Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just now, Corky said:

Adverts ruining good songs by getting a bunch of warbling, droning kids to sully them. Current favourite is You Get What You Give by New Radicals being given this treatment by Sainsbury's (some school play or something).

I hate adverts ruining good songs but kids can sing the shit out of that song for me :)

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

Not really, but feel for them in being unable to respond back to a quick and basic conversation.

Where do you live mate, London? I think they may be choosing not to respond to hello rather than being unable to. Start ignoring them, it's the only way lol

7 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Where do you live mate, London? I think they may be choosing not to respond to hello rather than being unable to. Start ignoring them, it's the only way lol

No, but I get what you mean.

Someone once said to me that despite them going to London regularly, the inhabitants there can often be ignorant and rude to those they don't know.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

No, but I get what you mean.

Someone once said to me that despite them going to London regularly, the inhabitants there can often be ignorant and rude to those they don't know.

It's often said about New Yorkers too. Some of it justified in both cases. A metropolis just has a faster pace of life I guess and people have less time for strangers.

Surprised it happens much in Leicester though.

Another thing is, say, when you're driving and approach a junction and the road markings all have forward arrows only, so you think, 'I'm alright to stay in this lane.' Then at the last minute the road marking changes either left or right turn only and you have to look like a dick trying to cut back into the correct lane.

• Like 3

I pay for sky sports so why do I have to watch 2 shit adverts on the sky app before I can view any video content? I dont give a shit about Thiery Henry and his car, just give me the content I want NOW (that I ****ing pay for)

Edited by koop.

Me: "Whaddyawant to drink? Beer? Wine? G&T?" 

Person: "Oh NOT GIN! I can't PoSsIBLy have gin! Gin makes me angry / horny / sad / giggly... blah blah."

Different types of alcohol do not have inherent traits that make you feel a certain way, you turnip. It's all the same ingredient. It can potentially enhance your current mood and obviously different quantities (i.e. alcohol content) have different effects.

BIN.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

When you’re enjoying a nice quiet afternoon pint alone at the pub and a group of 7 walk in, talking over each other and destroying your silent solitude. 

How dare the public come into a public house and disturb you!

23 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If Snow White isn't around to keep them in check they do tend to get a bit rowdy.

Perhaps Urban Spaceman is Snow White?

If so, it could have been worse than a bit of rowdiness at the bar. They could have asked for a 7 Up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Person: "Oh NOT GIN! I can't PoSsIBLy have gin! Gin makes me angry / horny / sad / giggly... blah blah."

Different types of alcohol do not have inherent traits that make you feel a certain way, you turnip. It's all the same ingredient. It can potentially enhance your current mood and obviously different quantities (i.e. alcohol content) have different effects.

BIN.

Have to disagree with this, from personal experience....

- Too much beer -> Too loud, extrovert & embarrassing

- Too much whiskey -> Potentially argumentative and insulting

- Too much red wine -> Too emotional/affectionate or fall asleep

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Perhaps Urban Spaceman is Snow White?

If so, it could have been worse than a bit of rowdiness at the bar. They could have asked for a 7 Up. 

Izzy!!

I think I know who stole your joke book...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

BIN.

Similar to Alf, I disagree. 

Me on cider, vodka, wine - happy, talkative, see the good in everything.

Strong lager - turn weird apparantly. 

Whisky - argumentative, to the point of sometimes telling mates to fcuk off etc

Tolerance levels as well - I can drink 15 double vodkas and still pass off being sober, 6 pints of Stella and I'm out of it.