Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 27/07/2018 at 18:19, Buce said:

No worries. :)

My late father had similar issues; he was fine until his early eighties, then in the space of a couple of years, my mother died and he fell and broke his hip. After that, he became voluntarily housebound (scared of falling again), stopped driving - stopped living, really - and not long after the first signs of dementia began to appear. He finally died aged 92, but essentially he died ten years earlier. It was horrible to see him fall apart like that, so I get what you're feeling. If it ever gets too much, get yourself over to the Depression Thread - it's the best thread on the forum.

Thanks Buce.

That must have been awful. Essentially, when it goes that way, there's nothing you can do and feeling helpless is all part of it.

My old man stopped living a few years back so I get exactly what you're saying. Thankfully, whilst I could still convince him, I sold his house in Coalville 5 years ago and got him in a flat a couple of miles from me so at least I can visit everyday. Otherwise, God only knows what would have happened.

I suppose I need a reminder sometimes that lots of people go through it unless there's a very sudden end. 

I do also realise I'm fortunate in many ways. Both my girlfriend and I have both parents still alive ranging from 76 to 83 years of age. Many are not that fortunate.

The replies on here, especially yours, did pick me up yesterday though. 

I won't clog this thread up anymore with this as there's probably a more appropriate thread somewhere if I need it.

Just wanted to say once more that it was appreciated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I get it too, and my heart really does go out to you. My Dad had a stroke and developed dementia, he literally changed overnight though. He turned into a person I didn't know, and it was awful. He didn't recognise me, he just told me I was beautiful, but he wasn't talking to his daughter. He regressed to the days he was a copper at the miner's strike and talked about that a lot, but he didn't remember my children, his grandchildren. It really was heartbreaking. I used to drive over to the hospital late at night and just sit with him while he was sleeping because it was easier than when he was awake. 

Sorry this has turned out to be all about me, and it's hardly cheerful for you :ph34r:I guess what I want to say is that there are many of us who understand, make the most of the time with him, and talk to us if you need to x

Thanks Deb.

Saying it is cheerful for me hearing about your situation would obviously be inappropriate and it's not but people taking the time to reply has had a lifting effect on me since I first posted yesterday. I can't even begin to appreciate how difficult your situation must have been. Whilst my Dad can have wildly swinging days because of his bipolar, he has all his faculties. I very briefly had a taste of your situation when he had a bad manic episode (to use an old term) and didn't recognise me at all for 3 days. By the end of it, I was weeping uncontrollably on the phone to get the hospital in Wells to take him in.  I just didn't know what to do. They only had room for 12 people and they were full but they actually cleared an office and put a bed in for him because of the state I was in. As always, the workers in the NHS were incredible. To have to cope with that over an extended period must have been incredibly difficult for you. You genuinely have my deepest sympathy for that, as do the others like Buce who's situation also sounded heartbreaking

I guess what I can take from all these replies is that you're never alone in these things and there's always someone who has had it a lot worse than you have. I knew that anyway but sometimes it really helps to be reminded and I've been touched by the replies, I really have.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Thanks Deb.

Saying it is cheerful for me hearing about your situation would obviously be inappropriate and it's not but people taking the time to reply has had a lifting effect on me since I first posted yesterday. I can't even begin to appreciate how difficult your situation must have been. Whilst my Dad can have wildly swinging days because of his bipolar, he has all his faculties. I very briefly had a taste of your situation when he had a bad manic episode (to use an old term) and didn't recognise me at all for 3 days. By the end of it, I was weeping uncontrollably on the phone to get the hospital in Wells to take him in.  I just didn't know what to do. They only had room for 12 people and they were full but they actually cleared an office and put a bed in for him because of the state I was in. As always, the workers in the NHS were incredible. To have to cope with that over an extended period must have been incredibly difficult for you. You genuinely have my deepest sympathy for that, as do the others like Buce who's situation also sounded heartbreaking

I guess what I can take from all these replies is that you're never alone in these things and there's always someone who has had it a lot worse than you have. I knew that anyway but sometimes it really helps to be reminded and I've been touched by the replies, I really have.

Its a real toughie mate watching someone you love falling apart and changing into a person you don't know ...   having to make big decisions and beating yourself up as to whether they were the right ones ...    it ripped me right up.  No help from my older siblings and I had to make all the big calls.  No easy answers but a lot of us have had to do it.   You're not alone ...  be strong. 

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2018 at 17:54, Max Wall said:

He's 76 going on 90 Bucey. He has his problems anyway, bi-polar being the main one and the medication completely screws his motivation so he gets zero exercise. We try but if he ain't gonna move, he ain't gonna move tbh.

Ah, it's ok mate, it's been this way for a long time now. Doesn't usually get me down, just now and again. Just saying something out loud helps sometimes. Until recently, I only ever looked at the City threads on here but there's a lot more to FT than that as I've discovered. Lots of people on here have a very sympathetic ear which really is one of the great things about social media.

Anyway, thanks for asking :thumbup: It's appreciated.

Only just catching up with this thread again. Sorry to hear that @Max Wall and I hope that things get a bit better as soon as possible.

my Dad has verbally agreed to sign the power of attorney paperwork (he has been a slight bit better the last few days) and my brother sister and me are sitting down together later today (Sunday) to sort it all out I hope. 

The whole matter is putting a bit of strain on other parts of life for us all at the moment but that said all that matters is getting things in order for dad as soon as possible

• Like 2

Errm Family meeting went ok, my sister is a grade a cvnt but apart from that it was ok and generally we had our dad’s welfare at heart (my brother “I have a spare room if dad gets that bad”, me “I also have a spare room if dad gets that bad” my sister “I wouldn’t have him, I would have my Mum but not dad” cvnt cvnt cvnt!!!!)

i popped over to see dad after the meeting and after the last 2 times I visited he seemed much brighter, he was awful this time and couldn’t string a sentence together and didn’t know the answer to anything I asked, awful to see and hear.

i managed to see him at least, my sister who lives half the distance away from dad said it was too late to visit, at 8.30 at night!!! What the actual fvck 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

The old boy is still alive.

66 next month, but scored a late equaliser in our 6-aside league game tonight. Outdoor on a 40% full side pitch, we came from 2-0 down against top of the table bunch of fast fit 18 year olds. 

Loads of you younger fans will probably be bonking tonight like it's going out of fashion, but you won't beat the feeling of putting the ball in the back in the back of the net. 

lollollol 

8 hours ago, BoyJones said:

66 next month, but scored a late equaliser in our 6-aside league game tonight. Outdoor on a 40% full side pitch, we came from 2-0 down against top of the table bunch of fast fit 18 year olds. 

Loads of you younger fans will probably be bonking tonight like it's going out of fashion, but you won't beat the feeling of putting the ball in the back in the back of the net. 

+1 for 'bonking' :thumbup:

A massively underused term these days :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Well done Jonesy ! ...    unfortunately, getting your needle getting your needle stuck is a sure sign of old age ...   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going under the knife today to repair my shoulder after dislocating it back in march. Not looking forward  to being a gimp for a few weeks but mentally i need it. Second time ive dislocated my shoulder  so its in my head now that it will pop out easily. This along with physio and working out will help me out massively.

Im right handed so its weird having to wipe with the left. Ive perfected it though as ive being using that arm/hand since i dislocated my shoulder in march. The real problem for me is not being able to rub one off. Just not the same using my left hand.  Wife better up her game.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

+1 for 'bonking' :thumbup:

A massively underused term these days :D

How do you feel about "romping"? Do you prefer bonking to romping or vice-versa? With or without Theresa May as an accomplice and a field of wheat as a stage set...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

How do you feel about "romping"? Do you prefer bonking to romping or vice-versa? With or without Theresa May as an accomplice and a field of wheat as a stage set...

The word romping always give me a vision of more than just bonking. Bonking+ if you will. On that basis, I think I prefer it.

53 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

:D

‘Romping’ to me is a bit like ‘frolicking’ in as much as it’s more flirting around rather than partaking in the act.

It would be fun romping around with TM but I’d much rather bonk her :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

:D

‘Romping’ to me is a bit like ‘frolicking’ in as much as it’s more flirting around rather than partaking in the act.

It would be fun romping around with TM but I’d much rather bonk her :D

I don't think that it's "flirting around" that The Sun means when it refers euphemistically to "romping".....more "partaking in the - or several - acts", I think? :D

Couple caught romping on packed British beach in front of ... - The Sun

8 Jul 2018 - The couple were seen romping in full view of families on holiday (stock image) ... Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us ...

Moment randy couple are caught romping on a table at the ... - The Sun

6 days ago - A RANDY couple were caught on film romping at a posh polo event. ... The 28-second clip — taken in a VIP tent during an evening disco — has gone viral. It happened at the British Beach Polo Championships on July 14 at the millionaire’s playground of Sandbanks, Dorset.

Brazen couple caught romping in barber shop in full view of ... - The Sun

2 Jul 2018 - THIS is the moment a couple were caught romping in a town centre hairdressers in full view of passersby. The brazen pair were filmed in VIP Barbers in Greenock, Scotland, by a stunned onlooker at 4.40am on Sunday while he walked home from his job in a nightclub. ... The man who filmed ...

Two carers sacked after hidden camera catches them ROMPING on ...

30 Jun 2018 - TWO carers have been sacked after romping in a disabled client's bedroom. Ann Mcghee, 54 .... for comment. thomas.brown@the-sun.co.uk ...

Shocking moment brazen couple were caught romping on a ... - The Sun

8 Jun 2018 - THIS is the shocking moment a brazen couple were caught romping on a .... Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at ...

Hilarious moment gamekeeper interrupts couple's noisy romp on his ...

1 Jul 2018 - Footage shows the hilarious moment a randy couple's romp was interrupted for a lecture ... Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team?

Love Island fan spots couple romping on grass outside ... - The Sun

23 Jul 2018 - A SHOCKED resident saw the couple romping outside as she tried to watch Love Island last night. She said: 'Megan and Wes were getting a bit ...

Woman filmed having X-rated romp on a grave 'was ... - The Sun

9 Jun 2018 - THE mum of a woman filmed having sex on a grave claims she “only has herself to blame” - and that she was cheating on her partner and
Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I thought going for a romp was going for a walk in a fielded area :S well they say you learn something new everyday, i guess. 

You're clearly a sweet, innocent young woman who has never so much as seen a "romp" story in The Sun (not that I read it myself, but I've seen "romp" headlines in passing).

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I thought going for a romp was going for a walk in a fielded area :S well they say you learn something new everyday, i guess. 

Well, an alternative definition is 'a period of rough, energetic play' so I guess it depends what you had in mind in those fields, Suzie... :P

20 hours ago, BoyJones said:

You bonking tonight Mr Jones?

is your trip to Cambridge still going ahead?