Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Likewise, when there's a pitch invader. They just show you replays of shit highlights that you don't care about.

I definitely want to see an overweight man ducking and diving to evade capture.

Oh yes this, it's even better when it's somebody relatively fit as overweight, fifty something stewards put in about 30% trying to chase them and eventually the hunting pack is about ten strong 

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Oh yes this, it's even better when it's somebody relatively fit as overweight, fifty something stewards put in about 30% trying to chase them and eventually the hunting pack is about ten strong 

I live to see a massive steward full on dive to catch someone but miss.

Hate it when Sky Sports deprives me of that.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Likewise, when there's a pitch invader. They just show you replays of shit highlights that you don't care about.

I definitely want to see an overweight man ducking and diving to evade capture.

There's genuinely been some classics. The halcyon days.

Shame they no longer show them.

Just now, Stadt said:

The veneration of Wetherspoons by (mostly) students. Yeah they're mostly decent, cheap and have a good beer selection but there's so much more to pub culture than chain pubs that almost all look the same

Absolutely, if you're wealthy enough.

Students can't afford to be spending 4 quid + per pint.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely, if you're wealthy enough.

Students can't afford to be spending 4 quid + per pint.

In Sheffield at least (Leicester, too) there's plenty of pubs where you can spend less £4 and enjoy a traditional pub. Ale is cheap everywhere but don't drink it and I can probably see it slowly dying out eventually :(

59 minutes ago, Stadt said:

In Sheffield at least (Leicester, too) there's plenty of pubs where you can spend less £4 and enjoy a traditional pub. Ale is cheap everywhere but don't drink it and I can probably see it slowly dying out eventually :(

The Sheffield pub scene is top drawer, one of the best in the country in my mind. Seems to be a new place opening in Kelham Island every week at the moment. Great for ales, bad for your gut.

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

The Sheffield pub scene is top drawer, one of the best in the country in my mind. Seems to be a new place opening in Kelham Island every week at the moment. Great for ales, bad for your gut.

Lived in KI last year and I missed a lot of the new places opening up unfortunately, Kelham Island tavern, the Riverside, the Wellington, the Ship Inn and the Shakespeare are all superb joints. The city centre is probably the worst place for good pubs, Hillsbrough, Crookes and Eccy road are all better.

On 06/12/2018 at 18:20, Stadt said:

Similarly, “nobody wants to see scenes like this” when there’s aggro. I only watch football in the hope of disgusting tackles and brawls, good goals are alright but you’ve seen loads of them before 

You're watching the wrong sport. Try ice hockey or either rugby. 

Or Aussie Rules for that matter. 

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

The veneration of Wetherspoons by (mostly) students. Yeah they're mostly decent, cheap and have a good beer selection but there's so much more to pub culture than chain pubs that almost all look the same

It's amazing how they manage to make them all look bland and depressing when they get interesting buildings - e.g. the old one in Bradford used to be a Victorian bathhouse, one in Lincoln used to be a cinema - you've got different architecture to play with but it all still looks the same

Over aggressive coaches for kids football teams.

The opposition coach this morning was the loudest, rudest, most intimidating one I’ve seen this season. 

Bollocking 9 year olds for playing like ‘fairies and netballers’ - what a cvnt.

You could tell the boys were scared of him and scared to make a mistake. I probably should have had a word but he was so wound up because we beat them.

Idiot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Similarly, grumpy experienced sportsmen and women who do all they can to obstruct entry to ‘their’ sport by kids and adults alike as new entrants. Your sport will die !

Sounds like somebody was blackballed by the bowls club...

10 minutes ago, Buce said:

When you click on a headline on BBC Football, ‘England paired with Scotland in World Cup’ and it turns out it’s the Women’s team. 

Does anybody care, really?

They've opened the article for comments, most of which will be people saying they don't care.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1