Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Managed to read 56 books last year which I am pleased with. Pretty much all fiction so I am going to mix it up this year. Currently reading Atomic Habits by James Clear and it is already starting to change my life. I only started it over the weekend. 

Chris Finch?

4 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Do you all read actual books or is it all kinders ? Still a book man like I still like CDs and Dvds

It depends where I'm reading. In bed at night it's better on my phone so I don't need the light on. I struggle to read a screen outside though in the sunshine, so if I'm sitting outside or going to the beach I need an actual book. 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

It depends where I'm reading. In bed at night it's better on my phone so I don't need the light on. I struggle to read a screen outside though in the sunshine, so if I'm sitting outside or going to the beach I need an actual book. 

Thanks Deb. Makes sense. Personally I don't read in bed. 

6 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

6 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Thanks Deb. Makes sense. Personally I don't read in bed. 

It's the only place I do it. I use a clip on light on the top of my headboard. Reading is one of the best things to do before going to sleep. You'd be amazed at how much quicker and more regularly you fall asleep at night if you can have at least an hour with no screens with blue light. A warm yellow one to read by, not directed into your eyes is fine btw.

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

And Away by Bob Mortimer. About 80 pages in and laughed out loud a few times, smile basically the entire time I'm reading it. 

I'm just about to start it right now. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's the only place I do it. I use a clip on light on the top of my headboard. Reading is one of the best things to do before going to sleep. You'd be amazed at how much quicker and more regularly you fall asleep at night if you can have at least an hour with no screens with blue light. A warm yellow one to read by, not directed into your eyes is fine btw.

I'm just about to start it right now. Looking forward to it. 

I use Google Books on my phone and I have it set to automatically turn on 'night light' so the screen light is warm yellow, and not blue  :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

The Gone Fishing programme with Paul is just marvellous. Another BBC hit for the other Thread!

Im reading the book atm. The non fishing bits are okay, but if you're not an angler the rest is a bit boring. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Im reading the book atm. The non fishing bits are okay, but if you're not an angler the rest is a bit boring. 

Thanks for reply. I've not got the book yet. Not an angler myself. The programme works even if you don't know one end of a fish from the other 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Does anyone like science fiction books? I have never been bothered but this year have been looking at different style books to read. Went on goodreads and have just been reading their highest rated books. I have just read project hail mary and wow it’s crazy. Just saw it’s already going to be made into a film. Anyone into sci fi just read this it is brilliant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished two crime/thriller books, by writers new to me.  Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson - a very enjoyable read. Will seek out other titles of his. 

And The Searcher by Tana French. I loved this one, and can't understand why Tana isn't a bigger name.

Still progressing slowly through the old Russian classic Crime and Punishment. Well worth the effort. 

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Just finished two crime/thriller books, by writers new to me.  Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson - a very enjoyable read. Will seek out other titles of his. 

And The Searcher by Tana French. I loved this one, and can't understand why Tana isn't a bigger name.

Still progressing slowly through the old Russian classic Crime and Punishment. Well worth the effort. 

I absolutely love Tana French,  I've enjoyed everything of hers that I've read 

• Like 1