Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

Not at all. I am saying they should be treated equally. Their success does not make them immune from wrong doing.

In what way are they not being treated equally? They have put their lives hearts and souls into ensuring the search for Madeleine carries on and they will not allow her to be forgotten.

The search for Keith Bennett's body on Saddleworth moor never ended because his family kept pressurising the police and the various Home Secretaries. They weren't wealthy but the kept the pressure on.

No difference. As previously mentioned, you have a gripe because the McCanns have education and money as a result of their own HARD work!! If they were on benefits I'm pretty sure you'd be as one sided in their favour as you are against them now because they have some modicum of substance.

And do you really think they would continue to press so hard for a resolution to this if they had any iota of involvement in her disappearance?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

In what way are they not being treated equally? They have put their lives hearts and souls into ensuring the search for Madeleine carries on and they will not allow her to be forgotten.

The search for Keith Bennett's body on Saddleworth moor never ended because his family kept pressurising the police and the various Home Secretaries. They weren't wealthy but the kept the pressure on.

So the squeaky wheel gets oiled first? All that does is divert resources from other searches that might be more fruitfull. 

Not at all. I am saying they should be treated equally. Their success does not make them immune from wrong doing.

It's all down to the media about how far this has gone, not them.

Gerry could of turned up to news conferences naked and just a swinging tassle from his willy to get as much attention as possible but if the cameras are not Taking the photos and news channels not airing it then no one would of known..

They can be as desperate as possible and arrange 100 news conferences a day but if no one turns up to them then this would of all gone away with after a couple of weeks no matter how much money they have...

The most powerful organism in this country is the media.they are the ones that control what we see not two upper-middle class doctors from a village that most people around the country have never heard of before....

Edited by MPH

I find it amazing how people can pass judgement on what they would do and how they would behave after a child has gone missing.

As someone who doesn't have children yet I couldn't even comprehend the situation they would be in at that point, let alone throw it around as an accusation.

I find it amazing how people can pass judgement on what they would do and how they would behave after a child has gone missing.

As someone who doesn't have children yet I couldn't even comprehend the situation they would be in at that point, let alone throw it around as an accusation.

Everyone is a self-proclaimed expert on everything these days.

The Foxestalk Record Of Achievement is something to behold indeed! I think we're lacking our 25 metre swimming badge though.

Just like Mr Pearson has said in his interview, in a politically correct World this is what happens. :thumbup:

The Foxestalk Record Of Achievement is something to behold indeed! I think we're lacking our 25 metre swimming badge though.

I've got that one covered.

Me too. I got the 50 metre one too. and a few others. I was the fastest person in my class to swim 50 metres. The teacher told me to imagine there was a bag of chips at the end. lol. He knew me well.

I just put forward a suggestion on what people who are mothers have said how they would react.  One of my younger brothers had a blanket he took with him nearly everywhere. It was hard to get it off him to be washed. Mothers have said the smell of the toy would be the one thing that would remind them of their child. I would not know it is just another POV.

When I said average couple i was not think of the average middle class living in a nice area and well connected with people that know them and possibly members of golf bowling and other clubs with connections with influence.

Just because they are professional and well educated people does not mean they are perfect. Everone can make mistakes and their behaviour should be judged equally as would a single mother living on a council estate. their status should not make any difference to an investigation.

One of ours had a blanket they kept with them around the house and slept with it but we washed it regularly without them even knowing or noticing.

Even washing "cuddle cat" didn't stop cadaver odour being detected on it. And the cat wasn't the only thing that was attempted to be "forensically" cleaned or moved in the apartment either. None of Madeleine's DNA could be found in there, leading to Gerry having to fly home to England and return with a pillow case that did contain DNA.

Edited by l444ry

Even washing "cuddle cat" didn't stop cadaver odour being detected on it. And the cat wasn't the only thing that was attempted to be "forensically" cleaned or moved in the apartment either. None of Madeleine's DNA could be found in there, leading to Gerry having to fly home to England and return with a pillow case that did contain DNA.

So why don't they just let it drop?

Ain't got a clue Webbo.

Best place to hide is in plain sight. As there was suspicion about them in the first place, their strongest defence was, 'we have to find our daughter and will never stop!' If they did stop, it would encourage some to investigate as to why and if they are guilty of something, they wouldnt want that. By continuing the 'search', they deflect any further investigation.

Someone posted earlier that they didnt have kids so wouldnt know how they would react. I have a daughter who is the same age now as Madeleine was then and believe me, their reaction is nowhere near what I would be like. Not to hark on about it either but there is no way in heaven or hell, my daughter would be left like that. If she's asleep at home, I dont even go to the garage in case she needs me.

Best place to hide is in plain sight. As there was suspicion about them in the first place, their strongest defence was, 'we have to find our daughter and will never stop!' If they did stop, it would encourage some to investigate as to why and if they are guilty of something, they wouldnt want that. By continuing the 'search', they deflect any further investigation.

Someone posted earlier that they didnt have kids so wouldnt know how they would react. I have a daughter who is the same age now as Madeleine was then and believe me, their reaction is nowhere near what I would be like. Not to hark on about it either but there is no way in heaven or hell, my daughter would be left like that. If she's asleep at home, I dont even go to the garage in case she needs me.

So you'd raise money for an investigation which might prove yourself guilty just to convince people that you didn't do it even though the police couldn't find any evidence against you?

Certainly if this thread is anything to go by, their plan not to attract attention has backfired spectacularly.

All this stuff about the cadaver odour and such, if this is real evidence, why aren't they in jail? Is there an implication that the police are in on this? Are we suggesting that because they're ordinary middle class professionals that means they're sufficiently connected to be able to have murder of a child covered up?

Certainly if this thread is anything to go by, their plan not to attract attention has backfired spectacularly.

All this stuff about the cadaver odour and such, if this is real evidence, why aren't they in jail? Is there an implication that the police are in on this? Are we suggesting that because they're ordinary middle class professionals that means they're sufficiently connected to be able to have murder of a child covered up?

DNA evidence alone is not enough in Portuguese law to make charges. Ironically, the marker matches would be enough in English law. So much for these backward Sardine Munchers.

Don't think anyone thinks The McCann(s) murdered their daughter. The PJ think they were connected in simulating her disappearance. The case against them has never been dropped, just shelved due to insufficient evidence.  

DNA evidence alone is not enough in Portuguese law to make charges. Ironically, the marker matches would be enough in English law. So much for these backward Sardine Munchers.

Don't think anyone thinks The McCann(s) murdered their daughter. The PJ think they were connected in simulating her disappearance. The case against them has never been dropped, just shelved due to insufficient evidence.  

I'm pretty sure British Citizens can be prosecuted for crimes committed abroad. I don't know what DNA can prove if there isn't a body, finding DNA on a blanket/toy doesn't prove anything.

I'm pretty sure British Citizens can be prosecuted for crimes committed abroad. I don't know what DNA can prove if there isn't a body, finding DNA on a blanket/toy doesn't prove anything.

It was Cadaver odour detected on the toy. Apparently, the lack of DNA seems to be because the McCann's almost steam cleaned the apartment. However, despite this, other cadaver spots were detected, some found in blood that had seeped between floor tiles under the Settee, which strangely had been moved into position above. 

Edited by l444ry

It was Cadaver odour detected on the toy. Apparently, the lack of DNA seems to be because the McCann's almost steam cleaned the apartment. However, despite this, other cadaver spots were detected, some found in blood that had seeped between floor tiles under the Settee, which strangely had been moved into position above. 

DNA can't tell you whether someone is alive or dead.