Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

its already better than the Andrew Garfield monstrosities

I agree though Garfield's a very good actor who deserved much better treatment. The main issue was Sony's desperation in retaining the rights to the character; Raimi was still developing Spider-Man 4 to make up for Spider-Man 3 but their deadline for the rights reverting to Marvel was approaching and they panicked. Even worse they kept interfering in the eventual reboot which is never a good sign with a big studio. 

Marvel being back in control is the best thing to happen to the character for 10 years. 

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

this film looks like it will be amazing

Christopher Nolan. :claudio:

Christopher Nolan with Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy and Kenneth Brannagh. :cap:

Christopher Nolan with Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Brannagh and Harry Styles. :revenge:

Seen Rogue One. Without wanting to give any spoilers away (though any SW fan should really know how this HAS to go), it starts very slow, could confusing for kids, but builds to a dynamic, if increasingly obvious, ending. Didn't really take to the two main characters, Jyn (Felicity Jones) and Cassian (Diego Luna), but the support is good from Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk. There out is also a scene that defies the laws of physics and which could have been written by me, aged 10.

Enjoyable, better than the prequels, but not the original trilogy, or The Force Awakens.

Just back from watching Rogue One, for me personally I thought it was so much better than Force Awakens. Never really took to that at all but loved this, it's more of a film for 30 somethings who loved the originals. Force Awakens felt like a kids film.

Didn't find it slow other than 5 minutes in the middle. And the ending... oh my.

Absolutely thrilled it finally feels like I've got a film that matches up to the originals.

There are a few flaws, a few iffy bits of cgi that take you out of it. Wasn't keen on some of the score, it was distracting in places.

I want to watch episode 4 right now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Just back from watching Rogue One, for me personally I thought it was so much better than Force Awakens. Never really took to that at all but loved this, it's more of a film for 30 somethings who loved the originals. Force Awakens felt like a kids film.

Didn't find it slow other than 5 minutes in the middle. And the ending... oh my.

Absolutely thrilled it finally feels like I've got a film that matches up to the originals.

There are a few flaws, a few iffy bits of cgi that take you out of it. Wasn't keen on some of the score, it was distracting in places.

I want to watch episode 4 right now.

Agreed. you can tell this was directed by a hard core star wars fan. better than TFA which in hindsight was a bit disappointing 

Edited by separator

Can I also say the opening is bloody awful... honestly it felt like Gareth Edwards had been told he can't use the crawl last minute and got the work experience kid to do the beginning. What's up with the Font they used!!! 

It's also very choppy at the start introducing loads of characters and goings to loads of places... it feels a bit awkward.

These things just stick out when you're gagging for something to be perfect. 

The action scenes are brilliant. God I want to talk about one at the end but I won't just yet!

Oh and K2SO is my new favourite droid. Steals every scene he's in just about.

Edited by Babylon

28 minutes ago, Webbo said:

David Brent, Life on the Road.

Cringingly embarrassing as you expect but still quite funny. A lot better than I thought it would be.

Although the material or cringewortheyness wasn't anything new, it was entertaining at times.  He sort of reminds me of you, I can imagine if you were to write songs, they would be the same topics.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Although the material or cringewortheyness wasn't anything new, it was entertaining at times.  He sort of reminds me of you, I can imagine if you were to write songs, they would be the same topics.

Yeah but he's a fat, ugly, middle aged man. Nothing like me.

Rogue One.

Finally seen it and even though it has its flaws, like any movie, it is very good.

Seeing this universe expanded on even more and how intrusive and over powering the Empire is was nice.

All the Easter Eggs, from the other movies, novels and the animated show, Rebels.

The third act, this is worth the admission price alone.

13 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Rogue One.

Finally seen it and even though it has its flaws, like any movie, it is very good.

Seeing this universe expanded on even more and how intrusive and over powering the Empire is was nice.

All the Easter Eggs, from the other movies, novels and the animated show, Rebels.

The third act, this is worth the admission price alone.

Seen it twice now, that final scene with Vader has to go down as the greatest couple of minutes in a Star Wars ever.

Saw Sully. It was OK. Narratively all over the place. Great performance from Hanks though, and Eckhart's moustache was beautiful. 

Some absolute arsehole thought it was a great idea to bring their child along - couldn't have been older than 2 years old, kept talking throughout the trailers and then didn't shut up when the film started. Then he took him out to the relief of everyone in the cinema. And then brought him back in 5 minutes later! The kid still kept talking and the guy was talking to his wife and about taking him out but the other child (about 7) wanted to stay and everyone started shouting at him to take the kid out. So he did. Loudly. After ruining the first 15 minutes of the film. And then 10 minutes later the wife and other kid left as loudly as they could manage it.

What is wrong with people?!