Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

From the first match ever played in the FL there’s always been richer clubs using that advantage to achieve more than the rest. There’s never been a level playing field the gap between top and bottom is obviously much bigger now making it almost impossible to breech bar LCFC’s miracle season. 

Posted
31 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Whatever .. I just cant abide cheats ..  he hasn't got enough money to deal with my missus 

Like I said before, I assume you were equally appalled by our own cheating?

 

I'm guessing not though somehow 

  • Like 1
Posted
41 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I wouldnt be suprised if this goes further than the EPL. Now there is proof of fraudulant accounting matters surely this is a criminal offence and HMRC should have a lot of interest? 

 

 

 

 

if HMRC think they are owed taxes I'm sure they will collect but Man City could easily pay back these taxes and that would be the end of it???

 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Fvck off Burnham. 

Sounded like he was secretly defending Man City.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1
Posted

Quick message to noel and Liam 

 

Please dont put you life in the hands of a dodgy chairman and throw all your cups away 🙏

 

Thankyou and goodnight 

Posted (edited)

Well the current PM is hoping the current City owners don’t sell up ..

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crkgwvv8xvw0o

 

EDIT: Sorry already been posted !

 

Probably showing his northern roots .

 

I am sure there are good people at Man City who do some decent things to help the community but the club’s owners have cheated their way to success so deserve any punishment that they get unfortunately for those affected without doing anything wrong .

Trouble is financially a fine won’t mean much so have to be something strong .

Edited by Super_horns
Posted
3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It's an advantage for sure. And there's a whole debate to be had about how much historically 'big' clubs have benefitted from their historic dominance, and how various financial rules have protected a status quo that's to their benefit. 

But that and the Man City stuff is just a patently different thing. 

I've missed the convo twix yourself and Finnegan so excuse me from misunderstanding - they are different, yes, but they're all still cheats. 

 

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So all of the big clubs have been 'cheating' for the last 40+ years then, in your view? What specific rules have they been breaking? 

I laid out much of my POV in the quote in my signature (click through to read the whole post) but I'll put a summary here:

 

The entire structure of the sport is set up to benefit those clubs. That is the system Man City were right to call unfair but wrong to cheat to get around it. When we won that league, we didn't earn our fair share of money and were restricted in spending it. That only got worse the closer we got the cementing our earned position in the top 6 places. 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, em9999 said:

Burnham can keep out of ut too who cares what a unelected priminister thinks 

Anyone want to talk boats with em9999? I sense you're night will be well filled. 😉

  • Haha 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, sdb said:

Anyone want to talk boats with em9999? I sense you're night will be well filled. 😉

Oh Christ Man City are gonna poach our HMS Piss The League off us aren't they

  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, davieG said:

From the first match ever played in the FL there’s always been richer clubs using that advantage to achieve more than the rest. There’s never been a level playing field the gap between top and bottom is obviously much bigger now making it almost impossible to breech bar LCFC’s miracle season. 

They've committed fraud. 

It's not an advantage. 

It's fraud.

Posted
1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Like I said before, I assume you were equally appalled by our own cheating?

 

I'm guessing not though somehow 

I think the levels of intent and scale are vastly different. Man City have set out to deceive to the tune of not far short of £1b. We comprehensively mismanaged contracts that led to catastrophic consequences when we were relegated. In my opinion the two clubs cannot sensibly be compared.

  • Like 3
Posted
1 hour ago, AyewJoking said:

if HMRC think they are owed taxes I'm sure they will collect but Man City could easily pay back these taxes and that would be the end of it???

 

Not sure it would just be a matter of paying the unpaid taxes though? Its fraud so its criminal and i would have thought there was more to it than just paying up what you owe

Posted
5 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I think the levels of intent and scale are vastly different. Man City have set out to deceive to the tune of not far short of £1b. We comprehensively mismanaged contracts that led to catastrophic consequences when we were relegated. In my opinion the two clubs cannot sensibly be compared.

Cheatings cheating though. 

 

I'm being facetious obviously, the two are miles apart but anybody who thinks their own club is squeaky may be surprised if they were allowed to look behind the curtain. Let's not forget this only came out because of a leaked email. The fact the premier league were none the wiser really shows up the whole facade

 

Posted

I can’t believe that the former mayor of Manchester and current pm is defending the Man City owners……..

Anyone would think that he might be involved in someway. 
It’s not as if politicians have history of dodgy dealings and money laundering…..
 

  • Haha 1
Posted
7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Appears someone has put together how much potential compensation each wrong club has owed to them by Manchester City !

 

 

IMG_2922.jpeg

Missing a zero of our figure 

Posted
51 minutes ago, CornwallFox said:

They've committed fraud. 

It's not an advantage. 

It's fraud.


 

of course it’s an advantage. By lying about their spending to a tune of nearly 1 billion pounds, they were able to buy more/ better  players and pay their wages in a way they would not have without the fraud. They gained a MASSIVE advantage because of the fraud.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Appears someone has put together how much potential compensation each wrong club has owed to them by Manchester City !

 

 

IMG_2922.jpeg

 

20 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I’d take that with a pinch of salt, it appears to be the sum of each club finishing 1 place higher in the EPL in the affected seasons. It clearly doesn’t factor in European qualification, relegation or interest on losses.

I think this is just the very, very basic figures of merit payments, which has grown to about 2.6m these days but the dates in question would have been about a million and growing per year. 

Edited by urban.spaceman
Posted
13 minutes ago, MPH said:


 

of course it’s an advantage. By lying about their spending to a tune of nearly 1 billion pounds, they were able to buy more/ better  players and pay their wages in a way they would not have without the fraud. They gained a MASSIVE advantage because of the fraud.

My point was it isn't simply an advantage. It's fraud. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...