Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

So are we all safe from the big Russian plague or what? It seems to have gone a bit quiet…

When the Russians go quiet it's time to worry

Posted

Firing squad execution to be livestreamed, Pentagon says

The public will be able to watch the execution of a former US Army major by firing squad, US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth has said.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmy0r96xygx6o

 

Nothing like sitting down with the family with a bucket of popcorn on a Saturday evening watching a live execusion. Will it be PPV?

  • Like 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Firing squad execution to be livestreamed, Pentagon says

The public will be able to watch the execution of a former US Army major by firing squad, US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth has said.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmy0r96xygx6o

 

Nothing like sitting down with the family with a bucket of popcorn on a Saturday evening watching a live execusion. Will it be PPV?

There’ll probably also be a half time show. 

Posted
3 hours ago, davieG said:

...and it'll be free for them and we'll need to sign up to another subscription site at £10 / week to view it.

DAZN have won the rights 

  • Haha 1
Posted

Bet some people with no family connection will leap on the band wagon to claim ADHD and or autism is something parents want to label their children without knowledge of how difficult it is to get help etc.  I personally suspect another problem facing school students is that age 11 children have to to schools that are too big and feel overwhelmed

Posted
2 hours ago, bovril said:

When the Russians go quiet it's time to worry

There is something fishy about it, only the Americans seemed to be worried about it though. It was either a) nothing to worry about in the first place b) something awful. 
 

Considering the local city seems to be functioning fine, I’m inclined to go with a. 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Firing squad execution to be livestreamed, Pentagon says

The public will be able to watch the execution of a former US Army major by firing squad, US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth has said.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmy0r96xygx6o

 

Nothing like sitting down with the family with a bucket of popcorn on a Saturday evening watching a live execusion. Will it be PPV?

 

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmy0r96xygx6o

 

Ah, the US joining those bastions of human rights, Iran and Afghanistan, in offering the spectacle of a public execution. In glorious livestreamed UHD, no less. Can practically taste the brain matter.

 

Be there or be square, I guess.

Oi :ph34r::D

  • Like 1
Posted
30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Firing squad execution to be livestreamed, Pentagon says

The public will be able to watch the execution of a former US Army major by firing squad, US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth has said.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cmy0r96xygx6o

 

Nothing like sitting down with the family with a bucket of popcorn on a Saturday evening watching a live execusion. Will it be PPV?

Thought this was an onion article at first glance… US is off its trolley as usual. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Thought this was an onion article at first glance… US is off its trolley as usual. 

Yeah, no real surprise given the current lot in charge over there. 

Posted

 

If you actually want to spectate an execution, and you have no connection to the condemned person or his victims, there is something wrong with you.

 

 

Posted
56 minutes ago, Lionator said:

 

No way they'd do anything with such ill taste as letting Chris Martin perform.

  • Haha 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

 

If you actually want to spectate an execution, and you have no connection to the condemned person or his victims, there is something wrong with you.

 

 

Americans like extreme violence. Not in a Russian 'my life is pain so I like to see other suffer' way, in a childlike excitable way. Their national sport involves men giving each other brain damage interspersed with a few seconds of kicking a ball through posts. I imagine millions of them will tune in with their snacks and whoop when the guy gets shot. 

Posted (edited)

Just read the condemned is paralysed from the waist down and in a wheelchair.  Just adds another dimension to this "spectacle".

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

 

If you actually want to spectate an execution, and you have no connection to the condemned person or his victims, there is something wrong with you.

 

 

Somebody said that to me after I mentioned that I 'stumbled'* (yes, really) on an historic firing squad execution online.

The algorithms quickly determined I was interested in such things, so presented me with more similar content and yes, I did watch a couple more. Not out of some sort of morbid curiosity but because I was surprised to learn that even a volley of bullets doesn't necessarily get the job done quickly. One poor sod was clearly still conscious and lifting his head up for several seconds afterwards.

It certainly helped me to be a firm opponent of capital punishment.

I will not be streaming this latest one in the states.

 

*It was an old Pathe newsreel about spies in, iirc, the Korean War. The commentary was the usual upbeat Pathe style too. 'Well, one things for sure, these fellas spying days are well and truly over.' :blink:

 

 

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
Posted
51 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Somebody said that to me after I mentioned that I 'stumbled'* (yes, really) on an historic firing squad execution online.

The algorithms quickly determined I was interested in such things, so presented me with more similar content and yes, I did watch a couple more. Not out of some sort of morbid curiosity but because I was surprised to learn that even a volley of bullets doesn't necessarily get the job done quickly. One poor sod was clearly still conscious and lifting his head up for several seconds afterwards.

It certainly helped me to be a firm opponent of capital punishment.

I will not be streaming this latest one in the states.

 

*It was an old Pathe newsreel about spies in, iirc, the Korean War. The commentary was the usual upbeat Pathe style too. 'Well, one things for sure, these fellas spying days are well and truly over.' :blink:

 

 

Hence Coup de grace I suppose 

Posted

I would say trump has taken the US back 80 years but then again I think those administrations of the 40s had many more morals than him.

 

This is why the rise of the right wing is so concerning across the world. You get these cult of personality freaks that can say literally anything with little accountability from their own fan base, atrocity after atrocity, clear demonstrations of their evil and corrupted character do nothing to dissuade the weird followers. 

 

This is why we should be concerned about the likes of Farage.

Posted
6 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I would say trump has taken the US back 80 years but then again I think those administrations of the 40s had many more morals than him.

 

This is why the rise of the right wing is so concerning across the world. You get these cult of personality freaks that can say literally anything with little accountability from their own fan base, atrocity after atrocity, clear demonstrations of their evil and corrupted character do nothing to dissuade the weird followers. 

 

This is why we should be concerned about the likes of Farage.

These types all seem to have a desire to go backwards. Putin in his head is in the Cold War times, Farage probably about 50 years ago but Trump literally seems to be back in the days of American Independance. 
 

As you say, this is is why the prospect of Reform UK and Farage is a frightening thought. 

Posted
22 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I would say trump has taken the US back 80 years but then again I think those administrations of the 40s had many more morals than him.

 

This is why the rise of the right wing is so concerning across the world. You get these cult of personality freaks that can say literally anything with little accountability from their own fan base, atrocity after atrocity, clear demonstrations of their evil and corrupted character do nothing to dissuade the weird followers. 

 

This is why we should be concerned about the likes of Farage.

"You secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king!"

 

Simpsons always calling it.

  • Like 2
Posted

I see that Ed Sheeran has announced new acts to support him on his American tour.

 

P!nk

Madonna

Ofra Haza

Dana International 

And The Maccabees.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...