Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

34 minutes ago, Buce said:

It’s a fiddle, Deb. 

World’s smallest violin...

41 minutes ago, Beliall said:

go and watch reservoir dogs

its the worlds smallest violin, playing just for you

How do you people remember these things? I struggle to remember what I watched last night! 

It's annoying when people are walking slowly but doubly annoying when it’s some massive fat c unts. A family of three Andy Reid types were ambling along and then stopped at a ctossing which was on green ffs

You know office kitchens? 

You know there tends to not be an awful lot of space considering how many people need to use them? 

You know those people who stand around nattering, talking crap whilst blocking access to the fridge, the drawers or the drinks facilities without any awareness of their surroundings? 

EITHER GO TO A MEETING ROOM OR GO INTO THE NEAREST BIN.

• Like 2

On 04/12/2018 at 18:25, Stadt said:

It's annoying when people are walking slowly but doubly annoying when it’s some massive fat c unts. 

I'm a slow walker. I'll stand aside when I sense someone behind wants to barrel over/through me. I'm not fat though. Not yet anyway. Life in the slow lane, I'll get there.

8 minutes ago, MattP said:

The apologies commentators give for bad language at live sporting events.

It actually draws my attention to it as I'm otherwise immune.

Further, I have to admit (in my lack of understanding mode) that I don't get that there are people who are upset by swearing yet still go to/watch football matches. I'm not saying the 2 go hand-in-hand but you ought expect the language to be somewhat fruity. Football's a place where emotions run high. I'm sure even the most well spoken person might be prone to a '**** me ref' pronouncement from time to time.   

What grinds my gears today is this constant drizzle.

Snooker on the BBC

I like playing snooker & I'm a reasonable player......largely down to the fact that, like most professional snooker players, I was down the snooker hall when I should have been in school.

I like the occasional frame with a mate, but I can't stand watching it.  The BBC can't or won't pay to show popular sports, so we're left with endless hours of anaemic thirtysomethings in waist coats.

As if the snooker itself isn't bad enough.  We have Hazel Irvine, Steve Davis, Hendry, that fat rosy faced one, that ginger Irish bloke & other boring twats over analysing what is essentially balls bouncing into one another.

You can jazz it up as much as you like, play loud music & even show fvcking replays of a ball going down a pocket......it is dogshit

4 hours ago, MattP said:

The apologies commentators give for bad language at live sporting events.

No one cares who is watching.

I enjoy it because I'm now waiting after hearing it for them to apologise through being told by a producer or whoever.

Whenever Leeds are on (most weeks), just wait until the sound suddenly drops as SKY TV IS FVCKING SHIT is blared out.

• Like 1

Similarly, “nobody wants to see scenes like this” when there’s aggro. I only watch football in the hope of disgusting tackles and brawls, good goals are alright but you’ve seen loads of them before 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Max Wall said:

Americans?

Hotly followed by a screen door shutting on your ankles as you enter.

People in this country... there are decent logical reasons for having it that way, rather than inwards. But it just looks wrong and nobody expects it so you just hit people with the door lol

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

People in this country... there are decent logical reasons for having it that way, rather than inwards. But it just looks wrong and nobody expects it so you just hit people with the door lol

Every time I visit my brother in New York my ankles look like I've been marked by Ron Harris for 90 minutes. Not sure why they have to slam on you.

The tension in screen doors is similar to the tension in a room containing Jeremy Corbyn and Benjamin Netanyahu. What's the need for it.

Back to your original point. Yeah, it is odd, whichever country it's in.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Americans?

Hotly followed by a screen door shutting on your ankles as you enter.

Would have ruined Bruce Springsteen's lyrics for "Thunder Road" if things had been different:

"The screen door slams, Mary's dress sways,

like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays,

Roy Orbison singing for the lonely,

Hey, that's me and I want you only"

"The Yale lock clicks conveniently shut in a controlled manner from the interior, Mary's dress sways..."

Nah! That's no good! :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Would have ruined Bruce Springsteen's lyrics for "Thunder Road" if things had been different:

"The screen door slams, Mary's dress sways,

like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays,

Roy Orbison singing for the lonely,

Hey, that's me and I want you only"

"The Yale lock clicks conveniently shut in a controlled manner from the interior, Mary's dress sways..."

Nah! That's no good! :D

I was going on the basis that once the Yale lock clicks, Mary can't get away........The Big O and The Boss will just have to deal with it Alf. lol

Edited by Max Wall
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stadt said:

Similarly, “nobody wants to see scenes like this” when there’s aggro. I only watch football in the hope of disgusting tackles and brawls, good goals are alright but you’ve seen loads of them before 

Likewise, when there's a pitch invader. They just show you replays of shit highlights that you don't care about.

I definitely want to see an overweight man ducking and diving to evade capture.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2