Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

21 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Mentioning Joe Root - by the way - Billy Root (his brother) has just got 100 and got it off the bowling of Joe Root.

I do wonder how hard Joe was trying to get him out. Actually, I don't. He'll have been trying very hard!

He was in our 2’s for a time as well.

Missed out on a decent player.

32 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Same 13.....

Can't see Patel coming in seeing as Dearden, Hill and Swindells all scored 50s, Ackermann is captain and the openers are opening. If Parkinson wasn't vice captain he'd maybe be more likely to make way with Ackers providing a spin option if needed. Don't see it though.

Klein could come in for any of the seamers based on last week.

Not to many other options are there really? Could play Patel instead of Mike. Not sure he was was much help with bat all ball last week. Barely bowled second innings. 

Not saying is a bad player long term but really a waste of space last week. 

4 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Meanwhile a glance at the Surrey squad is enough to send me scurrying behind the sofa. Burns, Foakes, Pope, Jacks, Amla, Overton, Plunkett.....

2-1 win for us. Kelechi and Ayoze for us. Pope with a late consolation for them

Add Kemar Roach to that list as well. Could be another chastening week. 

• Like 1

KP got 355 not, the last time we went to the Oval. I remember watching the first day and being amazed that Lewis Hill, batted so long for a 126, as he looked to just be on the edge of surviving most of the time. We also had guys like Neil Pinner and Rob Taylor in the side, who just didn't seem pro standard. I

I remember being really impressed with Surrey's young fast bowler, Matt Hunn, but he's been blighted by injuries ever since, but also Zafar Ansari, who of course decided to leave cricket all together and now works for charities providing legal aid. If he'd stayed he would have gained many international caps by now, but I reckon he's had a more worthy calling.

Good luck to the lads today, I hope we win the toss. At least the Currans are at the IPL

3 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Won the toss and batted. Klein in for Evans; bit more variety, pace and improves the tail a little, but also usually quite expensive. A bit puzzling.

Harsh on Evans in my view; but I suppose we don't know if he has a niggle, or something else going on and of course we don't watch them in training/nets etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well somethings wrong cos we have slowly strolled to 71 for no loss at the moment 

In fact only county to have no wicket fall this morning so far 

Pitch looks as you'd expect at The Oval but still no mean feat given the attack we're up against. Need to just bat and bat and bat for as long as we can.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well somethings wrong cos we have slowly strolled to 71 for no loss at the moment 

In fact only county to have no wicket fall this morning so far 

From what I saw in between meetings, they batted quite sensibly, but the pitch looks quite flat as well. Overton looks rusty.