Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just a quick thank you to everybody’s responses and reactions to my previous post. I really do appreciate it. As I also really appreciate this forum in times like this, it really is the best football forum I have ever come across and this place is absolutely chocka blok full of kind hearts. 

I know its a part of life and life does indeed go on, but an enormous part of my life has now gone. 

Thanks all xxx

• Like 4

I've done something bad to my shoulder ligaments and it's very hard not to feel very sorry for myself. I have to say I feel for those who suffer chronic pain on a long term basis - four days in (of only occasional agony) and I'm totally sick of it.

I'm especially down about it as I've just tried to get a pint and my shoulder went into spasm which made me drop the glass on the floor and smash it.  Don't worry, very little actual beer was spilled

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've done something bad to my shoulder ligaments and it's very hard not to feel very sorry for myself. I have to say I feel for those who suffer chronic pain on a long term basis - four days in (of only occasional agony) and I'm totally sick of it.

I'm especially down about it as I've just tried to get a pint and my shoulder went into spasm which made me drop the glass on the floor and smash it.  Don't worry, very little actual beer was spilled

Dislocated my shoulder in march. Had surgery to repair it in july. Still  recovering, its a bitch but getting better. Is surgery an option?

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Dislocated my shoulder in march. Had surgery to repair it in july. Still  recovering, its a bitch but getting better. Is surgery an option?

If you've had surgery on that it's less likely to happen again, isn't it? Fingers crossed for you.

Mine is actually a bit better today - I was cursing the physio yesterday after he said I just needed to get it moving but it seems he was right. Beginning to think the injury isn't that serious, but the pain has been something else, so I was being a bit overprotective of it

33 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you've had surgery on that it's less likely to happen again, isn't it? Fingers crossed for you.

Mine is actually a bit better today - I was cursing the physio yesterday after he said I just needed to get it moving but it seems he was right. Beginning to think the injury isn't that serious, but the pain has been something else, so I was being a bit overprotective of it

It's amazing how quickly muscles can start seizing up through lack of use.

About 7 years ago, I fell downstairs (sober) and snapped my humerus in half. My arm was in a cast and sling for a few weeks, then just a cast for a few more, but healed almost perfectly within a couple of months.

By far the longest lasting issue was my shoulder muscles seizing up due to lack of use while immobilised. It took months of physio-prescribed exercises to get them back to 95% of what they were.

You're right, too, that pain can have unexpected sources. During that same broken arm episode, I ended up with sporadic pain in a thigh muscle, with no identifiable cause. The medics reckoned it was probably caused by stress on the nerve in my hip from having to sleep sitting up due to the arm injury - even though the pain manifested in the thigh. As they predicted, the pain disappeared soon after I started being able to lie down again.

Funny things, bodies, but where would we be without them?

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Well once you dislocate a shoulder you are more susceptible to it happening again. The surgery will definitely help though and provided i dont do anything stupid (too much wankin) then i should be good to go with rehab and working out.

No pain, no gain when it comes to physio  thats for sure. My physio pushes me and it hurts at times but gotta deal with it. The hardest part for me is the psychological aspect of it. Worried it will pop out when shes manipulating my arm. 

On 01/11/2018 at 20:24, DanNDH88 said:

Recieved some random orange vest from some bloke in Bulgaria.. wtf!? Never ordered anything from there and I can’t find the guy in any emails or shopping accounts.

I’ve received another one of these packages with the same thing again, so weird. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

15 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

I’ve received another one of these packages with the same thing again, so weird. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

It's a new ploy by those pesky eastern Europeans to burgle houses. If you're not in to receive the package, he gets a text to say the house is empty and sends his mates round. #SpeedUpBrexit

27 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Someone told me someone might have bought my data online and use my name and address to generate fake purchases and reviews online - doubt it tbh

I make jokes, but this has just literally this minute turned up at my door addressed to me from Amazon. I didn't order it nor has any money been taken for it (retails at 70 quid!) Also I have no kids to give it to.

20181108_144413.jpg

39 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I make jokes, but this has just literally this minute turned up at my door addressed to me from Amazon. I didn't order it nor has any money been taken for it (retails at 70 quid!) Also I have no kids to give it to.

20181108_144413.jpg

Wtf!! Well I read that if an unsolicited parcel arrives you have the right to keep it so...

4 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Someone told me someone might have bought my data online and use my name and address to generate fake purchases and reviews online - doubt it tbh

This is an actual thing that happens

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshepard/2017/11/27/americans-are-receiving-unordered-parcels-from-chinese-e-criminals-and-cant-do-anything-about-it/#4f361a2d73da

5 hours ago, Kopic said:

20181108_144413.jpg

I had about four hundred sticky labels turn up from Amazon a few months ago, sold through their German site. Never had anything taken out, never appeared on any orders. They were the best part of twenty quid, very strange.

On 06/11/2018 at 12:14, Jattdogg said:

Well once you dislocate a shoulder you are more susceptible to it happening again. The surgery will definitely help though and provided i dont do anything stupid (too much wankin) then i should be good to go with rehab and working out.

No pain, no gain when it comes to physio  thats for sure. My physio pushes me and it hurts at times but gotta deal with it. The hardest part for me is the psychological aspect of it. Worried it will pop out when shes manipulating my arm. 

Don’t I know it.First time I did it,it kept popping out and going back in.Ligament damage was horrendous.

2nd time was 10 years later skiing.Pain as you well know is not pleasant at all,but I was so lucky that I did it a few minutes from the village doctors,That Do hundreds a season and it was put straight back in,oh that relief when it pops back.Im really careful these days and have called it a day on Skiing ( I was shite anyway tbh)

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Don’t I know it.First time I did it,it kept popping out and going back in.Ligament damage was horrendous.

2nd time was 10 years later skiing.Pain as you well know is not pleasant at all,but I was so lucky that I did it a few minutes from the village doctors,That Do hundreds a season and it was put straight back in,oh that relief when it pops back.Im really careful these days and have called it a day on Skiing ( I was shite anyway tbh)

Mine hurt badly. They put me to sleep to put it back in it was that painful. Couldnt move my arm for weeks. Think some have sockets thay can handle dislocations easier?i dunno. Im not one to complain about pain much. Ah well hope it never happens again. 

I’ve had one of the shittest days ive had in a very long time today.

Barely slept because my epileptic dog has had a couple of seizures. A meeting I had at work basically ended up in the most unprofessional strop I’ve ever witnessed over the most incredibly petty thing I’ve seen and I’ve evidently pissed this person off by taking my bosses side. I had a short meeting with one of my team that ended up with them in tears. Then my other half hasn’t been too well for a while and I get a message today which points out that all of the symptoms appear to suggest MS.

I know looking at the symptoms individually they can suggest a wide variety of other unrelated illnesses but I’m no worries sick.

• Sad 5

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

My U10’s team just got battered 5-0 by the MK Dons U10’ girls team. Got taught a footballing lesson by a load of girls. Embarrassing :mellow:

? Sacked in the morning... ? lol

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 1