Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Palace 2-2 Leicester - Post match reactions

Ive just got back today and I really didnt think we were THAT bad! Palace were worse than us with a long ball every time they got the ball. In the seconnd half we looked much better. Hume and Porter as much as people give him stick, were the difference today. Ive been trying to defend MDV but today he was quite frankly shite. The main thing is we have our 1st league goals of the season and we nearly won. Plus, is it me or was the ref today aboslutely shocking! The guy 2 seats away from me let the ref and scowcroft know what he thought of them. lollol

I was upset earlier about the result but having read the match reports i understand that we should have won the game, we must build on it tho. So i am now positive about the next few games, watford will be a real test....

anyway..... stoke just got a great win

Just seen paddy in action for charlton and he was shite.....

just got back. we were dire in the first half, newton had a good 3 or 4 chances to deliver a good ball in and he didn't. de vries looked back to his old self and was taken off at half time thank god. Not sure if it was a free kick for there goal, but oh well! Mcauley had two tugs at him so that's probably why the ref gave it. Good free kick, but poor goal keeping.

Hume came on at half time and made all the difference to be fair. Martin obviously had a word as we were much quicker, sharper, harder in the tackle and had a bit of grit about us. Levi was top draw when he came on. Actually WENT at players and most of the time it worked. Good bit of pressure we had leading up to the first goal, we looked pretty decent with them on the back foot for about 10-15 minutes. I think DJ slide in for it, not to sure. Then the second goal was pretty simular from a clemence corner.

THEN, like always, we throw it away. McCauly(spellin :S) foul again, free kick, shit defender and its 2-2. Usually City.

Overall, very disapointed with the ending, but i would have taken a point at the start of the day. I'm much more confident than i was after blackpool, we looked more like a unit and threatening with Hume and DJ up top.

1 point out of 6 sounds bad, but 1 win and 1 loss doesn't.

Strange isn't it :S

Yeah but we don't have 1 win and 1 loss :blink:

And 1 win and 1 loss is 3 points.

Anyway, I have to accept that a point before the game would've been acceptable - but to throw it away in the 93rd minute again is pathetic. When will hold on to leads? It's ridiculous - I hope Allen gave them a good hiding for that.

I don't buy the 'I would've settled for a point before the game so I'm happy' mentality - that sort of attitude won't get us in and around the playoffs. We have to start winning games we aren't expected to win, especially when we only have to hold out for 5 minutes without conceding. We did so well to get in the lead, and then blew it. Typical Leicester.

Anyway, I have to accept that a point before the game would've been acceptable - but to throw it away in the 93rd minute again is pathetic. When will hold on to leads? It's ridiculous - I hope Allen gave them a good hiding for that.

Exactly.

Infact I agree with the bit I deleted from your quote too.

I don't buy the 'I would've settled for a point before the game so I'm happy' mentality - that sort of attitude won't get us in and around the playoffs. We have to start winning games we aren't expected to win, especially when we only have to hold out for 5 minutes without conceding. We did so well to get in the lead, and then blew it. Typical Leicester.

I'm only to happy with the point gained. I tipped us to lose this game yesterday so I feel quite relieved.

I do however agree that it was a shame we blew it in the final minute.

According to RL McCauley was urging the defence to move up field before the free kick was taken, but was ignored by those around him.

If you defend to deep you a more likely to be hit by a sucker punch.

Hopefully MA will pick up on this and do something about it.

Frankly, I would have been happy to take at point at half time, as we didn't look like scoring in the first half.

I also think we were somewhat unlucky in the fact that I don't think we sat back when we went 2-1 up. We didn't bring everyone behind the ball and camp out on our 18 yard line, and I'm not convinced about the free kick that lead to them scoring at the end. Will have to see it again.

I'm only to happy with the point gained. I tipped us to lose this game yesterday so I feel quite relieved.

I do however agree that it was a shame we blew it in the final minute.

According to RL McCauley was urging the defence to move up field before the free kick was taken, but was ignored by those around him.

If you defend to deep you a more likely to be hit by a sucker punch.

Hopefully MA will pick up on this and do something about it.

I be truly amazed if he hadn't issued instructions beforehand about what the team should do if they went a goal up. It should be part of any team talk.

I be truly amazed if he hadn't issued instructions beforehand about what the team should do if they went a goal up. It should be part of any team talk.

If that were the case then he should give them the biggest post match b*ll*cking ever. :@

Just got back. Thought it was a quality day out. Felt great to get back into it and have a 2-1 lead, really dissapointed to draw, felt like a loss. But now i look back on it, its a good point, should of been 3 but it was a good point considering we came back with 15 minutes to go.

Hume and DJ to start next week, sheehan out, played poor today. Levi in, we looked dangerous when he came on and i thought Newton didnt know how to beat his man and put a ball in.

Holding that view does not mean you still do not go out to try to win the match. It is simply a judgement made before the game coupled with expectations of how the match will pan out.

Just like the assertion that we "blew it." Looked at from another angle, City did well to even get in a winning position having been behind at half time. The game is over 90 minutes and judgements should be made over the entire period....not the last couple because it suits your argument, Anish.

Guest claude_leic

I think we are still lacking class in the midfield, we should be aiming at people like danny murphy and liam lawrence

One thing I've taken out of this game is that there's no other club that puts fans through as much as Leicester do.

90th minute = Exstatic

92nd minute = Saturay Ruined

It seems to happen all the time, I just hope MA had a right mouth off about the defending at the end. By the sounds of thinks McAuley saw it coming a mile off and people didn't listen. HE'S A ****ING DEFENDER, DO WHAT HE ****ING SAYS!

But yeah, a point's a point I guess. At least there were signs that we did things right and Levi can still perform at this level. I'd still love to get an out and out winger by the end of the month though. There must be some out there.

Oh and the new full back sounded alright. Best player until he got injured right?

Personally i'm happy with a point at Selhurst Park (although I wasn't initially.) I agree with the fact we should be annoyed at throwing it away in the dying seconds, but we didn't lose, we played well, and we scored twice. And apparently Wesolowski was fantastic, and controlled the midfield for much of the game.

We just need to drop De Vries and tighten it up at the back.

:blink:

Archived