Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Palace 2-2 Leicester - Post match reactions

Same old ****ing dog shite.

I'd of happilly took a point to be honest before the game, but to draw like that, its the same as whats happened for the last 5 seasons, what id going on?!

I dont give a shit if we were away, Blackpool come to Leicester, they score in about the 60th minute, do they fooking concede no they dont so why do we?

Im fooking sick of it i really am.

Chambers can't be far off a return to fitness having played today from the bench, I'd expect him to start next game.

Clarke sounded very solid and hardworking, if not fully fit, so I think our defence may well be alright.

Its very annoying but results will improve i hope Allen puts Levi in the team more he sounded good i think if the results were the other way round 2-2 at home to Blackpool and 0-1 away to palace we would have been happier Watford will be a BIG test at the Walkers theyve already beat Sheff Utd & Wolves so lets get behind them

I keep telling myself it's only three (competitive) games so cheer-up. But they have been 3 poor performancies generally and I think at least one of the strikers should be on the score sheet by now (according to RL, Kisnorbos' first effort was going-in anyway)

FFF

One good performance we lost, one poor performance we won, and one mediocre performance we drew.

I don't see how you can draw ANY conclusions from this at all. Give it a few more games.

I would have taken a draw today to be honest but to concede a late goal is dissapointing. The game we should have won was last week, and it could be worse we could have lost. Next week will be a big test for MA as he needs a win against a good side. Hopefully he's learned his lesson about de vries. I don't think it was any coincedence that we scored two when he wasn't on the field, but some people will still back him!

just got back from the match (live South London) & was disappointed that we couldn't hold out for the win. For first 30 mins of first half we were much the better side & in control of the match. There was some great passing moves but as usual the final ball was lacking. Newton also got into some great positions but his passing was generally poor - we need a better outlet than Newton. Our best player was Campbell followed by Weso.....DJ was also lively but didn't seem totally match fit to me.

New GK was much more commanding than Hendo but was no where for Palace goals. Clarke was OK but nothing earth shattering. Second half both teams were more or less equal with same amount of chances. However, we gave away too many free kicks on the edge of our box (from which Palace scored in first half).

Overall a good away performance considering the usual performances at Selhurst. A more balance performance compared to last week.....still not the killer punch up front.........just disappointed we couldn't hang on for that win :angry::angry:

just got back from the match (live South London) & was disappointed that we couldn't hold out for the win. For first 30 mins of first half we were much the better side & in control of the match. There was some great passing moves but as usual the final ball was lacking. Newton also got into some great positions but his passing was generally poor - we need a better outlet than Newton. Our best player was Campbell followed by Weso.....DJ was also lively but didn't seem totally match fit to me.

New GK was much more commanding than Hendo but was no where for Palace goals. Clarke was OK but nothing earth shattering. Second half both teams were more or less equal with same amount of chances. However, we gave away too many free kicks on the edge of our box (from which Palace scored in first half).

Overall a good away performance considering the usual performances at Selhurst. A more balance performance compared to last week.....still not the killer punch up front.........just disappointed we couldn't hang on for that win :angry::angry:

What was the atmosphere like?

Didn't hear the match, I was at a Bar-B-Q :rolleyes:. At first I heard we were 1-0 down and I thought that was it. When I found out it was 2-2 I was well pleased, then I found out we could of won it I was disappointed again.

Tbf I would have took a point before the match so it's not so bad.

Guest seanfox778

I'm Afraid this result was my fault when we went 2-1 up i stupidly started to gloat in front of the Palace supporting

chef(even though it crossed my mind that Leicester can't keep a lead, but i thought we are owed one) and sure enough

the inevitable happened. I'm sorry guys.

Just got back too, have enjoyed my afternoon out with the Foxestalk boys. The rest (wils,fez,mablo etc are still out drinking). Great atmosphere we were in good voice.

We were better today than last saturday, mainly in the passing accuracy department and for periods of the game we totally held control of posession. However we really lack the final ball, there were a couple of sparks but we dont seem to be creating enough chances.

Fulop looks promising, to be honest I really didnt see the Palace goals very well, but neither really looked like free kicks.

Our goals were well taken from the corners but nothing special.

Oh, and the ref was absolutely hopeless, as was the linesman up our end. He didnt really seem to have much control over the game.

Absolutely gutted to concede the final goal but to be honest going to the game I would quite happily have taken the point!

I think Palace will be up there in the playoffs this season. Before the game I'd have taken a point but the way we conceded after playing some good football and getting the lead is not acceptable. Given the size of our defence now you'd have to say they should be more capable of clearing from set plays.

Just got back.

OK performance but nothing to get excited about. As an above poster rightly commented, we were in control for 30 minutes without looking like creating anything worthwhile but after they scored, we were absolutely dire until half time.

Second half we improved after Levi came on. We started utilising the width he provided and with Clemence prompting and Wesolowski starting to influence the game more and more, we looked the team more likely to go on and win the game. Kaebi needs to get fit and quickly to replace Newton who quite frankly, isn't good enough.

Having said all that both teams struggled to create anything at all and all goals came from set plays. Fulop made one fantastic save but contrary to what a few people have said, he looked somewhat dodgy collecting crosses. Clarke was solid.

Oh and I'll be very surprised to see Palace anywhere near the playoffs, they are so 1 dimensional it's untrue.

Just got back.

OK performance but nothing to get excited about. As an above poster rightly commented, we were in control for 30 minutes without looking like creating anything worthwhile but after they scored, we were absolutely dire until half time.

Second half we improved after Levi came on. We started utilising the width he provided and with Clemence prompting and Wesolowski starting to influence the game more and more, we looked the team more likely to go on and win the game. Kaebi needs to get fit and quickly to replace Newton who quite frankly, isn't good enough.

Having said all that both teams struggled to create anything at all and all goals came from set plays. Fulop made one fantastic save but contrary to what a few people have said, he looked somewhat dodgy collecting crosses. Clarke was solid.

Oh and I'll be very surprised to see Palace anywhere near the playoffs, they are so 1 dimensional it's untrue.

Diagonal ball into Scowcroft, Morrison picking up the spoils?

I'm Afraid this result was my fault when we went 2-1 up i stupidly started to gloat in front of the Palace supporting

chef(even though it crossed my mind that Leicester can't keep a lead, but i thought we are owed one) and sure enough

the inevitable happened. I'm sorry guys.

Twat!

:D

Archived