Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ive been on here for about 9.5 years and closing in on 5000 posts (most of which are lame if not all, glad i can contribute though). 

Got married, bought a first house, mum died of cancer,  had 2 kids, we won the league, i masterbated many times due to this, moved to a bigger house, dislocated my shoulder then had surgery, still masterbating just fine. 

Mixed bag of treats of which the only thing i would change is if my mum could still be here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Taxi on the way ....   just a few hours from now and approximately one gallon of beer will have been tipped down my neck ......    hopefully get home in one piece later tonight ...    :beer:

I might not be posting for a bit.

You could get some flushed up your backside if it cant go down the other way.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Pretty excited to be taking my boy to his first Leicester game tomorrow. He's been banging on about it for ages but I keep making excuses (mainly down to me worrying that I might have a Crohn's flare up - not ideal if stuck on the M1 North!)

At least I managed to blag corporate hospitality for us both so the standard of bogs will hopefully be better than the family stand :D

I haven't told him we're going yet so can't wait to see his face when we drive up after his U10's game in the morning. I remember the first Leicester game my Dad took me to in 1982. I was the same age (9) and we drew 2-2 with Newcastle. Not expecting a goal fest tomorrow mind :rolleyes:

Image result for prawn sandwich

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Pretty excited to be taking my boy to his first Leicester game tomorrow. He's been banging on about it for ages but I keep making excuses (mainly down to me worrying that I might have a Crohn's flare up - not ideal if stuck on the M1 North!)

At least I managed to blag corporate hospitality for us both so the standard of bogs will hopefully be better than the family stand :D

I haven't told him we're going yet so can't wait to see his face when we drive up after his U10's game in the morning. I remember the first Leicester game my Dad took me to in 1982. I was the same age (9) and we drew 2-2 with Newcastle. Not expecting a goal fest tomorrow mind :rolleyes:

Nice one. I still remember my first game when I was around that age (a 1-1 draw with Port Vale). The first sight of the pitch is the thing that sticks with me. Hope you enjoy it, and hope he goes to many more. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Hope he enjoys it. I always struggle to remember my first match although it was right at the end of the 88/89 season. My dad and older sister always argue about exactly which one it was.

As sad as it sounds when I started taking my now 7 year old I created a spreadsheet and log every match and result for him to look back on when he's older. Tomorrow will be his 60th match.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Enjoy mate. I think my first game was in 91 when I was 5, We beat Notts County 2-1 but I remember nothing from the game.

Fingers crossed something clicks tomorrow and we put in a decent performance for the full 90 minutes but if we don’t at least your lad won’t want to go back.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm not fishing for a rep Izzy so don't give me one. Just wanted to say good luck for today. Big moment in a lads life, even bigger for his father :thumbup:

Hope it all goes well and they give him at least one moment to cherish in the match. Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I'm not fishing for a rep Izzy so don't give me one. Just wanted to say good luck for today. Big moment in a lads life, even bigger for his father :thumbup:

Hope it all goes well and they give him at least one moment to cherish in the match. Fingers crossed for you.

Maddison has. Tough luck Izzy, looks like yer wallet's gonna be open every two weeks now lol Bet your lad nearly wet himself at that 2nd goal, brilliant moment for him to witness live.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mate, if Carlsberg did football days...

First of all my Under 10's got their first away win of the season and their first clean sheet. Unbeaten in 3 now after losing their first 7 in a row. So proud of how they've turned it around.

Then drove up the M1 and when we got off at Fosse Park my lad twigged what was going on and what the surprise was. We parked up off Saffron Lane and when we got out the car he burst into tears of happiness. I welled up too and it was just a beautiful moment. We got to the ground early and had a look around the fan store and bought him a scarf then met an old colleague who treated us to the hospitality.

Met Walshie and had a photo with him and my lad and then had a lovely meal in the Gallery restaurant. Great seats to watch the game and a perfect view of Vardy's pen. Then when Maddison weaved his magic we all went nuts and my lad had the biggest smile on his face I've ever seen.

Then to top it all off we bumped into Gazza coming out of the toilets lol. I was too taken aback with how ill he looked to ask for a photo but he was good as gold and very accommodating to anyone that asked.

Just got back home and reflecting that being a Dad is mainly hard work and a pain in the arse, but today I'm very grateful and feel very blessed.

Wow. That just sounds fantastic. People often get what they deserve in life Izzy so you've done your fair share of good deeds for it to work out like that for you today. 

Pleased for you and your lad :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mate, if Carlsberg did football days...

First of all my Under 10's got their first away win of the season and their first clean sheet. Unbeaten in 3 now after losing their first 7 in a row. So proud of how they've turned it around.

Then drove up the M1 and when we got off at Fosse Park my lad twigged what was going on and what the surprise was. We parked up off Saffron Lane and when we got out the car he burst into tears of happiness. I welled up too and it was just a beautiful moment. We got to the ground early and had a look around the fan store and bought him a scarf then met an old colleague who treated us to the hospitality.

Met Walshie and had a photo with him and my lad and then had a lovely meal in the Gallery restaurant. Great seats to watch the game and a perfect view of Vardy's pen. Then when Maddison weaved his magic we all went nuts and my lad had the biggest smile on his face I've ever seen.

Then to top it all off we bumped into Gazza coming out of the toilets lol. I was too taken aback with how ill he looked to ask for a photo but he was good as gold and very accommodating to anyone that asked.

Just got back home and reflecting that being a Dad is mainly hard work and a pain in the arse, but today I'm very grateful and feel very blessed.

I'd give it until this morning before you hear 'Dad, can we go again next week?'

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Got a funeral on Wednesday for an Uncle who lost his battle against cancer.

Alan Birchenall will be in attendance.

Tomorrow will drag thinking about the event.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope it goes as well as can be expected

3 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sorry to hear that, Wymeswold. Pretty inevitable that there'll be some sad or tense anticipation of such an event. Maybe keep busy with other stuff and/or think a bit about him rather than the event.

I've found chatting to family/friends after a funeral (if there's a reception or whatever) quite therapeutic - sharing positive memories of the deceased or just general chat. Different people can react differently, though. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Snap. Same day same terrible illness.  Although in my case it’s a relative who’s much younger than me.   Don’t think about it Wymes ..  and remember it’s a celebration of their life as well as a funeral.  Must admit though I’ll be glad when it’s Thursday.

• Thanks 1