Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sadly it ends up costing me to coach these lads. Time, petrol, tactics boards, bibs, cones, FA courses, etc, etc. Some muppet has to do it though I guess :rolleyes:

You laugh, but it has crossed my mind. I get some evil stares from parents when I start their kids as a sub sometimes!

I thought about that until I did the FA safeguarding course and nearly shit my pants over what you can/can't do these days!

We really do need our country back.

• Like 1

It's easy, mate. Ask them 3 quastions:

1- milk or cereal first

2- what do you think about the teletubbies being a show driven by a conspiracy to brainwash the children into blindly following the rules in return for rewards. 

3- are you vegetarian? If so, why did you do that to yourself? 

Edited by the fox
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So my tin pot, country bumpkin U10’s finally got their first win of the season today against the might of an inner city team.

I’m so proud of em I could cry :scarf:

Image result for inner city album images ?

Only jesting Izzy. Congrats, takes a certain kind of person to volunteer their time for kids football. :thumbup:

Edited by Max Wall
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So my tin pot, country bumpkin U10’s finally got their first win of the season today against the might of an inner city team.

I’m so proud of em I could cry :scarf:

Well done, you and them. I bet they're proud as punch, too, if they were used to losing every week. Great self-confidence boost.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday, our server was hit by ransomware. I've spent all day at the office while the IT guys fix it. They hadn't been backing up. They also said they'd be here at 09:00-09:30, they didn't arrive until 12:15. We've not lost too much data as most of it is on everyone's computers and we can repopulate the drive. But wtf about not backing up - I literally just talked to them about ensuring it was done.

23 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Has anyone else heard a rumour that Leicester General Hospital might close down (its on private land and apparently it could make way for housing development)?

I heard a rumour a couple years back about them stopping inpatients and it just becoming an outpatient type place but for me that’s ridiculous the size of the place is huge so it needs to be kept as a hospital.

if they did close it they’d build another acute one elsewhere in the county and let’s also be honest, both LGH and LRI are massively run down

• Like 1

On 17/11/2018 at 06:40, Wymeswold fox said:

Has anyone else heard a rumour that Leicester General Hospital might close down (its on private land and apparently it could make way for housing development)?

They should build a training complex on it.... or.... a gold course.

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Did something I've never done before - made the effort to meet one of my heroes.

The fact that it's Graham Fellows (Jilted John/John Shuttleworth) will mean nothing to most of you, but it didn't stop me being starstruck. What a nice man

After a performance or a book signing type affair? Other than Gordon is a moron, I don't remember too much about him but, if he's one of your heroes it'd be like me meeting Dylan so you must be chuffed :thumbup:. Even better if he was a nice bloke, that's not always guaranteed!

11 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

After a performance or a book signing type affair? Other than Gordon is a moron, I don't remember too much about him but, if he's one of your heroes it'd be like me meeting Dylan so you must be chuffed :thumbup:. Even better if he was a nice bloke, that's not always guaranteed!

My late brother met Dylan - he said he was every bit as cool as he’d expected him to be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

My late brother met Dylan - he said he was every bit as cool as he’d expected him to be. 

That doesn't surprise me. It's not just the music for me, he just seems to constantly play the game on his terms. I find that admiral in the extreme.

Guess it helps being a multi millionaire but I sense he's pretty much always done that.

28 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

That doesn't surprise me. It's not just the music for me, he just seems to constantly play the game on his terms. I find that admiral in the extreme.

Guess it helps being a multi millionaire but I sense he's pretty much always done that.

image.jpeg.b9d409054fa2379891e9e4a9bbe2cb61.jpeg   ?????????? :whistle:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Max Wall said:

He's spent most of his career being John Shuttleworth, a character that could easily have made him more famous than he is, if it weren't for his telly appearances being somewhat unfortunately timed in the TV schedules. He did a show at the Guildhall last night as himself, which was really good. 

He hung around afterwards so you could chat to him if you wanted.

Surreally, someone I know is going out with him and was in charge of the merchandise stall, which for some reason made meeting him a bit easier

• Like 1