Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

The only victim in this case is Madeline.

For me, i would be extremely shocked, if we ever find a conclusion to this case.

My opinion? Given the 'actual' evidence, everything points towards the Mccann's, and i find it remarkable that they have not once been treated as the potential killers during the whole time. There is no evidence, except for their own, which suggests anyone else is responsible.

The only victim in this case is Madeline.

For me, i would be extremely shocked, if we ever find a conclusion to this case.

My opinion? Given the 'actual' evidence, everything points towards the Mccann's, and i find it remarkable that they have not once been treated as the potential killers during the whole time. There is no evidence, except for their own, which suggests anyone else is responsible.

Apart from by the Portuguese Police who were investigating it you mean? If it's obvious they did it why haven't they been arrested and if they did it why don't they just let it drop so everyone forgets about it?

Losing a child is every parents worse nightmare, their negligence might be partly to blame but they are victims just the same.

• Like 3

It is not as much the evidence pointing to the McCann's as there is little evidence pointing to an abduction or break in. Why did the mother wash Madeline's soft toy? People have said that as a mother they would be reluctant to do this as it would be a memory.

It is quite possible that when one of them returned to check on her she was 'playing up' and was accidentally killed.

Without a body this cannot be proved. They have a reputation in their community, good and bad and maybe influence too.

This is all speculation of course but have they really reacted as parents who are desperate to know what happened?

Regardless of negligence, whether you dislike the McCanns or even think they're guilty, there's still a missing young girl.

I think we can safely say she's either dead or doesn't even know she was originally called Madeleine after all these years.

Edited by Bilo

Regardless of negligence, whether you dislike the McCanns or even think they're guilty, there's still a missing young girl.

Not saying anything other. Just think it's got a lot of coverage, probably using a lot of resources, which could be used on the thousands of others that go missing each year? 

I wonder if it would have gone on as much if the parents were Mr and Mrs average from Braunstone?

Until 7 years ago they were Mr and Mrs average (but well educated and with Degree and Doctorate qualifications) from Rothley. They didn't ask to be in this situation.

• Like 2

I wonder if it would have gone on as much if the parents were Mr and Mrs average from Braunstone?

The parents are not anything special are they?

I am sure there are plenty of missing kids, past and present, which had parents who worked a higher paid job and were educated to a better level.

Not saying anything other. Just think it's got a lot of coverage, probably using a lot of resources, which could be used on the thousands of others that go missing each year? 

The "resources" come from independent benefactors and donations, not from any public money. Anyone can raise money for a missing child if they put enough effort into it and into maintaining pressure and raising the profile. Don't for one second imagine the McCanns are sitting back watching others do all the work while they benfit from publicity.

What would you do if it was your child?

• Like 2

The "resources" come from independent benefactors and donations, not from any public money. Anyone can raise money for a missing child if they put enough effort into it and into maintaining pressure and raising the profile. Don't for one second imagine the McCanns are sitting back watching others do all the work while they benfit from publicity.

What would you do if it was your child?

Look after her properly, for starters.

• Like 3

This kind of post irks me a bit. And I don't get your reasons for posting it?

Are you saying that they should not of slogged their guts out for 7 years at university and residency programs to become Dr's and we should be annoyed at them for it?

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder towards anyone who is remotely successful in life.

• Like 1

Until 7 years ago they were Mr and Mrs average (but well educated and with Degree and Doctorate qualifications) from Rothley. They didn't ask to be in this situation.

Mr and Mrs Average who had a direct line through to the then Prime Minister?

I'm not sure about them either way but there is definitely more to this whole situation than is being made known. Too many holes in too many stories.

It is not as much the evidence pointing to the McCann's as there is little evidence pointing to an abduction or break in. Why did the mother wash Madeline's soft toy? People have said that as a mother they would be reluctant to do this as it would be a memory.

It is quite possible that when one of them returned to check on her she was 'playing up' and was accidentally killed.

Without a body this cannot be proved. They have a reputation in their community, good and bad and maybe influence too.

This is all speculation of course but have they really reacted as parents who are desperate to know what happened?

Maybe she washed the toy because she wanted it to be clean for when madeleine came home? How have people become such experts at what parents are supposed to feel after an event like that? Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 2

I just put forward a suggestion on what people who are mothers have said how they would react.  One of my younger brothers had a blanket he took with him nearly everywhere. It was hard to get it off him to be washed. Mothers have said the smell of the toy would be the one thing that would remind them of their child. I would not know it is just another POV.

When I said average couple i was not think of the average middle class living in a nice area and well connected with people that know them and possibly members of golf bowling and other clubs with connections with influence.

Just because they are professional and well educated people does not mean they are perfect. Everone can make mistakes and their behaviour should be judged equally as would a single mother living on a council estate. their status should not make any difference to an investigation.

This kind of post irks me a bit. And I don't get your reasons for posting it?

Are you saying that they should not of slogged their guts out for 7 years at university and residency programs to become Dr's and we should be annoyed at them for it?

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder towards anyone who is remotely successful in life.

Not at all. I am saying they should be treated equally. Their success does not make them immune from wrong doing.

I just put forward a suggestion on what people who are mothers have said how they would react. One of my younger brothers had a blanket he took with him nearly everywhere. It was hard to get it off him to be washed. Mothers have said the smell of the toy would be the one thing that would remind them of their child. I would not know it is just another POV.

Seems more natural to me that she would have preferred to behave as if her child was going to be coming home. Not washing the toy because it provided a "memory" would have been quite pessimistic at that stage, maybe suspiciously so - you could have asked why was she so confident that the child was never coming back? Point being that these observations don't mean a thing.

Edited by MooseBreath
  • Like 1