Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

Cnuts like this piss me off, never a problem finding a certain newspaper to publish their warped views either.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/23/kesha-benefit-claimant-women-burden-proving-rape

What a terrible inconvience we have to use evidence in a court and instead can't just point at men to get them locked up. The case she talks about in the main is a serious issue, but the last few lines in the article are an absolute disgrace and an affront to everything a civilised society should believe in.

What's wrong with the last line? If someone is charged with rape, yes, the burden of proof should be on the accused rapist and it is up to the accused to prove he is innocent (whereas in reality, things are usually a lot different). And stopping rape/getting women to speak out against their rapists is about a million times a bigger issue than a minuscule sample size of those making a false claim.

This thread is full of links about pedophile gangs, serial killers and maybe even some pedophile gang member serial killers sprinkled in, yet is your definition of "absolute cvnt of our time" just someone that (easily) offended you with an opinion you don't share?

Edited by Jordan

What's wrong with the last line? If someone is charged with rape, yes, the burden of proof should be on the accused rapist and it is up to the accused to prove he is innocent (whereas in reality, things are usually a lot different). And stopping rape/getting women to speak out against their rapists is about a million times a bigger issue than a minuscule sample size of those making a false claim.

This thread is full of links about pedophile gangs, serial killers and maybe even some pedophile gang member serial killers sprinkled in, yet is your definition of "absolute cvnt of our time" just someone that (easily) offended you with an opinion you don't share?

Sorry Jordan, I totally agree that the culture of victim blaming surrounding rape is disgusting, and getting more women (and men) victims to be able to speak out against their rapists without fear of ridicule should be a really, really high priority...but assuming and having to prove innocence rather than guilt for any crime sets a very, very dangerous precedent.

http://deadstate.org/illinois-gop-if-single-moms-cant-find-the-dad-their-babies-wont-get-birth-certificates/

And of course, as birth certificates tend to be the leading form of ID for poorer people when they get to vote...let's take away the birth certificates! Can't have poor people voting, can we? Screws up the whole process.

Of course, the chances of this bill passing are pretty much nil, but the GOP lawmakers are still cvnts for suggesting it in the first place, and they know exactly why they have done so.

Everything a civilised society should believe in, as Mac has already said this is about the precedent.

People who have views like yours scare me, anyone who thinks we should seriously go back to a time where people are presumed guilty until they can prove their innocence are a threat to liberty and justice that has been so robustly fought for over so many years.

Edited by MattP

Everything a civilised society should believe in, as Mac has already said this is about the precedent.

People who have views like yours scare me, anyone who thinks we should seriously go back to a time where people are presumed guilty until they can prove their innocence are a threat to liberty and justice that has been so robustly fought for over so many years.

I actually did **** it up badly in my post.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a story that I've seen widely shared this week about a petition to get two spineless little f**ks stronger sentences for essentially beating their own pet dog to death for fun, which they videoed.

I won't post any of the articles as they will show the footage which I haven't seen, nor wish to... But I understand is extremely disturbing.

Absolute c**ts.