Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Mike Newell

i read in the sun he was coming next week but i try not to believe to much of the sun even the television guides in there lie 2 me

Had a look on Luton boards and some say that the report was written by one of the 'Curtis brothers' :o

Which would indicate that its a load of rubbish. According to them.

I'm getting slightly worried that we haven't appointed anyone yet... :cry:

Some good contacts on a Leicester forum have said Newell will be named the new Leicester manager as soon as compensation can be sorted with Luton.

Have any of you heard anything?

Off one of the Luton boards (http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=350&fid=169&sty=1&act=1&mid=2137763010), looks like they're thinking what we're thinking

I wouldn't be too worried at the moment. If the rumour is true then Newell won't be taking over until Monday, in which case he still has to take charge of one more Luton game - so he's not likely to advertise that he's leaving just yet is he. Similarly Kelly is obviously going to be in charge for the Wolves game so bringing Newell in straight away isn't nessisary.

I wouldn't be too worried at the moment. If the rumour is true then Newell won't be taking over until Monday, in which case he still has to take charge of one more Luton game - so he's not likely to advertise that he's leaving just yet is he. Similarly Kelly is obviously going to be in charge for the Wolves game so bringing Newell in straight away isn't nessisary.

Disagree, Newell will be in charge tomorrow and let Kelly pick the XI for Saturday but he'll have his say to the XI, there is no way he'd sit back it isn't in his nature.

Disagree, Newell will be in charge tomorrow and let Kelly pick the XI for Saturday but he'll have his say to the XI, there is no way he'd sit back it isn't in his nature.

If the compensation still has to be worked out then it is entirely possible that Newell will still be in charge of Luton on Saturday.

The Luton squad use the David Lloyd gym I'm a member of on the edge of Luton. Newell is often in there. Indeed during the Christmas break I was encouraging my (nine year old) son to go up to him and say come back to Leicester Mike, we need a decent manager. I'm going up there tomorrow lunchtime, and as always will be wearing my LCFC training shirt on and see if I can get any kind of reaction. One of their coaches is a friendly guy who admitted to me he was actually a Sheff Weds fan earlier this season.

I also remember Rob Kelly saying " we can now bring someone else in" when De Vries ( totally bizzare Herenvean want him in my opinion, aint they got that ex PSV player who scores about every game ) went.

and by that he must of ment a manager. However I would think we are still paying a bit of De Vries's wages

I hope this all true, but I will wait and see, as this isn't the first thread about us definately having a new manager is it. Newhall would be a excellent appointment.

Huntelaar? He's gone to Ajax, and Samaras has gone to Man City, Heerenveen has got £12.2m from them to maybe if de Vries impresses :ermm: they'll give us a share of that :P

Has anyone posted this about Newell? I cbb to look.

http://www.lutonfc.com/cgi-bin/newspro/vie...138881763,10989,

Personally I don't know enough about half these guys to say who I'd want.

But I know enough about some arsebrains to know I don't want them.

Reid... G. Mac... Souness. lol

If Newell is the new manager (still a rumour so far, keep in mind) then great! Don't know much about him, but whatever, I take it from a large chunk of people on these forums he's a decent manager.

Then again some of you raved about Levein, so I'll just sit back and watch from afar. :D;)

Luton are my local club and I can't describe what a job he has done down at Luton. They have shokcing training facilities a horrible ground and a squad with a ridiculously low average age. In any given week they play about 4 17/18 kids.

He has been forced to sell many of his best players (Emerson Boyce, Matt Spring, Tony Thorpe, Gary McSheffery) but has consisently repalced them with players of equal if not better quality for less money. He has also got the best out fo previously mediocre players like Steve Howard, Ahmet Brkovic and Kevin Nicholls.

People have talked about him playing good football and whilst this is deifnately true he has always played with a target man, so I doubt it would be Hume and Fryatt up front for too long. His teams have always scored plenty of goals though, which will make a nice change.

as for being boring he may have a bit of a monotone but he has plenty of charachter. That "straight faced" thing against Liverpool is a facade. I have seen him sent off several times once for tackling an opposition player as they had a dart down the left wing! He also fights for what he thinks is right and will be anything but a puppet for the board.

All in all I think this would be a fantastic appointment, and really hope it happens.

Luton are my local club and I can't describe what a job he has done down at Luton. They have shokcing training facilities a horrible ground and a squad with a ridiculously low average age. In any given week they play about 4 17/18 kids.

He has been forced to sell many of his best players (Emerson Boyce, Matt Spring, Tony Thorpe, Gary McSheffery) but has consisently repalced them with players of equal if not better quality for less money. He has also got the best out fo previously mediocre players like Steve Howard, Ahmet Brkovic and Kevin Nicholls.

People have talked about him playing good football and whilst this is deifnately true he has always played with a target man, so I doubt it would be Hume and Fryatt up front for too long. His teams have always scored plenty of goals though, which will make a nice change.

as for being boring he may have a bit of a monotone but he has plenty of charachter. That "straight faced" thing against Liverpool is a facade. I have seen him sent off several times once for tackling an opposition player as they had a dart down the left wing! He also fights for what he thinks is right and will be anything but a puppet for the board.

All in all I think this would be a fantastic appointment, and really hope it happens.

Magic! He can bring Steve Howard with him.

Archived