Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

On 10/12/2019 at 14:03, Col city fan said:

The point I’m making (badly?) is that these were all decisions given as goals

No linesman’s flags, no nothing

It was then VAR that over-turned them. All of them.

Therefore (whether rightly or wrongly.. that’s not the argument), pre-var they would have stood and I’d have won. In each case, simply having VAR and it being in use, over-turned every one of these decisions. And I didn’t win

Simply equates to the existence of VAR, at least in THESE cases, resulting in betting losses that would have been betting wins

This isn’t good for people who bet on goals to be scored because VAR seems to over-turn goals that have been scored (ie to disallow) more than it grants goals that HAVENT been allowed by the officials

At least that’s my perception

Going forward, I’m going to target matches that don’t use VAR more than those that do, as VAR seems to give a competitive disadvantage to the number of goals allowed. I also wonder if other people betting are finding the same thing?

Hope that makes sense

I’m not talking about all the rights and wrongs of VAR, I’m looking at it purely in gambling terms.

No one is gonna tell me that VAR isn’t having an adverse impact on betting where the bet is on goals scored.

Goals are being chalked off time and time again. Last nights ‘equaliser’ being the latest and this WOULD NOT have been picked up if VAR didn’t exist

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No one is gonna tell me that VAR isn’t having an adverse impact on betting where the bet is on goals scored.

Goals are being chalked off time and time again. Last nights ‘equaliser’ being the latest and this WOULD NOT have been picked up if VAR didn’t exist

Perhaps see it an opportunity to consider the adverse impact of gambling? Think of the other constructive things you could channel your money into instead. 

Just now, Line-X said:

Perhaps see it an opportunity to consider the adverse impact of gambling? Think of the other constructive things you could channel your money into instead. 

I wasn’t gambling on it my old son. Was emphasising the point

PS this is the gambling thread

:S

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I wasn’t gambling on it my old son. Was emphasising the point

And one I absolutely agree with - but knowing you are partial to a flutter I wondered whether you had paused for thought over this. I know that it's "the gambling thread" - and let's be right, no one likes some self-righteous sanctimonious puritan preaching at them and telling them how to live their lives. I was genuinely curious that's all, not necessarily directed at you, even though it was in reply to your post. A rhetorical question perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

PS this is the gambling thread

:S

I'm also thinking of starting crystal meth and crack cocaine threads. In addition to one about how the conflict in Helmand and Kandahar - (the main opium growing areas of Afghanistan), which in combination with the poor poppy harvest last year have had an adverse effect on the street value of smack. 

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Why dont you bet on unders if that's the case? Seems obvious..

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

What were the stats in the end? I can’t find them online. 

26 throw ins. 

i would assume the pre match quote would’ve been about 38-40. so probably would’ve been 40/1-66/1 i reckon. 

obviously hard to pick out pre match cos you are also gambling on how the game is going to pan out but once it went 3-0 after 20 mins the ball barely went out of play. that’s why second legs involving a dead game (man city, barca etc. champions league second legs) are gold, because they are so good at keeping the ball and there is no need for anyone to go above walking pace. 

12 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Anyone do football index and make money 

Downloaded this a few weeks ago but only put a tenner in so I don't expect anything from it. I'm currently about 40p down due to chopping and changing with players I had due to boredom and the fact that then you sell FI take a certain percentage. What I've gauged from it though is there is money to be made - from looking at the market over the past year it seems that about 90% of players have increased in value in the long run. It is a lengthy and patient process I feel if you want to make money from it but also one that you'd have to invest a significant amount into to see considerable reward. 

on arsenal to go unbeaten from feb 1st to march 2nd @ 6/1. home game vs newcastle and home game vs everton to come. 

looking back through some of my pre season bets for lols and they all look pretty sound tbf. leicester without top 6 @ 5/1 the pick, already cashed one of them out seen as it offered me about 98% of my winnings and i thought cba waiting 6 more months for another tenner. 

liverpool and man city top 2, leicester top 6, southampton top half and palace to go down @ 2000/1 would be absolutely lovely if palace could just remember they are actually complete trash. 

On 31/01/2020 at 00:11, shanetko said:

I'm informed by someone well versed in finances that Football Index is likely to leave a lot of people out of money eventually. Ponzi-esque set up.

Absolute bullshit

They have linked up with NASDAQ and if you read up properly you will see the business model is nothing like a Ponzi scheme

The “wife” has made £13k since May 2019 and has a £40k port which compared to some proper investors is peanuts

if you know anything about football you should be able to make at least 10% every MONTH 

Expanding into Spain and Germany soon so the Index is only going one way 

• Like 1