Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Shambles and having defended the club to the hilt over the years I'm starting to wonder why bother.

This year has been a disgrace.

The new coach publicly slagging players before a ball is bowled & Shreck getting us a point deduction against a bunch of students.

Fans being told not to sing at T20's.

Should've got Nixon in.

Dross.

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Anyone else genuinely concerned that if we don't start to improve and develop some players of our own, our first class status could be at risk? So sad to see the current state of a once proud club. After a reasonable season last year, this season has been nothing short of a disaster. 

It depends on whether the ECB feel like cutting the numbers- we are primed to be first in line. First-class status is great and all that but we've won, on average, 3 games a season since relegation and any fleeting glimpses of improvement are quickly blocked.

We are just uncompetitive again despite trying to modernise the club off the field. But any more seasons like this, and a re-think of first class numbers, could see Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire visiting Grace Road in a few years.

On 8/7/2017 at 17:48, HaroldBazBo said:

Shambles and having defended the club to the hilt over the years I'm starting to wonder why bother.

This year has been a disgrace.

The new coach publicly slagging players before a ball is bowled & Shreck getting us a point deduction against a bunch of students.

Fans being told not to sing at T20's.

Should've got Nixo

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Been in touch with Fango77 Cobb's the mole who's been passing on info about the club for years.Anyway  Fango has now turned on Cobb because according to him he got Jamie Sykes the sack by blaming him for passing on club info.

Shocking really, what was the picture about of the girl?

3 hours ago, everton carr said:

Not sure about that 

I'm pretty sure that is Stuart Broads misses.... so possibly saying that Cobb sent him that photo... aka Cobb is shagging Broads misses? lol 

Pretty sure they broke up recently too.

Cobb has always been a twat anyway, thought he was a god when I played against him at U18 level on saturdays/sundays.

Done well for himself but had a lot of help from Daddy along the way for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm pretty sure that is Stuart Broads misses.... so possibly saying that Cobb sent him that photo... aka Cobb is shagging Broads misses? lol 

Pretty sure they broke up recently too.

Cobb has always been a twat anyway, thought he was a god when I played against him at U18 level on saturdays/sundays.

Done well for himself but had a lot of help from Daddy along the way for sure. 

A first class average of 25 would suggest that he's really not that good.

I really do worry about the future and echo the sentiment about bringing Nico in, if anybody can install that bit of passion and pride that can get some positive energy flowing around the club then it's him.

53 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A first class average of 25 would suggest that he's really not that good.

I really do worry about the future and echo the sentiment about bringing Nico in, if anybody can install that bit of passion and pride that can get some positive energy flowing around the club then it's him.

It gets to a point though, a little bit like Blackpool let’s say.. where people just don’t want to touch it because of story after story and you get stuck with whoever says yes to a job offer.

That Aussie bloke on twitter has to be one of the saddest people I've ever seen. 10,000 miles away and getting involved with players who he'll never meet, exposing their personal lives and all the 'gossip'. More fool anyone who's ever spoken to him.

Good win anyway tonight!