Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

Milan: Tell me why you sang for Allen

Singing One Martin Allen is pointless, he's not coming back!

He was a top manager in my opinon but at the end of the day MM has the final say, not us. voice your fustrations if you want, but at the end of the day were they're to get behind our team, and our players, and the ginger one leading them, weather we're doing good or bad.

Megson has had 2 League games in charge, and less than 2 weeks, with none of his own signings in. Give the guy a break.

The singing of Martin Allen's name is just a response to events. It might as well be a chant of "What the ****ing hell is going on?" Nobody thinks Allen is above the club but the chanting should be seen for what it is, a response of complete bewilderment and lack of understanding as to why the manager, after demolishing the league leaders, has been sacked just a few weeks in to be replaced by Gary Megson who did so spectacularly poorly at Forest.

The singing of Martin Allen's name is just a response to events. It might as well be a chant of "What the ****ing hell is going on?" Nobody thinks Allen is above the club but the chanting should be seen for what it is, a response of complete bewilderment and lack of understanding as to why the manager, after demolishing the league leaders, has been sacked just a few weeks in to be replaced by Gary Megson who did so spectacularly poorly at Forest.

Good post, thats exactly the reason i sang at Forest. One week you rip A main promotion contender to shreds, then 3 weeks later with a new boss you are pretty much outplayed by a crap Forest side.

So they don't get labelled morons like some people on here label the vast majority.

I'll own up i sang it i was frustrated at the lack of effort and desire the team didn't look like the one Martin Allen sent out against Watford though it was made up of 10/11 players that started on that day.

Gary Megson was an uninspiring choice, Milans gunna have to deal with the fact that people didn't like him sacking Allen for this Boon and he's gunna have to take the flak when we are playing shit because people will voice thier opinion.

The only people labelling people morons are the "Walkers" of the forum. You'd have to understand the frustration on the pitch. Most people sang it in my block, so i'd stab at 1500.

Milan has changed the club, we're stable financially. But the tripe on the field hasn't changed. It's exactly like Leveinball.

If i wanted to support the club and its finances, I'd follow the stock market's, but i don't and what matters to me is the league table.

Anyone else here the pointless chants for Jose Morhinio just now on the telly - he's not going back to Chelsea... he's coming to us to make MDV the new DD :S !!!

Ooooooh! Leicester got a name check in this game in the 18th minute - What's his name (not Andy Gray) highlighted that Rooooogers bloke on the bench who 'was narrowly pipped to the leicester job by Gary Megson!'

Milan will be pleased!

Does anyone know what format this meeting with Milan is going to take?

He says he wants to meet with fans to see why they sang for Martin Allen. I can understand this but members on hear seem to want to turn this into a general Q & A session about why MA left, the appointment of Megson and the performance of the team. But is this on the cards from MM's point of view? Can he even talk about the MA situation? My understanding is that there is a gagging clause in the contract so what can MM really tell the fans? Not a lot I would have thought unless he wants to break the contract, all he can say is trust me I have the best interests of the club at heart.

Does anyone know what can be discussed - otherwise it could be a fairly short meeting and pretty pointless too!!!

He says he wants to meet with fans to see why they sang for Martin Allen. I can understand this but members on hear seem to want to turn this into a general Q & A session about why MA left, the appointment of Megson and the performance of the team. But is this on the cards from MM's point of view? Can he even talk about the MA situation? My understanding is that there is a gagging clause in the contract so what can MM really tell the fans? Not a lot I would have thought unless he wants to break the contract, all he can say is trust me I have the best interests of the club at heart.

Does anyone know what can be discussed - otherwise it could be a fairly short meeting and pretty pointless too!!!

Won't be pointless,we have to take our ST's and MM will be taking some matches! :cry:

he's going to invite you all in, give you a free drink maybe a few nibbles take your name and address and then BAN you from the Walkers!!! :D

expect your letters to be sent first class post on Friday morning!! :)

Sorry to be bringing up another topic ref this guy but we really do need to get over him :@

Ok, he showed some passion and i did like the way he kept us up-to-date with events on the website.

However the way he was treating the players was a disgrace and he lost the changing room big time. Yes we could have kept Martin but this would have meant losing several of our better players.

Some of the ideas he tried may be good enough for a conference, lower league team but i question for a team looking for promotion to the Premiership. Do you really think better players would have signed on the dotted line with some of the stories coming out of the club? No chance.

As for his transfers of Kishishev, cort, newton, hayes, hellings, nielsen, are these players really good enough for where we want to be?

Now i was a little shocked/disappointed when Megson was appointed but i am more than willing to give this guy some time. He has inherited a very average squad, players he has probably really wants to get rid. He will have his own ideas and we should at least give him time to test them out. If things clearly aren't working Milan will soon step in anyway.

The supporters singing Martins name on Saturday were an embarrassment........we should ALL be getting behind Megson and the team.

Sorry to be bringing up another topic ref this guy but we really do need to get over him :@

Ok, he showed some passion and i did like the way he kept us up-to-date with events on the website.

However the way he was treating the players was a disgrace and he lost the changing room big time. Yes we could have kept Martin but this would have meant losing several of our better players.

Some of the ideas he tried may be good enough for a conference, lower league team but i question for a team looking for promotion to the Premiership. Do you really think better players would have signed on the dotted line with some of the stories coming out of the club? No chance.

As for his transfers of Kishishev, cort, newton, hayes, hellings, nielsen, are these players really good enough for where we want to be?

Now i was a little shocked/disappointed when Megson was appointed but i am more than willing to give this guy some time. He has inherited a very average squad, players he has probably really wants to get rid. He will have his own ideas and we should at least give him time to test them out. If things clearly aren't working Milan will soon step in anyway.

The supporters singing Martins name on Saturday were an embarrassment........we should ALL be getting behind Megson and the team.

There's only one Martin Allen :chant:

One Martin Allen :chant:

There's only one Martin Allen :chant:

We pay to go football.

We have had absolute shite for 7 years apart from the promotion season.

I will sing whatever the fook i want.

those players are a prime example of players that were NOT signed by Martin Allen!!

as for Hellings and Nielsen they were the reason that sporting director bloke got sacked

What rumours from the club have you heard then?

Pansies thel ot of 'em, did he make them do some hard work? Did he say something to hurt their feelings? Fair play to the bloke.

What rumours from the club have you heard then?

Pansies thel ot of 'em, did he make them do some hard work? Did he say something to hurt their feelings? Fair play to the bloke.

Not rumours, i spoke to 3 players about the situation, 2 of which played against Charlton. They said there was a big cheer between the players at the training ground when the announcement was made when Martin was leaving.

Not rumours, i spoke to 3 players about the situation, 2 of which played against Charlton. They said there was a big cheer between the players at the training ground when the announcement was made when Martin was leaving.

Ok Mr. Man in the know, back it up. Why. :rolleyes:

The guy was treating them like shit. Like school kids as they put it. Milan was fed up of the little games/tests he was playing and wants the club to be more professionally run.

all the more reason then why they would want to play their socks off for a new guy - but are they??? Are they bollocks.

The guy was treating them like shit. Like school kids as they put it. Milan was fed up of the little games/tests he was playing and wants the club to be more professionally run.

Professionally run?

We've gone back to the same shite as last year.

No effort no commitment bar 1 player as usual.

Professionals do thier job professionally not lumber about for 90 minutes taking the f**kin piss.

No i wasnt there and i know we were shit yesterday, im talking about Allens sacking, Megson getting the job, The signing of Cort, You name it weve moaned about it.

A lot of people on here complained when we appointed Allen too, in fact whatever decision Milan makes someone on here moans about it.

Weve been shit for at least the last 4 seasons do you expect us to be winning the league easily now?

Im just saying as a group of supporters we need to be more patient.

Of course on your never going please everyone that is almost impossible, however on a whole and the majority are not happy with 1 or 2 or maybe more major decision Milan has made that are as it stand and is obvious to see bad decisions.

If they we're decision's we didn't agree with but they worked in favour you might not have all these threads, arguements, chanting but sadly in Milan case the fans are right.

As it stands the fans are right, Of course we need to give Megson time hopefully it will turn out good, but a question I want answering is if the players really disliked playing for Allen so much how come he got them playing fairly well (almost tempted to say very well) but in Megson's 3(2) games and the caretaker's 1(2) games they played so poor?

I saw 3 of Allen's 5 games and we played the best we have played in 4 maybe more years (I know thats no much to base it on, because we have been shocking for 4+ years) but I was the happiest I had been supporting Leicester for years, I have seen 2 of the Caretaker/Megson's management and we have played poor to say the least and what i've heard on the radio hasn't been much better either.

Archived