

It’s like some English company buying a Thai club and wheeling out Katie Price and some blokes from Love Island 

And Mark Goldbridge

I would pay good money to not have to see that.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Like it or not, we’re in a financial pit and if sticking some influencers in city gear generates some revenue overseas that’s usually only reserved for the big six then I can look past it. 

We’ve been told that we’re massive over there for years. Someone can post the Spurs end versus ours from that friendly. It won’t ever change and while that remains a fact, some weird top six whoring influencers will continue to nab tickets. Not a fan

@FoxyLoxy79we were dming about this. Thoughts?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

if we can get Thai ‘ influencers ‘ to support our club, they could help expand our fan base in Thailand and therefore, increase our income.

The harsh reality of monetising that is massive.

Thailand isn’t a country where the average local can spend money on us. We saw that with the washout friendly. No big six club is targeting Thailand as a market for example. 

It was way over the top.

They wouldn't have three busloads of fans who have a greater connection and understanding of the club. No wonder so many find it irritating.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This woman has an INSANE amount of Instagram stories.

Like more in the last 24 hours than I have ever done on instagram.

I think she might need actual medical help.

For my sins I just looked through them and by far the most entertaining of them all was the lad with his arse out in the city center lol 

**** me, Vards on there saying “it’s not up to me”. Should we be getting emotional here? Jon’s about to fook this up isn’t he…

• Like 1