Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Rothley 10k done tonight. Anyone else do it? I'm gonna work towards Leicester half in October

Yes I did that last night, I swear that hill at the start gets steeper every year, or maybe it's my age getting to me,

I have the Prestwold 10k later this month aswell, never done that before,

then I'm going for the Leicester marathon again this year, I did it last year but had a total mental meltdown at the hobby horse in syston, got back up and slowly walked/jogged to the Finish line but determind to have a better race this time round!!

Yes I did that last night, I swear that hill at the start gets steeper every year, or maybe it's my age getting to me,

I have the Prestwold 10k later this month aswell, never done that before,

then I'm going for the Leicester marathon again this year, I did it last year but had a total mental meltdown at the hobby horse in syston, got back up and slowly walked/jogged to the Finish line but determind to have a better race this time round!!

Templar way is nuts but I find Garland more difficult. The second hill horseshoe shaped road. Just hate that one! I'll look at the priestwold 10k

Edit : can't attend prestwold it's my lads 1st birthday party :jellyandicecream:

Rothley 10k done tonight. Anyone else do it? I'm gonna work towards Leicester half in October

I'm trying for Leicester half but I've knackered my knee up training. Nothing permanent though, so hopefully won't really set me back.

I've not run until recently for over a decade and I've found it a lot harder than I thought. All them beers and ciggies have battered me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been going to the gym for the last 3 months religiously. 

I've gone from being unable to run for 5 minutes, to yesterday I ran a 10k without stopping once. It took me less than an hour. I was quite proud. 

-3 stone aswell! 

20 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

I've been going to the gym for the last 3 months religiously. 

I've gone from being unable to run for 5 minutes, to yesterday I ran a 10k without stopping once. It took me less than an hour. I was quite proud. 

-3 stone aswell! 

Nice one mate well done, Was looking for a fitness thread the other day and I was quite shocked that a bunch of people sitting on the internet weren't talking about getting fit lol.

This year i have been going to the gym loads but it's tailed off a bit in recent week, still going 3 times a week. Feel loads better for it, lost a stone and a half since the start of the year. Need to get back to going 5 times a week as was starting to get pretty muscly but have gone backwards a bit.

On 10/1/2015 at 17:47, General Smuts said:

Thankfully I got my 'You didn't get in the London Marathon ballot' magazine yesterday. I'm still broken from this years!

Anyone (un)lucky enough to have gotten in?

Had my rejection by email. That's 7 years in a row now.

Can't believe you are going to do it for charity again. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice one mate well done, Was looking for a fitness thread the other day and I was quite shocked that a bunch of people sitting on the internet weren't talking about getting fit lol.

This year i have been going to the gym loads but it's tailed off a bit in recent week, still going 3 times a week. Feel loads better for it, lost a stone and a half since the start of the year. Need to get back to going 5 times a week as was starting to get pretty muscly but have gone backwards a bit.

Thanks man! Well done too man!

Yeah I feel loads better for it too! I've just been hammering cardio every time I go. I go at least 5 times a week, it was 6 days a week but I've been plagued by blisters for the last few weeks. lol 

Infact I've had to take a few days off the gym due to these super blisters. I brought some running shoes and they've just ripped my feet to bits. The problem with me was I'd just finished uni, and I had such a bad cycle of, going out getting bladdered, having a takeaway, feeling crap the next day, then eating even more rubbish. Like the drastic change from that to running 9-10k a day has done me wonders! 

I must like such a loser at my gym though, everyone works out in proper gear, there I am in black t shirts sweating my chebs off. 

2 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Thanks man! Well done too man!

Yeah I feel loads better for it too! I've just been hammering cardio every time I go. I go at least 5 times a week, it was 6 days a week but I've been plagued by blisters for the last few weeks. lol 

Infact I've had to take a few days off the gym due to these super blisters. I brought some running shoes and they've just ripped my feet to bits. The problem with me was I'd just finished uni, and I had such a bad cycle of, going out getting bladdered, having a takeaway, feeling crap the next day, then eating even more rubbish. Like the drastic change from that to running 9-10k a day has done me wonders! 

I must like such a loser at my gym though, everyone works out in proper gear, there I am in black t shirts sweating my chebs off. 

Which gym do you go to? Makes me laugh when people dress up for the gym to be fair.

I should do more cardio, probably go for a run tomorrow.

• 6 months later...

The only day of the year I make myself a promise to get fit and claim to everybody around me that "Im gonna run this next year" 

I fully expect the camera to pick out this man at some point......every year!!

marathon.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just signed up for rothley 10k again which is on Tuesday. Same route as last year so hoping to beat my time of 1:03. My pb on this route is 55 mins which I got the year before last. Just really struggled last year. Hoping for an hour this time out

Me and my wife are doing the great north run this year, did it in 2012 and just started running again.

Up to 10k at the moment, times are a bit slow at the moment but more interested in getting the fitness levels up again. I think the 14 mile bike ride to work and back has helped keep me at a reasonable level but I need to shift a bit of weight before september.

Guest Mee-9

Started back up at the gym like 3 weeks ago, I'd let myself go a bit the last few months.

Feel amazing since starting, lost a fair bit too. Cut my diet back completely.

So surprised I've found my motivation back, also been drinking Lemon and hot water. Sounds daft and not the most manly thing, but it perks you up a bit!

21 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Started back up at the gym like 3 weeks ago, I'd let myself go a bit the last few months.

Feel amazing since starting, lost a fair bit too. Cut my diet back completely.

So surprised I've found my motivation back, also been drinking Lemon and hot water. Sounds daft and not the most manly thing, but it perks you up a bit!

Well done.

Cutting your diet back certainly helps,  I felt like I had a lot more energy instead of feeling sluggish.

I stopped drinking alcohol New Year's Eve, and said I will do 2/3half Marathons and get back into shape.

I ran the Liverpool half marathon in 2hrs 20 mins at the start of April, and it felt great, also raising £1050 for a premature baby charity in Leicester, 

Since then I haven't motivated myself, still no alcohol but eating the things I restricted myself before hand has slowly crept in having originally gone from 13st 2 to 12 stone.

Im signing up for the Manchester Half Marathon at the end of the month to give me the kick up the ass, so I don't let the hard work go to waste.

Keep up the good work!! 

• 2 months later...

Great North Run next weekend. @joachim1965 how are you getting on??

I've been training quite a lot - I did the full distance twice a couple months back but have been doing between 6/10 and doing shorter, quicker runs recently.

Did the York 10K in just over 47 minutes a few weeks back but since beat that time. Aiming for 1.40 for the GNR.

Anyone else taking part?

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Great North Run next weekend. @joachim1965 how are you getting on??

I've been training quite a lot - I did the full distance twice a couple months back but have been doing between 6/10 and doing shorter, quicker runs recently.

Did the York 10K in just over 47 minutes a few weeks back but since beat that time. Aiming for 1.40 for the GNR.

Anyone else taking part?

Hi mate, not really done enough training if I am honest, work  makes it really difficult to get out and run in the evening. When we have been out we have been doing 8 miles regularly. Not aiming for any times really, just looking to get round. Did it in 2011 and it was hard but am looking forward to it.

Archived