Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Have I been politically incorrect, then? I certainly wasn't suggesting that all Germans were war-mongering Nazis....but the Nazis were in charge of the German nation at the time.

Would you refer to British troops taking part in WW2 or to Coalition Government troops? :whistle:

Sounds like your family has a few stories to tell....

I've no relations by the names you mention. Once knew a bloke named Myers in London and a bloke named Woodhouse, but he came from Limerick.

No mate I was joking sorry

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great day !! ...   loads of tests and scans at the hospital show that all mrs CF's new internal parts are working well !!   Can now really look forward to Christmas and our holiday early in the New Year ...    in fact I'm going to go and put my swimming trunks in the suitcase now so that I don't forget them !! ...    :)

Good news - and a blessed relief, I imagine. Enjoy the hols - and you know which garment, above all, you must not forget to pack.....

• Haha 1

Just now, Smudge said:

No mate I was joking sorry

I assumed so, hence the :whistle: in reply.

Good to get all the stories from older family members, isn't it? I asked a lot but still wish that I'd asked more while the older generation was still around.

One of my uncles is still going strong, but I've already milked him for all the tales he could tell.

• Like 1

2018 can't get in the bin soon enough.

Started off in hospital, had all the shit with my daughter being bullied, the wife's decided to quit her job and my own work isn't bringing in the money we need.

Christmas is costing a fortune then the the hot water tank packs up so £1000 for a new one. Then the fvcking shower bursts a pipe and the whole thing needs replacing. Now the oven hob's stopped working just to add to my woes. Just one thing after another after another....

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this year and I can't wait to see the back of it tbh. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Started off in hospital, had all the shit with my daughter being bullied, the wife's decided to quit her job and my own work isn't bringing in the money we need.

Christmas is costing a fortune then the the hot water tank packs up so £1000 for a new one. Then the fvcking shower bursts a pipe and the whole thing needs replacing. Now the oven hob's stopped working just to add to my woes. Just one thing after another after another....

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this year and I can't wait to see the back of it tbh. 

could be worse, you could support spurs,

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry to hear that, the only way is up.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sorry to hear that, the only way is up.

Sorry mate, just feeling a bit frustrated and sorry for myself. I find it easier to rant on here rather than take it out on the wife and kids!

I know it's only temporary and all part of life's up's and down's. Plenty of folk worse off than me so shouldn't complain really :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry mate, just feeling a bit frustrated and sorry for myself. I find it easier to rant on here rather than take it out on the wife and kids!

I know it's only temporary and all part of life's up's and down's. Plenty of folk worse off than me so shouldn't complain really :)

Much like me yesterday ha. I know how lucky I am but always wanting more is a blessing and a curse. Everyone needs to rant every now and again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thats rough. Tell the wife and kids there is no xmas seeing as you took them disney right.. :claude:

When is rains, it pours and in your case thats literal with them pipes.

If anything the only thing that truly matters is that your daughter isnt bullied or has to deal with it anymore. I really hope things have got better with regards to the bullying.

Next time the wife and kids are out get the pronhub site up and rub a few out. Its free, feels good, doesnt really cost that much (tissues? A flush?) And most importantly doesnt talk back or expect much. Heck you can last 30 seconds and it wont complain. Win win.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Proper cliche but what doesn't break you will make you stronger. Hope the financial and health pressures ease. Once all the stuff that's stopped working has been fixed it'll be brand spanking new and not trouble you for a number of years.

Your daughter will power through from the bullying to become 100x the person her bullies were, focused, determined, empathetic and learn from her own experiences to be the person you want her to be.

Plus you're the best youth team coach in the County, so I hear. Take the positives and enjoy the Christmas time you get with the family.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Proper cliche but what doesn't break you will make you stronger. Hope the financial and health pressures ease. Once all the stuff that's stopped working has been fixed it'll be brand spanking new and not trouble you for a number of years.

Your daughter will power through from the bullying to become 100x the person her bullies were, focused, determined, empathetic and learn from her own experiences to be the person you want her to be.

Plus you're the best youth team coach in the County, so I hear. Take the positives and enjoy the Christmas time you get with the family.

Bless ya mate, what a nice thing to say. Thank you :)

On 13/12/2018 at 20:49, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry to hear this Izzy. You always come across on here as a decent human.

Out of interest what's your work?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

Sorry to hear this Izzy. You always come across on here as a decent human.

Out of interest what's your work?

Thanks man :thumbup:

I work for myself as a coach and trainer but mainly on an associate basis as I’m pretty shite at sales and marketing :(

Must have had a dozen proposals this year that ultimately didn’t get the go ahead. I couldn’t close a fvckin door atm :mad:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

29 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks man :thumbup:

I work for myself as a coach and trainer but mainly on an associate basis as I’m pretty shite at sales and marketing :(

Must have had a dozen proposals this year that ultimately didn’t get the go ahead. I couldn’t close a fvckin door atm :mad:

I know you don't want to hear it, bro, but it's the Brexit effect - nobody wants to spend any money until it's sorted.

I'm in exactly the same boat - this is usually my busiest period but it's a fvcking write off this year.

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know you don't want to hear it, bro, but it's the Brexit effect - nobody wants to spend any money until it's sorted.

I'm in exactly the same boat - this is usually my busiest period but it's a fvcking write off this year.

I think that's partly to do with it mate if I'm honest. There's definitely a lot of uncertainty around and some businesses are airing on the side of caution when it comes to discretionary spending.

Saying that, some of my associates are still doing pretty well while I'm not, which suggests it's also down to my crappy selling skills :thumbdown:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think that's partly to do with it mate if I'm honest. There's definitely a lot of uncertainty around and some businesses are airing on the side of caution when it comes to discretionary spending.

Saying that, some of my associates are still doing pretty well while I'm not, which suggests it's also down to my crappy selling skills :thumbdown:

Silly thought thats just popped into my head, but how is the wife at selling? If she has quit her job she will have the time on her hands and it could benefit you both ?

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Lucky them.

The only people I know whose business is booming are drug dealers.

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

Lucky them.

The only people I know whose business is booming are drug dealers.

Drug dealers ...    business booming.

The cv of ’Suzie the Fox’  (4,4,3).

Invest.

I know you like a puzzle Bucey ...   I can’t comment any further.    :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Silly thought thats just popped into my head, but how is the wife at selling? If she has quit her job she will have the time on her hands and it could benefit you both ?

It's not a silly thought Suze and it has crossed my mind!

The thing is, my wife has no experience (or understanding) of the 'business world' and she's never had to do any sales or marketing in her life. Her background is education and the arts and she's got absolutely no interest in what I do lol She's now decided to do (yet another) degree and retrain in something else instead :rolleyes:

I just need to be more persistent and use my network better to create more opportunities. It's a numbers game really and I'm a lazy sod which doesn't help either!!

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It's not a silly thought Suze and it has crossed my mind!

The thing is, my wife has no experience (or understanding) of the 'business world' and she's never had to do any sales or marketing in her life. Her background is education and the arts and she's got absolutely no interest in what I do lol She's now decided to do (yet another) degree and retrain in something else instead :rolleyes:

I just need to be more persistent and use my network better to create more opportunities. It's a numbers game really and I'm a lazy sod which doesn't help either!!

Aww thats a real shame, if you lived closer i would offer my services since i did 14 years in sales along with a few years as an account manager and currently not working. 

Does your wife know that money is tight and packing up her job has done the opposite of helping? I mean (without being rude) why does she need another degree as im assuming she is around your (our) age? or is it something she wants so she can get a better job, which in turn will increase what comes into the house? 

17 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Aww thats a real shame, if you lived closer i would offer my services since i did 14 years in sales along with a few years as an account manager and currently not working. 

Does your wife know that money is tight and packing up her job has done the opposite of helping? I mean (without being rude) why does she need another degree as im assuming she is around your (our) age? or is it something she wants so she can get a better job, which in turn will increase what comes into the house? 

This. 

She's been a contemporary dance teacher in FE for the last 25 years but she's getting on a bit now and her body is starting to creak :P

The next logical step for her is to lecture in Uni's but she needs a PHd or something in order to do this. It'll take her a few years but ultimately it could pay well and extend her career.  In the mean time she'll hopefully do some supply work to pay the bills while studying, so we'll see how it goes.

She's no idea money is tight as I just pretend everything is fine. Even after all these years of marriage we still manage our finances separately!! 

• Like 1