Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 13/07/2018 at 23:43, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's interesting....

I stopped drinking last October so I've been through Xmas, New Year, Easter, half term holidays and obviously the World Cup without a drink.

At first I agree with you that I thought life was boring but now I've completely changed my tune.

I don't miss the hangovers, making a twat of myself or the expense, and if anything, life is richer and more interesting now without alcohol (for me anyway)

I probably drank a lifetimes worth of booze in my 20's anyway so I've had my fill so to speak. Really can't ever see myself ever touching alcohol again...

Great job, bud. :thumbup:

Out of interest, has it affected your social life? Do you get asked out to the pub less, for example? I need to cut back (but not until after my hols, obviously!), and was thinking about knocking it on the head for a bit. You ok sitting with your mates drinking J20?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've never been allowed to. They don't like my malarial blood.

I was actually turned away, not last time but the time before, because I had a few insect bites. They took an extra sample to test this time because of it.

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I was actually turned away, not last time but the time before, because I had a few insect bites. They took an extra sample to test this time because of it.

My blood is worthless. It's 1. Malarial, 2. 50% proof and 3. AB+, it's a rare one apparently and we can only give to ourselves but receive from all of you! Plus I am a huge pussy...

21 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

My blood is worthless. It's 1. Malarial, 2. 50% proof and 3. AB+, it's a rare one apparently and we can only give to ourselves but receive from all of you! Plus I am a huge pussy...

They're legitimate reasons, at least! I'm not allowed to donate purely because of the gender of my partner...

Makes no sense to me whatsoever - they have to test all the donated blood anyway, and we both get checked regularly so there's no issues regardless... Ah well. I could just lie on the form and they'd be none-the-wiser, but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy doing that.

Strangely, I'm pretty sure I am allowed to donate bone marrow. Which reminds me, I should double-check and register...

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Xen said:

They're legitimate reasons, at least! I'm not allowed to donate purely because of the gender of my partner...

Makes no sense to me whatsoever - they have to test all the donated blood anyway, and we both get checked regularly so there's no issues regardless... Ah well. I could just lie on the form and they'd be none-the-wiser, but I can't help but feel a bit uneasy doing that.

Strangely, I'm pretty sure I am allowed to donate bone marrow. Which reminds me, I should double-check and register...

Dude, I'd take your blood... I mean i literally can take anyone's so... And I don't care who your partner is!!

On 23 July 2018 at 10:36, Jattdogg said:

Spent the weekend installing hardwood floors in my family room (about 200 sq feet). Never done it before but its not too hard at all. I have 2 rows left near a gas fireplace so the tricky bit is yet to come. I will figure it out. I do have to say that  i'd make a terrible jail biatch (and totally am an office worker) as my knees are shot even with quality knee pads.  Putting the weight on them knees all weekend takes its toll. 

Just woke up for work and if i wasnt going to be having surgery next week on my shoulder would have totally  called in sick and gone for some massage sessions with a hot thai/chinese lady (no lady boys) and got  a happy ending of course.

Did you nail it down, or glue it down?

just starting (well in the last week or so) to take my dad to doctors appointments re potential early signs of dementia. 

Its difficult but starting to mobilise my brother and sister into going through the Lasting power of attorney process

****ing shit bollocks life is at times, my dad still cycles (or did) 20 miles a day and is a really fit bloke but his mind is going 

don’t get me wrong he has had a good innings but life is cruel at times

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

just starting (well in the last week or so) to take my dad to doctors appointments re potential early signs of dementia. 

Its difficult but starting to mobilise my brother and sister into going through the Lasting power of attorney process

****ing shit bollocks life is at times, my dad still cycles (or did) 20 miles a day and is a really fit bloke but his mind is going 

sorry to hear that mate. dementia is so harsh. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Dude, I'd take your blood... I mean i literally can take anyone's so... And I don't care who your partner is!!

Woah, easy there bud. It's nice that you're enthusiastic, but how about we wait until its a medical emergency before we talk about siphoning off my blood, OK? lol:thumbup:

Edited by Xen
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Sounds tough Bob, sorry to hear that mate.

My parents are cracking on a bit too and I'm not sure how I'd cope if/when it happens to them.

I've got a few friends whose parents suffer from dementia and it's heartbreaking listening to them talk about it.

One thing they do say is how important it is to stay 'in the moment' with their parents and to just be there for them wherever they happen to be in that moment.

Stay strong for your family mate.

• Thanks 1