Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

How honours are now thrown at sports people with 'middle' achievements. 

Sports stars have a higher chance of getting honours than those who do go unnoticed carrying out charity work or in the sciences.

The whole system of giving an honour to a “celebrity” for just doing their job (for which most are very well paid anyway) is utter bollocks

Kudos to those who have turned them down over the years 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The whole system of giving an honour to a “celebrity” for just doing their job (for which most are very well paid anyway) is utter bollocks

Kudos to those who have turned them down over the years 

Agreed here.

End of the athletes careers, recognising the what they've done is fair game for me. But ones like Kane, Southgate and AJ seem fairly ridiculous.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Being in Adelaide visiting rellies over xmas.... only have mobile broadband and the games kick off at 1.30am, missed the Man City game and will miss the Cardiff game grrrrrrrrrr

Missed the Man City game Oz  ??!!? ....    :o     Oh dear ...   oh dear ...    oh dear oh dear oh dear ....   you missed    A CRACKER !!!

Never mind ....   worse things happen at sea ...    :)

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Missed the Man City game Oz  ??!!? ....    :o     Oh dear ...   oh dear ...    oh dear oh dear oh dear ....   you missed    A CRACKER !!!

Never mind ....   worse things happen at sea ...    :)

Grrrrrrrr tell me about it, now we are gonna stuff 6 past Cardiff and I'll miss that ,?

• Haha 1

Hotels who really need to try harder. 

Just been in one, duvet too small for bed. WiFi poor. Disinterested staff. No hot water. Cold boiled eggs at breakfast. Torn curtains. Limited TV channels. 

(Other than that it was great ?

25 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

Just been in one, duvet too small for bed. WiFi poor. Disinterested staff. No hot water. Cold boiled eggs at breakfast. Torn curtains. Limited TV channels. 

39E571D9-3235-439D-8C32-0BB2041A89CD.png.fb2e67f9e9991fa126067292fcb7d44b.png

Bought a Canon printer for £29.99 yesterday with 2 ink cartridges included; the replacement ink cartridges are £17.99 and £21.99 respectively. It would be cheaper to buy a new printer when this one runs out. Ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bought a Canon printer for £29.99 yesterday with 2 ink cartridges included; the replacement ink cartridges are £17.99 and £21.99 respectively. It would be cheaper to buy a new printer when this one runs out. Ridiculous.

There are numerous reputable sellers on eBay that sell quality ink in compatable cartridges at a fraction of the price. 

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mayofox said:

They  clean those glass cups left by the sink with toilet brushes too! Hotels are gross.

Feel that this is quite a strange comment from a certain Ian Stringer, even if he was being genuine and not looking for negative reactions.

Perhaps there are openly-gay footballers around, but are actually not confident enough to reveal it publically over fears of being abused by trolls etc?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Feel that this is quite a strange comment from a certain Ian Stringer, even if he was being genuine and not looking for negative reactions.

Perhaps there are openly-gay footballers around, but are actually not confident enough to reveal it publically over fears of being abused by trolls etc?

He seems more ego driven than lgb supporting if I'm being honest.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not too loud, Wymes.

Some of those Old Etonians would pay to be abused by a troll.

On 31/12/2018 at 19:27, Tuna said:

They come with very little ink; the replacement cartridges contain much more.

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2018 at 19:27, Tuna said:

You should go for an Epson Ecotank printer if you can afford one 

Two years free ink when buying the machine

https://www.johnlewis.com/epson-ecotank-et-2600-three-in-one-wi-fi-printer-with-high-capacity-integrated-ink-tank-system-2-years-ink-supply-included/p3149797?sku=236736996&s_kwcid=2dx92700032817748992&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5NS1-bfN3wIV6LztCh3-IQLSEAQYBCABEgLjmPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The ink comes in bottles for about a tenner.

One bottle lasts for absolutely ages - I think about 4-5000 pages 

Initial cost of printer is more but I reckon you’ll make a saving over time

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty sure he's just trying to get his name on a fancy interview than doing any good for the lgbt group. 

Yeah thats kind of what I meant, on reflection I probably should have worded by initial post a bit clearer than I did. 

Edited by Nalis

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Yeah thats kind if what I meant, on reflection I probably should have worded by initial post a bit clearer than I did. 

You probably did, I'm still hanging out my arse from last night lol

I guess he's probably just trying to find out more on the topic, but I find his methods poor. 

Anybody claiming someone/a(n) ________ is obsessed with ________. 

Spurs fans complaining about Warnock's post match comments "hE's oBseSeD wItH uS!!!!" no he's not, shut the f uck up.

The Maddison don't look back in anger chant on twitter a while ago, a Cov fan piped, "Obsessed laughingfaceemoji laughingfaceemoji laughingfaceemoji", oh yeah one song that's not taken off about our distant rivals, yeah bloody obsessed we are.