Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattFox

Thai Celebrities on the Pitch/Parade

7 minutes ago, adam said:

It's grim. That bus parade today was a bit embarrassing. 5 ****ing buses 🤣!

Fans hanging about why a load of tops mates **** about taking selfies on the balcony.

That was nothing to do with the fans today and all about King Power.

Yup, even the Birch was heard to question why there was so many busses when we only had 2 for winning the Premier league.

It's done now I guess, we move on, but it won't be an isolated incident. It's a sign of things to come under the dictator.

It's all about KP and promoting that brand. It's got nothing to do with us now.

If we make an ga cup final again be interesting to see how many tickets go to us fans.

Face is a big thing in Thailand.  Top lost face when the club was relegated.  This is him showing off so people back home see. That’s also why he didn’t take responsibility in the programme notes last season. 

Making merit is very important. They like to show off even donating some food to a monk they’ll take lots of pictures. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MPH said:

and yet some Thais are billionaires and bought our club. It’s possible that we are after ‘ that circle’ of people.

there’s about 150k millionaires in Thailand… there’s money to be made there even if things are sold at a price that is relative to the local market..

Irrelevant. FFP etc means it needs to be hard revenue. That’s shirt sales, friendlies in Thailand etc. Millionaires aren’t the sort to fill out a stadium or start buying thousands of shirts. 

Now if we were talking about Japan or Korea, then we’d have a market which does have those possibilities. I just had a look at announced pre season friendlies in the PL and every single team is off to the US who have revealed their fixtures.  

Edited by CosbehFox

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thank you for reminding me that this photo exists:

article-0-1A2A722200000578-291_634x424.j

Dyer and Moore's faces of profound disinterest will always amuse me.

lol tony Ks face is the best, just pure agony at having to do this in his eyes 

7 hours ago, MattFox said:

It’s nothing to do with club marketing and all to do with Top and Mrs Top wanting to fit in with Bangkok society 

Interesting that Susan Whelan who actually knows a thing about business (with many faults) has stayed completely anonymous the past couple of days

All not well...

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

All valid points.

But when you look at the players and how they seem to really connect and embrace Top, I doubt they have very strong feelings about it either. I totally get why people would be pissed about it though, just don't have such strong feelings to let it affect me as much.

They must love Top.

He hands out ridiculous contracts and takes them out on the piss. They barely felt any of the consequences of relegation and now they're being paraded round Leicester.

He must be an absolute dream to work for, and they're probably all rubbing their hands knowing he'll emotionally hand out some large contracts.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KFS said:

Tbf the uk is excellent at churning out low grade celebs as a whole. “Look at that poor boy who can’t swallow his food, let’s make him a millionaire” the most recent questionable one.

Thankfully I don’t know who you’re talking about!

2 minutes ago, K789 said:

Not bothered at all, obviously tops mates

Same mate, cannot understand the hate. Im

sure he’d swap all of his family/friends on the pitch and on the buses to have his Dad by his side but sadly that’s not possible obviously. 

He has made mistakes in the running of this club but f**k me we could’ve ended up with the Venkys, Dai Yonggge.

Enjoy the celebrations Top! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don't quite get why it winds people up.

It was the same but on a bigger scale when we won the Premier  League.

Doesn't really bother me, doesn't affect me,  but I suppose they are given seats for the trophy lift game that could have gone to genuine City fans, which is a shame.

Ultimately though, while Top and his family are custodians of the club, they can do as they please and will do.

Edited by smudger63

Just now, smudger63 said:

It was the same but on a bigger scale when we won the Premier  League.

Doesn't really bother me, doesn't affect me,  but I suppose they are given seats for the trophy lift game that could gave gone to genuine City fans, which is a shame.

Ultimately though, while Top and his family are custodians of the club, they can do as they please and will do.

Ultimately the seats that are going these influencers aren’t keeping your regular fans out from seeing the trophy lift. They’re not giving them cheap seats in the family stand

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Maybe I’m too passive about this sort of thing but I couldn’t care less.

The action that Top and co make to remedy our financial mess is something I care about.

It all links in. I don't believe that necessarily this issue is the biggest but another frustration amongst many that lots of us hsve.

It won't change but people have a right to call it out. And, as you say, bigger things are coming down the line.

This is an unfortunate part of the game and life!

Hangers on and influencers are needed to spread the City word. Some provide invaluable advertising to a Far Eastern market that is currently really sought after - and after all, Leicester more than most need to tap into this to make ourselves more financial rich. 

That's why they did the Bangkok parade on 2016!

Yes these "influencers" are annoying (and we have plenty of home grown ones too!) but whether we like it or not, social media is the big thing. 

Let's be honest, most Clubs would rather not have loyal season ticket holders because financially you don't get much - they pay the least for their seat, they don't spend much at the ground each match, and they may buy a shirt once every few years. Increasingly Clubs would prefer "tourist fans" who drop in, spend hundreds for a ticket, and spend a fortune at the shop, usually as a one off. Just look at the options for places like Real Madrid and even Liverpool. Just look at some of the plans being touted such as playing a 39th game abroad - crazy!

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Just think had the ground expansion and hotel been done they could of all stayed at the hotel. Lcfc could have picked up the bill.

You would imagine they were all sent to London in taxis. No way would they have stayed in Leicester last night, even if we had a ground expansion.