Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

It's like CSI foxestalk on here. Everybody thinks they're a detective. It might be the parents, then again it probably isn't. Why do you need to accuse/speculate when nobody knows what really happened.

Edited by Webbo

As time has passed, many seem to have come to a dislike of the McCann's as there is not one shred of evidence, not one tiny little bit, that an abduction took place.

There is also no evidence, not one tiny little bit, that her parents murdered her and then covered it up.

It's like CSI foxestalk on here. Everybody thinks they're a detective. I might be the parents, then again it probably isn't. Why do you need to accuse/speculate when nobody knows what really happened.

Both of them? So you're Kate and Gerry at the same time?

There's a conspiracy if ever there was one!

According to locals near the site they've already searched the area shortly after she went missing.

Not wanting to be too disparaging about the local police, what they constitute a search, might not be what the police over here call a search.

What's always rubbed me the wrong way with all this is the way the parents are viewed upon by the world at large, simply because they are middle class people with respectable jobs. They should of been/should be locked up for negligence. If this was a single mum on benefits who did what they did she would of been absolutely tortured by the press and locked up. They fvcked off for a drink/meal and left their kids alone in a holiday complex in a foreign country, I think it's disgraceful they have gotten away with it, whether they actually did do it or not, they are directly responsible for her death through negligence.

And if that article is implicating that she is under a bit of wood/iron a few yards from the complex and they've spent 7 years searching for her, well that just beggars belief on all levels. Poor kid.

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

No offence but it's dragged out for so long now. What is it? 7 years? They'll have been loads of missing people in that time yet this still gets a load of coverage.

I still think they had something to do with it.

What has the time factor got to do with anything.

For what it's worth, I don't think her parents did have anything to do with it.

It's just all so sad.

It's just all so sad.

Nobody did anything according to you. Savile didn't molest kids, the McGanns didn't kill there daughter. Well unless they had brown skin, or were gay, then they'd be guilty without a seconds thought.

It's just all so sad.

How many other people have gone missing in those 7 years? That's why I mentioned it. It still gets mainstream attention and a top investigation yet they still bang on "oh the government should be doing more".

How much time and how much money has been spent on this investigation?

Yeah it is sad but if they acted like parents and didn't leave their children then maybe we/they wouldn't be in this situation.

Edited by Fox92

Nobody did anything according to you. Savile didn't molest kids, the McGanns didn't kill there daughter. Well unless they had brown skin, or were gay, then they'd be guilty without a seconds thought.

Cheap shot.

I always thought there was something suspicious about them:

tumblr_mipdc5XwQB1qkv7deo1_500.jpg

Edited by Captain Pancake Face
  • Like 1

Guest MattP

What's always rubbed me the wrong way with all this is the way the parents are viewed upon by the world at large, simply because they are middle class people with respectable jobs. They should of been/should be locked up for negligence. If this was a single mum on benefits who did what they did she would of been absolutely tortured by the press and locked up. They fvcked off for a drink/meal and left their kids alone in a holiday complex in a foreign country, I think it's disgraceful they have gotten away with it, whether they actually did do it or not, they are directly responsible for her death through negligence.

And if that article is implicating that she is under a bit of wood/iron a few yards from the complex and they've spent 7 years searching for her, well that just beggars belief on all levels. Poor kid.

The crime took place in Portugal and there is no law against what they did out there for 'negligence'.

And if a single Mum on benefits was out in a fancy resort in Portugal I'd certainly expect them to be locked up when they got back for whatever false claims they were making.

Guest MattP

How many other people have gone missing in those 7 years? That's why I mentioned it. It still gets mainstream attention and a top investigation yet they still bang on "oh the government should be doing more".

Has anyone got any evidence for this?

We always hear about how there are 'loads of others' that don't get mentioned but surely we don't actually have thousands of suspected child adductions unsolved do we?

We always hear about how there are 'loads of others' that don't get mentioned but surely we don't actually have thousands of suspected child adductions unsolved do we?

Oh I dunno, I'm just guessing. People might mock that but I'm guessing there's a few.

The crime took place in Portugal and there is no law against what they did out there for 'negligence'.

And if a single Mum on benefits was out in a fancy resort in Portugal I'd certainly expect them to be locked up when they got back for whatever false claims they were making.

Leaving young children alone as the McCann's and their Tapas friends did in Portugal, falls within the law of "abandonment" and is subject to three years in prison.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

Not thousands but according to this there are hundreds every year: http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/oct/04/child-abduction-statistics-england-wales

Of course the Maddy one has dragged on longer than others as it is unsolved, but at the time when it first happened it gained a huge amount of publicity, more than almost any other, and that was down to the parents continuous appeals and the media picking up on it and milking Kate and Gerry's pain for ratings and circulation.

But when the press didn't get there money shot, a reunited family a dead body, an evil villain they turned on the family, the revelations of the meal, and leaving Maddy and the twins on their own. Never directly accusing the McCanns but there was enough insinuation and suggestion, they still wanted their money shot, and that was Kate and Gerry in court. As there probably never will be a conclusion to this story, and ridiculous "sitings" such as a blonde girl in the crowd at the Europa League final will keep this in the public eye.

I don't know why some abductions get more coverage than others, the fact it happened in Portugal should have meant it was less relevant to us over here, there wasn't a need for a nationwide appeal, I'm pretty sure the police could have identified all the English people in that area of Portugal on that day and targetted them for information. Some of these stories really capture the public's attention; Bulger, Payne, Holly and Jessica, Maddy, Shannon Matthews but hundreds barely make an impact despite some being as horrific or violent or mysterious as those previoulsy listed.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face
  • Like 1