Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
13 hours ago, Sly said:

I was wondering why the arrest photo showed them topless lol

 

I am guessing they were undertaking some countryside theft and are currently like WTF! 

Allegedly going to steal diesel and sell on to unscrupulous others.

Posted
5 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

sure, because effectively the government invested in your house, so they share n the uplift of that investment.   They ultimately owe 20% of the house under Help to Buy.     IF it were the opposite and Labour suggested a scheme where you only paid back what you borrowed, then everyone on the right would be up in arms about "freebies". 

 

We used help to buy for the house we are in now.   We still have the Help to Buy loan... it isn't overly painful every month (we've been here 6 years now.)  we COULD borrow to pay the loan off, but the increase in borrowing cost is more than the interest on the HTB scheme.   We plan to sell the house and downsize significantly at retirement, and will pay it back at that point, unless interest rates drop again significantly in the future and borrowing is cheaper to do.   

 

I'm sure your brother will tell me i'd making a loss on that decision financially (I probably am technically) - But I can invest more in my pension and investments now, rather than putting that to the extra borrowing i'd need to pay off the HTB scheme today.   My hope, is that the growth in those investments eventually pay off the HTB anyway. 

Makes sense, so won’t be overwhelming for when year 6 hits. Should help more people onto the ladder then 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Rubbersoul said:

It’s now being reported one of the Fairford suspects called 999… 

 

and that they’re not being investigated for fuel theft according to The Times. 
 

Incredible 

This sounds like it's become a rather delicious farce that's causing embarrassment to all the people who really need as much humiliation as possible tbh. 

  • Like 4
Posted
52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

This sounds like it's become a rather delicious farce that's causing embarrassment to all the people who really need as much humiliation as possible tbh. 

What I can’t get my head around is if there is 3 vans filled with fuel, in large containers, surely that is going to ignite if they wanted it to? I just can’t see how this can’t be seen as 3 mobile bombs.

 

It all seems very, very odd. 

Posted
5 hours ago, kenny said:

No, because its for new builds only.

 

You are paying a premium for a new build, so you would be better to get a cheaper older house and not borrow from the government.

Also, new builds are poor quality and characterless.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also, new builds are poor quality and characterless.

Better insulated. I bought one after wanting to live in older property and now would always buy new. Also the added bonus of no one dying previously and being haunted 😂

  • Haha 1
Posted
15 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also, new builds are poor quality and characterless.

Quality in my experience is very good. Our building standards are typically high.

 

Bland as **** though.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Triple lock goes to double lock after this parliament. 

As a pension eligible person myself, I'd go with it to pay for free social care, i might need it myself, but it just won't be enough. Social care will cost more over time anyway.

If it happens it will be a limited benefit aimed at those in the greatest need. There will be a defined level of need in order to qualify. Those that fall outside the qualifying peramiters will still have to pay up.

It's a political stunt and the next manifesto will just sideline it and it'll drift off into the political ether.

Also "free at the point of need" is very vague. Once the point of need has been met, in that a care home bed has been sourced, and subsequently occupied, the point of need is no longer a thing. Then what happens.

 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

What I can’t get my head around is if there is 3 vans filled with fuel, in large containers, surely that is going to ignite if they wanted it to? I just can’t see how this can’t be seen as 3 mobile bombs.

 

It all seems very, very odd. 

It's like a carry on film without the tits.

Well, there are several tits Trump and Rubio plus our very own MI5 or 6 and the wonderful British trash rags.

I also suspect some senior members of the "travelling community" will be having  serious words with their bungling oafs.

Edited by Parafox
Posted

Did anyone see the size of those sharks in Perth, roaming near the beach? I’m surprised anyone gets in the water! 
 

 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sly said:

Did anyone see the size of those sharks in Perth, roaming near the beach? I’m surprised anyone gets in the water! 
 

 

Still such a beautiful creature tho.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also, new builds are poor quality and characterless.

Some are some are not, we had a lovely new house for 6 years under help to buy before we moved to Australia.

Posted
1 hour ago, Sly said:

Did anyone see the size of those sharks in Perth, roaming near the beach? I’m surprised anyone gets in the water! 
 

 

Yes I did!  Fortunately I am a bit further South and we have a shark net to swim in if we choose.  Its relatively unusual to have shark dinner sitting on the beach as well.  Early in the swimming season but of course a poor guy did get killed 2 weeks ago a few Kms north of this video.

Posted
8 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

What I can’t get my head around is if there is 3 vans filled with fuel, in large containers, surely that is going to ignite if they wanted it to? I just can’t see how this can’t be seen as 3 mobile bombs.

 

It all seems very, very odd. 

I'm far from an expert here, but I would posit that there are far better materials to use than petrol for making such terrible devices that are not difficult to obtain. ANFO, nitrate compounds and the like.

 

Clearly the powers that be think along those or similar lines too, or they would not have let things play out as they have.

 

But yes, all rather odd. But a little funny, given it's making the right people look like mugs.

Posted
1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I'm far from an expert here, but I would posit that there are far better materials to use than petrol for making such terrible devices that are not difficult to obtain. ANFO, nitrate compounds and the like.

 

Clearly the powers that be think along those or similar lines too, or they would not have let things play out as they have.

 

But yes, all rather odd. But a little funny, given it's making the right people look like mugs.

To be honest, I’ve no idea how to make a perfect bomb! lol I’m slightly concerned if I Google it, I might end up on a list!
 

Petrol seems like an easy thing to acquire in bulk, to do it easily.

Posted
4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Still such a beautiful creature tho.

They are, also the water is their territory. 

 

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes I did!  Fortunately I am a bit further South and we have a shark net to swim in if we choose.  Its relatively unusual to have shark dinner sitting on the beach as well.  Early in the swimming season but of course a poor guy did get killed 2 weeks ago a few Kms north of this video.

I’m surprised they let it stay on the beach for so long. Wouldn’t the oils as the whale carcass break down and stay in the sand, attracting more predators? 

Can sharks breach the nets? I guess people see more sharks now, as we have drones etc, and more people in the water.

 

Still scary the first time you see how big they are. I was surprised it was that close to the beach.

 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be honest, I’ve no idea how to make a perfect bomb! lol I’m slightly concerned if I Google it, I might end up on a list!
 

Petrol seems like an easy thing to acquire in bulk, to do it easily.

I've watched too many dark Netflix documentaries, clearly :ph34r:

 

Like I said, I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure better options for less hassle exist, and the fact that these guys have been turned loose on bail indicates that either the fuzz don't consider them that much of a threat or some other game is being played here. 

  • Like 1
Posted
11 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

It’s now being reported one of the Fairford suspects called 999… 

 

and that they’re not being investigated for fuel theft according to The Times. 
 

Incredible 

makes you wonder why Donald Trump had been watching these very bad guys for as long as he said they had been :whistle:lol

Posted
9 hours ago, Parafox said:

Triple lock goes to double lock after this parliament. 

As a pension eligible person myself, I'd go with it to pay for free social care, i might need it myself, but it just won't be enough. Social care will cost more over time anyway.

If it happens it will be a limited benefit aimed at those in the greatest need. There will be a defined level of need in order to qualify. Those that fall outside the qualifying peramiters will still have to pay up.

It's a political stunt and the next manifesto will just sideline it and it'll drift off into the political ether.

Also "free at the point of need" is very vague. Once the point of need has been met, in that a care home bed has been sourced, and subsequently occupied, the point of need is no longer a thing. Then what happens.

 

that isn't what they are suggesting...

 

the national care service is intended to pay for personal care only. not for beds in care homes (or at least i think that's true) - What they have said though is that no one will be expected to "sell the family home" to pay for it... so i suspect a straight IHT charge on every single estate is likely to be built in to this. 

 

I personally think that's the right call. Ive had two relatives recently that did end up in care with dementia. They were in care homes for a number of years and ultimately had to sell their home and then burned through all that cash during their stay. 

 

better to have a cap on the cost that is predictable and manageable for most people.

  • Like 2
Posted
9 hours ago, kenny said:

Quality in my experience is very good. Our building standards are typically high.

 

Bland as **** though.

 

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Also, new builds are poor quality and characterless.

 

we were never going to buy a new build, suits us with busy life and no upkeep at the moment and the house faces a field rather than inwards - it would really wind me up people parking outside the house, I don't like the fact there isn't any nooks or crannies, very boxy etc. We had a fireplace built and alcove units etc to try and add some character in so it isn't too bland. 

 

i am amazed the amount of people who move into a new build and do nothing to them, almond white walls for years and just stuck a sofa and tv in, then wonder when the re-sell they don't get the price they want. if you are going to buy a new build, try and make it unique over the years - you are literally buying a blank canvas. 

 

I really dislike the garden as a bit overlooked, so planning on planting some trees at the back, makes you wince how much semi-mature trees cost 🥴

 

Posted
51 minutes ago, Sly said:

To be honest, I’ve no idea how to make a perfect bomb! lol I’m slightly concerned if I Google it, I might end up on a list!
 

Petrol seems like an easy thing to acquire in bulk, to do it easily.

Not cheap though :P

  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...