Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just got the agenda through for tomorrow nights local football club committee meeting.

Probably the most important item is third from the end lol

B9946DEF-63ED-45E4-BB8C-848FDA58F4D3.jpeg

Such an unfortunate nick name.

In all seriousness is there anything worse than dog crap on football pitches? Vile.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

Bit of a strange day really.

Left Leicester at 615 this morning to get to Willesden Court for 930 where my one of my lads had elected for trial against a charge of using a mobile phone whilst driving on the North Circular last March. 

However, four hours later we are still waiting for our turn in the dock.

Eventually at 230 we are called in. But at least it gives us time me to go over possible questions / replies etc. 

My lad who insists on representing himself (although I have some legal training!) confirms his original no guilty plea. So the beak looks at the procecutor., over to you.

A lady procecutior immediately requests an adjournment as they have incomplete documentation, the police witness will not be turning up, no photographic evidence available, they more or less assumed it would be a straight forward guilty plea!! 

Well the beak ain't impressed and says if Mr Jones had legal representation, they would "strenuously" insist that the prosecution request be denied!. 

Well from thinking we had no hope, maybe 6 points and £200+ fine, we suddenly got hope. Heart pumping, face going red etc. It was like watching City hanging on to a 1-0 lead with five minutes left and praying for the final whistle - we were paying for the words - Case Dismissed! 

The procecution made one more plea, but the lady beak said she was not mindful to agree to their request. Mr Jonex had been waiting five hours, had left home at 6am, justice needed to be served and that meant Case Dismiseed. 

Two main things for me:

1) Don't be browbeaten by the authorities. If you think they may have made a mistake, fight your corner!

2) if the authorities cannot get a simple traffic offence paperwork right, WTF is going on? The prosecutor actually said ithe cock up on the paperwork wasn't their fault and it was the second case that day where the documention was wrong - what an admission to make. 

Sorru about the length of the posting - had a few!!

• Like 3

Effed up. Cousin hasnt been well. In hospital for weeks now needs transplants due to alcoholism and essentially had a heart attack in the early hours of the morning and was without oxygen for 20 minutes. Now on life support and the doctors essentially said shes done for and removed her from the list. Went to see her this evening and was not a pretty site. Early 30s way too young for this crap. She has a 5 year old daughter at home and husband. Sigh.  

People, if you have a drinking problem please try your best to reach out for help (i recognize its tough to). Dont let this happen to you.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Today's it's 10 years since I joined Foxes Talk, a landmark of sorts.

Happy FT anniversary mate.

I enjoy your posts - you're measured, reasonable and polite. They do say opposites attract... 

I'm in my tenth year here as well - not really sure if I'll look back on the hours I've wasted on here as worth it but I'd have probably only been wanking that time away anyway. :cool:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Today's it's 10 years since I joined Foxes Talk, a landmark of sorts.

Oh, I know there are members of the "Inner Circle" who were there years before me, bonding warmly like nippers in Readybrek adverts, jumpers for goalposts, but 10 years completely wasted of stimulating debate deserve recognition. 

Extraordinary what's happened over those 10 years:

- 2 parents, 3 uncles, 2 aunts, best mate, French mate and marriage all gone, broke arm in half, diagnosed with heart problem, 4 cardiac arrhythmias...

- On a more positive note, daughter happy, developing well & not even slightly traumatised by marital split, I'm out of what had become an unhappy marriage, reunited with half-brother (adopted at birth), good friends still out there, arm mended, heart holding up, enjoying sobriety, still feeling lively, still up to more adventures before I conk out....Oh, and LCFC won L1, Championship & Premier League and reached CL quarters. :D

I'm hearing Elton John sing "I'm still standing" in my decaying brain, but that song's a pile of steaming shite, so there's only 1 song that will do....

"Happy birthday, Alf!"

"Why, thank you, Clare!"

Here's a thought for you, Alf:

If you've only averaged 10 mins a day in that time (a conservative estimate, perhaps?) that still equates to 25 whole days spent on here.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just received my Certificate for my CRB check. So I can now be left alone with the U16s football team im coaching alone

Dr. Evil GIF - DrEvil MikeMeyers AustinPowers GIFs

It's amazing what you can get on the Dark Web these days...

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

I'm in my tenth year here as well - not really sure if I'll look back on the hours I've wasted on here as worth it but I'd have probably only been wanking that time away anyway. :cool:

You're in your eleventh year if you joined 4th May 2008.....L1 relegation day, the same day that I resolved to get my first season ticket, just took me a while longer to find FT.

On 26/11/2018 at 22:24, Jattdogg said:

Effed up. Cousin hasnt been well. In hospital for weeks now needs transplants due to alcoholism and essentially had a heart attack in the early hours of the morning and was without oxygen for 20 minutes. Now on life support and the doctors essentially said shes done for and removed her from the list. Went to see her this evening and was not a pretty site. Early 30s way too young for this crap. She has a 5 year old daughter at home and husband. Sigh.  

People, if you have a drinking problem please try your best to reach out for help (i recognize its tough to). Dont let this happen to you.

Unfortunately she passed away tuesday night.  Gone too soon.

• Sad 4

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone else have a proper shit day at work and then realise you probably can’t retire for another 30 odd years lol **** sake.

No and maybe 25 years for me. Either way its long ways away and i hope it stays that way as getting older can suck lol

I’ve done over 13 years service here. To think I was 18 when I joined in is mad. Two kids later, marriage, career on the up, parents announced a split the day Steve Howard scores the header against Leeds, three different league titles, champions league, friends getting married and having families, generally life has been really good to me over the past 13 years for sure. Glad FoxesTalk has been a small part of it.

the Leicester!

• Like 3