Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Saw TICKLED the other night ...    classed as a documentary but was in Skys film section.  Kept me and Mrs CF glued to it till the end.   Story about an investigative journalist who decides to have a look at competitive tickling (don't laugh) but stumble into something that is much darker and threatening than they thought ...   when they close in on Mr (or Mrs) big one of the journos says 'My heart is really beating' ...   as was mine and Mrs CF's !   Recommended.

On 01/12/2016 at 22:09, foxfanazer said:

Anybody watched Sully or Inferno yet? If so, any good?

Seen Sully yesterday, really impressed and to be honest the style of directing was quite different the story kept cutting between flashbacks of the event, in fact I forgot it was a Clint Eastwood film at times. Tom Hanks as ever puts in a top notch performance. The film is quite intense especially when the emergency happens and the passengers and crews reaction is quite human and natural, in fact it felt like you were on the plane. The only thing I can say though really is, I'm not sure if this is right for the big screen. I feel its more of small screen film its more like a netflix or sky Atlantic programme, it's only 90 minutes and that does pass fast, film does end quite sudden and you do feel maybe they could have further ten minutes... but overall it was a nice feel good factor. 6.5/10.   

Edited by Leicesterpool

Watched Sully last night. Thought it was quite poor. Not enough to the real story to make it into a film so they had to add a whole storyline about the big bad crash investigators trying to blame the captain. Pretty tedious, really. But the aeroplane shots were pretty good.

I thought Sully was pretty crap.  I don't know about 'Miracle on the Hudson', it's a miracle they managed to stretch a 6 minute flight into a full length film.  They showed the crash sequence twice, which I thought was a little bizarre, but the rest of the story was a whole load of nothingness so they had to fill the 90 minutes somehow.  Tom Hanks was Tom Hanks, but he probably should have swerved this film.

2 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I thought Sully was pretty crap.  I don't know about 'Miracle on the Hudson', it's a miracle they managed to stretch a 6 minute flight into a full length film.  They showed the crash sequence twice, which I thought was a little bizarre, but the rest of the story was a whole load of nothingness so they had to fill the 90 minutes somehow.  Tom Hanks was Tom Hanks, but he probably should have swerved this film.

Do you reckon Clint Eastwood was the right to direct this.

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Do you reckon Clint Eastwood was the right to direct this.

He is nearly a 100 years old, so it might be best for him to give it up. 

Although, I doubt any director could have done any better with a story that should never have been a feature film.

Clint has been in & has directed some classics........but Sully isn't one of them.

Guest seanfox778

Don't know who this would be aimed at, kids these days won't know what a Power Rangers is and it doesn't look like it'd hold its own against current superhero films. Pointless Johnny Cash cover in the trailer too. 

On 06/12/2016 at 09:02, kingcarr21 said:

Trailer for new Transformers looks decent. 

Thought it looked bloody awful... like most of the films!.

Watched The Accountant last night, thought it was pretty good actually, kept me interested whilst watching it. Although afterwards thinking back, it was a bit silly... but still entertaining.

Didn't know anything about it, fair to say the title of the film doesn't do it justice.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:02, kingcarr21 said:

Trailer for new Transformers looks decent. 

Nah, personally, I'm with Babs here, it looks as dreadful as the majority of them, just another chance for Michael Bay to toss himself off over some explosions and tough to follow crowded action scenes. The featuring of Nemesis Prime could be a saving feature though.

4 hours ago, rico said:

Was not going to give a watch but I am tempted now to see Peter's relationship with the Iron Man.  I think it was a good call by Marvel to put him in the movie along with giving it more of a high school feel to make it stands out from its predecessors. 

Guest seanfox778

I don't really like the new Spiderman, having Michael Keaton play a bird type man was a good touch though. I'll probably still watch it though, might turn out OK.