Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Going to a hippy type wedding tomorrow. Its at Woodhouse Eaves on a farm. National Trust or something. Barbecue, log fire music and druids. Should be fun. Its near the Pear Tree where the bus drops off. Heard there is going to be a Gandalf directing the cars to the car park. Beer has been ordered. A firkin of each of ale and cider from Charnwood brewery.

A bit of a surprise to get the invite. I only know him through the Blood Bow club which I don't attend now. Think his GF must have seen my name on his FB contact list as she did all the message invites. I think this is the second ceromony as I saw the wedding announced a month ago and when I queried they said it was a different event.

Anyway should be fun and no idea how I am getting home. Last bus 6.30 and no Sunday service. I have a sleeping bag just in case. Wanted a fold up chair but the one I saw in a shop was too low for me. I have trouble getting up if on the floor. There will be some chairs or I can borrow a log.

• Like 2

Brakes seized on my lland rover this morning, had to get Green flag out to take it to the garage.  Meanwhile the Audi is booked in this afternoon for a check on its brakes which are rattling.  Nightmare.  It's like the cars have gone "WOOHOO ITS PAYDAY LETS **** HIM OVER COMPLETELY".

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Going to a hippy type wedding tomorrow. Its at Woodhouse Eaves on a farm. National Trust or something. Barbecue, log fire music and druids. Should be fun. Its near the Pear Tree where the bus drops off. Heard there is going to be a Gandalf directing the cars to the car park. Beer has been ordered. A firkin of each of ale and cider from Charnwood brewery.

A bit of a surprise to get the invite. I only know him through the Blood Bow club which I don't attend now. Think his GF must have seen my name on his FB contact list as she did all the message invites. I think this is the second ceromony as I saw the wedding announced a month ago and when I queried they said it was a different event.

Anyway should be fun and no idea how I am getting home. Last bus 6.30 and no Sunday service. I have a sleeping bag just in case. Wanted a fold up chair but the one I saw in a shop was too low for me. I have trouble getting up if on the floor. There will be some chairs or I can borrow a log.

Sounds great, Rince.

Anstey is only a shortish walk, and the buses run till late from there.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Thanx will check it out. Is there a Sunday service just in case? 

Yeah, I've used it to get to Bradgate on a Sunday.

It's the 74 if you want to find a timetable.

50 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Brakes seized on my lland rover this morning, had to get Green flag out to take it to the garage.  Meanwhile the Audi is booked in this afternoon for a check on its brakes which are rattling.  Nightmare.  It's like the cars have gone "WOOHOO ITS PAYDAY LETS **** HIM OVER COMPLETELY".

lollol

Not sure if this belongs in #firstworldproblems or #humblebrag.

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They are 8 and 9 years old respectively

I'm not surprised a man of your wealth drives an old motor Jon. I know a few rich folk who drive old bangers because they know that cars in general depreciate and aren't a good investment. I imagine your money is tied up in assets which give you a return :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Someone told me it was a fair walk

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

It's a very fair walk.

9 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

how many miles? I'm not a young man like you and Buce.

I guess it depends which way you go.

I must admit, the road walk is further than I thought - about 5 miles according to google maps - but I'd go straight through Bradgate and take the footpath to Anstey, which is half the distance. Would a taxi to Anstey break the bank? Or could you maybe get a lift there?

20 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Go have fun buddy.

20 hours ago, Rincewind said:

If you can afford to get a cab or can get a lift into Loughborough, then the SkyLink bus run all through the night back to Leicester. Costs about £3, and I think leaves from near the TA place at around 10 to the hour.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

In good news the Audi problem is just missing springs which hold the brake pads in place.  Replacing them today.

bad news the Landy needs a new parking brake unit at £600+ fitting :(

Good news, I got drunk last night, ate loads of cake and not put any weight on.  Bad news, argued with the wife and now she is grumpy about it. :(

• Like 1