Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

When the acca gets to this stage its not about thinking who will win its about how much you can lay to make sure you get a big amount of money & laying £200-300 to win £1000 is a big win. We are saying back Boro or draw to ensure he wins the £1000 he want.  I wouldn't risk losing £1000 when I knew if I placed the bet on a draw or win would guarantee me £700 profit. If you would let that game run without it then you are a better man than me.

Edited by shawy2510

depends how you look at it really. if united don't win he's lost a tenner that he spent a week ago. won't even notice. but he could easily guarantee himself 750 quid which sounds nice. to get to this position and not at least take a few hundred quid profit home either way is a bit silly really. but obviously each to their own. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

oh yeah, nice one Newcastle.

First time I bet on you all season and you can't even manage a single goal at home, on Boxing Day.

All I had was a btts...I didn't even have you to win!

Cvnts...

hope you bet on goals and cards in Melbourne City vs Perth lol

3-3, three penalties and 2 red cards

betfair have got a decent promo on if you bet regular but you have to opt-in to it under the promotions tab.

stake £100 can be done in £10s £20s etc.. and they will match it with £100 but you have to play through it 3x, im currently 45% through it just by betting on overs.

ends 4th jan

Edited by whoareyaaa

Noticed James Wade was 3/1 to win the match and both players to win a set yesterday so stuck £50 on it. 

Betfair then only paid out £75 saying they made a mistake and the odds should have been 1/2. Been in contact with them and they are sticking by their guns that they aren't paying out. 

How would the betfair respond if I bet £50 and lost then claimed I only meant to bet £5 and tried to say it was human error.

• Like 1

Poor that is from them. I had a similar sort of thing the other day where I had over 0.5 in a game, there was a goal that got disallowed yet Bet365 had already paid out on it. They paid me in full, I made the same bet and then it ended 1-0 through a 95th minute goal lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Noticed James Wade was 3/1 to win the match and both players to win a set yesterday so stuck £50 on it. 

Betfair then only paid out £75 saying they made a mistake and the odds should have been 1/2. Been in contact with them and they are sticking by their guns that they aren't paying out. 

How would the betfair respond if I bet £50 and lost then claimed I only meant to bet £5 and tried to say it was human error.

Happens a fair bit, offering 1000's of markets every hour it's going to happen.

If there's evidence that other bookies are offering offering around 1/2 and betfair have put 3/1 then that's clearly an error on their part.

You can raise a complaint with IBAS and may get paid out the 3/1 as a gesture of good will. The whole process can take up to 6-8 weeks though.

http://www.ibas-uk.com/adjudicationForm.php

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Poor that is from them. I had a similar sort of thing the other day where I had over 0.5 in a game, there was a goal that got disallowed yet Bet365 had already paid out on it. They paid me in full, I made the same bet and then it ended 1-0 through a 95th minute goal lol

If it hadn't have ended1-0, Bet 365 would have messaged you to say they'd deducted the win from your account mate.

You were lucky the late one went in.

lol

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

If it hadn't have ended1-0, Bet 365 would have messaged you to say they'd deducted the win from your account mate.

You were lucky the late one went in.

lol

Yeah this happens quite often. Sometimes I win a bet to wake up in the morning with the money taken out of my winnings. They are quick to notice when its in there favour but no so if its in yours. Tbh the crap I bet on I can't find the results for alot of the time so who knows if they have had money from me they shouldn't have.

3 hours ago, Nugent said:

Reading are 2/1 in places at home to Fulham tonight, definitely having a bit of that.

Fulham beat them 5-0 not that long ago so could be a potential banana skin, however Reading are in top form and the odds are in their favour yet again (dunno why). may have something on this BTTS probably.

Turned £50 into £420 since Monday few losses in between but managed to bank it up last night with £150 on BTTS in Villa game (85th luckily) returned £300.

Cash out really is a ****er at times, need 1 goal in the Dundee v Patrick game the other night for over £350 profit could have cashed out for half the pot but let it run and no goal came!!

see what today brings