Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Gender reveal parties!

When did this become a thing? Why would you do it? If you want a surprise then the best reveal is giving birth to it (or waiting until it is old enough to decide for itself :ph34r:).

Jordan Pickford’s reaction was just insane, he obviously really cared about the gender and went apeshit imagine it was the one you didn’t want, why would you risk demonstrating your disappointment over your unborn child in front of people.

This rant was partly inspired by this story on the bbc. A gender reveal party caused a wildfire that caused millions of dollars of damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45705989

COLD CALLING COMPANIES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

I seem to get two or three a day now, and my blocked numbers list probably extends into the hundreds.

One recent company seems to change its number every time, and leaves an automated message. I've had 5 voicemails from them this week. 

Pretty sure O2 sold off my account information once I left them several years ago, the only reason I know this is because these companies always address me as my old man... My phone number used to be registered to him under O2.

I remember reading about a bloke who began to invoice cold calling companies for his time, and was very successful. I often fantasise about doing this.

Edited by RoboFox

43 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

COLD CALLING COMPANIES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

I seem to get two or three a day now, and my blocked numbers list probably extends into the hundreds.

One recent company seems to change its number every time, and leaves an automated message. I've had 5 voicemails from them this week. 

Pretty sure O2 sold off my account information once I left them several years ago, the only reason I know this is because these companies always address me as my old man... My phone number used to be registered to him under O2.

I remember reading about a bloke who began to invoice cold calling companies for his time, and was very successful. I often fantasise about doing this.

Register with the TPS, mate. 

I used to get them day and night, now not at all. 

Just now, RoboFox said:

Done. Nice one, man. 

Hadn’t realised the TPS actually worked.

No worries. 

It will take a few days until you see a difference but after 30 days companies that don’t comply can face fines of up to half a million quid. 

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Gender reveal parties!

When did this become a thing? Why would you do it? If you want a surprise then the best reveal is giving birth to it (or waiting until it is old enough to decide for itself :ph34r:).

Jordan Pickford’s reaction was just insane, he obviously really cared about the gender and went apeshit imagine it was the one you didn’t want, why would you risk demonstrating your disappointment over your unborn child in front of people.

This rant was partly inspired by this story on the bbc. A gender reveal party caused a wildfire that caused millions of dollars of damage.

jordan-atjordanbenning-a-gender-reveal-party-w.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Gender reveal parties!

Especially considering that genitals do not make a gender

People who don't understand the difference between disciplining their kids and abuse. It's not MMA or a psychological horrer movie for crying out loud! There are some absolute monsters out there who take it way too far and need to be stopped.

Edited by the fox

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

6 Music. We've had it on in the office today, if I hear any more chat about how Nigerian jazz sends you to a different cosmic plane I'll go postal. Full of dullards chatting absolute shit.

As opposed to all the other stations that play the same radio friendly songs year in year out. Great radio station imo

Cliched British characters in American TV shows/movies.

There's a character that shows up in the 2017 Twin Peaks series and he's literally "Awight Guv'nor, I'm from London Town, fancy a cup of tea?"

Who on earth uses the phrase "London Town" anyway?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Cliched British characters in American TV shows/movies.

There's a character that shows up in the 2017 Twin Peaks series and he's literally "Awight Guv'nor, I'm from London Town, fancy a cup of tea?"

Who on earth uses the phrase "London Town" anyway?

I think it says more about Americans than anything, most probably don't anything about non-London England. 

21 hours ago, Langston said:

Yeah fantastic if you wanna hear Stuart Maconie waffle on about absolute guff.

Should put him on repeat loop on the loudspeakers at Guantanamo Bay.

Far more effective at breaking a prisoner’s will than waterboarding.

6 does play some good music but they do have some super pretentious presenters.

Mary Anne somebody or other  was on the other day. Always seems to speak in hushed tones like she’s in a funeral service. Maybe she thinks it adds dramatic effect.

Anyway she was interviewing an “artiste” about his new album. It went something like this - “So, your new album Black. Just why did you decide to name it after a painting by Juan Sanchez Verdasco ?” .......

FFS 

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Should put him on repeat loop on the loudspeakers at Guantanamo Bay.

Far more effective at breaking a prisoner’s will than waterboarding.

6 does play some good music but they do have some super pretentious presenters.

Mary Anne somebody or other  was on the other day. Always seems to speak in hushed tones like she’s in a funeral service. Maybe she thinks it adds dramatic effect.

Anyway she was interviewing an “artiste” about his new album. It went something like this - “So, your new album Black. Just why did you decide to name it after a painting by Juan Sanchez Verdasco ?” .......

FFS 

Mary Anne Hobbs. Genuinely the absolute worst.