Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

On 04/11/2019 at 07:14, Lcfc-1992 said:

Skybet. The bet was voided though, they had priced it wrong :thumbdown: I will be keeping an eye on that market. 

37 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

They have probably got it in there T&C’s but I think it’s bad that betting companies can void a winning bet through a mistake they have made. 

I’m sure they wouldn’t have refunded your money if it had lost even though they had priced it wrong. 

This guy on Twitter takes on a lot of these cases through legal channels and gives advice for free.

• Like 1

All I can say in God bless skybet. I won a couple grand on unibet a few days ago so decided to have a bigger than normal bash with skybet, played some slots on £1/£2 and lost £300, no big deal, still up for this month. Get a message the next day, your account has been fitted with a £5/day deposit limit because you've gambled more than your average. Wtf. Went to WH yesterday with £100, not played there in ages, only sunk £9.6k out the bastards. Cheers skybet! lol

5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

All I can say in God bless skybet. I won a couple grand on unibet a few days ago so decided to have a bigger than normal bash with skybet, played some slots on £1/£2 and lost £300, no big deal, still up for this month. Get a message the next day, your account has been fitted with a £5/day deposit limit because you've gambled more than your average. Wtf. Went to WH yesterday with £100, not played there in ages, only sunk £9.6k out the bastards. Cheers skybet! lol

That's impressive from skybet tbh, most bookies will happily let someone with a gambling problem lose 5 figures in a day and pretend not to notice. Good on them. 

7 hours ago, brucey said:

That's impressive from skybet tbh, most bookies will happily let someone with a gambling problem lose 5 figures in a day and pretend not to notice. Good on them. 

I understand where your coming from, but it's hella annoying being limited when you didn't ask for it. I'd understand if I was spaffing stupid money away, but £300 shouldn't get me hassle. 

Put a fiver in a my account, stuck it on an acca of around 12/1, and went up to £60 odd. Stuck that on an acca on Sunday at around 8/1 and took that up to around £540, thanks to Dybala's late winner.

I do this every so often see if can win a few grand and withdraw and start again. Low risk as I've only spent a fiver to start with. I look to build and acca somewhere between 7/1 and 10/1, more if I think it looks good, but any higher I think you putting too many games in. Might try an AFCON qualifier acca tonight, some strong teams at home, except Cameroon who have been in poor form.

On 19/09/2019 at 16:16, ScouseFox said:

also, we have been having an outrageous amount of corners since rodgers arrived. worth keeping an eye on. 12 vs wolves, 9 vs united both been very profitable this season, as well as beating chelsea in the match bet when we went to the bridge. we're in for 5 or so at the weekend and are slight favs to have more than spurs. i think we will have a lot of the ball and a lot of long range shots which normally equals a lot of corners. 

6 corners in half an hour today. it’s pretty outrageous stuff. 

On 08/11/2019 at 19:30, brucey said:

This guy on Twitter takes on a lot of these cases through legal channels and gives advice for free.

Hate that, don't mind when someone's been done over on a technicality but that's ridiculous. I'm astounded that a judge made them pay out on that when it's a clear error haha.

Guest Harrydc
On 27/11/2019 at 16:37, filbertway said:

Hate that, don't mind when someone's been done over on a technicality but that's ridiculous. I'm astounded that a judge made them pay out on that when it's a clear error haha.

Why? If the website says 2000/1, and he’s parted with his money because of that reason they have to pay out. When he placed the bet, it probably said “returns £2001” so he had every right to fight for his money. 

1 hour ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Some good stats there for corners. What you thinking for today?

i think the line for our total corners is slowly catching up with us which is a shame. 365 have us in for 7 corners today which is probably about right tbh. i think we will probably go over that but it’s not as much of a value bet as earlier on in the season when you could get big prices on us getting 5 or 6+ corners against rubbish teams and we were ending up in double figures. 

think i will have another look at the corners when someone prices up our trip to man city. considering we won the corners match bet at stamford bridge, old trafford and even anfield (despite literally having one shot) i think that’s the next time we will be priced up wrong. 

11 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i think the line for our total corners is slowly catching up with us which is a shame. 365 have us in for 7 corners today which is probably about right tbh. i think we will probably go over that but it’s not as much of a value bet as earlier on in the season when you could get big prices on us getting 5 or 6+ corners against rubbish teams and we were ending up in double figures. 

think i will have another look at the corners when someone prices up our trip to man city. considering we won the corners match bet at stamford bridge, old trafford and even anfield (despite literally having one shot) i think that’s the next time we will be priced up wrong. 

Only 4 for us today, 8 in total! 

It is no exaggeration to say that VAR is again fookin my betting up.

God’s honest, since last night, I’ve bet on three games in which there has been a total of 7 disallowed goals

Braga, Getafe and Sampdoria

On each, I needed one more goal for decent wins

3 games, 7 VAR’s - every one going not in my favour.

Just this weekend, VAR being around has resulted in my not winning at least 50 quid, that, pre-var, would have come in very easily.

If you bet ON goals, it’s a big hazard and like the players and fans, I cannot get excited when a goal gets scored to win a bet because I’m expecting someone to have had a fingernail offside or something.

I hate VAR with a passion I really do.

11 hours ago, Col city fan said:

God’s honest, since last night, I’ve bet on three games in which there has been a total of 7 disallowed goals

Just this weekend, VAR being around has resulted in my not winning at least 50 quid, that, pre-var, would have come in very easily.

If you bet ON goals, it’s a big hazard and like the players and fans, I cannot get excited when a goal gets scored to win a bet because I’m expecting someone to have had a fingernail offside or something.

Bet on unders then

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Are you watching all of these games? If not I have no idea how you know VAR is to blame for you losing. 

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

First of all I hate VAR. However with your logic surely if you had won those bets before VAR you would have just been lucky as the decisions were wrong. Also seems you bet on some random leagues?