Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

Some 1,557 convicts born overseas have thwarted Home Office attempts to boot them out after using the Human Rights Act as their trump card.

The number of criminals shielding behind the legislation has led to increasing calls for the law to be watered down and the UK to pull out of the EU.

Many of the criminals will have won the right to stay in the UK by claiming deportation would breach their rights to a family life.

The burden of proof insofar that deportation will breach ones convention rights is pretty extensive so I think it's a bit infair to say 'claiming'

I remember reading about a guy earlier in my studies who failed to convince the court that deportation would be a breach of art 3 of the ECHR preventing someone being deported to a place where they'll be captured and tortured. They were deported and tortured.

The European Convention of Human Rights is a good thing as it limits parliaments powers. If we left the EU we'd maximise the state and with a Tory government that is not something I like the sound of very much.

• Like 1

The burden of proof insofar that deportation will breach ones convention rights is pretty extensive so I think it's a bit infair to say 'claiming'

I remember reading about a guy earlier in my studies who failed to convince the court that deportation would be a breach of art 3 of the ECHR preventing someone being deported to a place where they'll be captured and tortured. They were deported and tortured.

The European Convention of Human Rights is a good thing as it limits parliaments powers. If we left the EU we'd maximise the state and with a Tory government that is not something I like the sound of very much.

The Tories are all about less govt.

That Jack Jones twat on Facebook. I bet he's absolutely insufferable in real life.

As soon as I see a video on Facebook and it's someone with their camera facing their face I automatically think "arsehole." 

The BBC, after the sexual abuse findings.

Astonishing that quite a few had strong suspicions on Savile in particular, but daren't inform bosses about it for many years.

Must be one of the worst days for the corporation, but one that is perhaps self-inflicted.

QUESTION TIME panelists. They never answer the questions..

If you want good political debate listen to the Moral Maze on Radio 4 Wednesday night, you can't not answer the questions on it, hence why politicians never appear.

Cnuts like this piss me off, never a problem finding a certain newspaper to publish their warped views either.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/23/kesha-benefit-claimant-women-burden-proving-rape

What a terrible inconvience we have to use evidence in a court and instead can't just point at men to get them locked up. The case she talks about in the main is a serious issue, but the last few lines in the article are an absolute disgrace and an affront to everything a civilised society should believe in.

Cnuts like this piss me off, never a problem finding a certain newspaper to publish their warped views either.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/23/kesha-benefit-claimant-women-burden-proving-rape

What a terrible inconvience we have to use evidence in a court and instead can't just point at men to get them locked up. The case she talks about in the main is a serious issue, but the last few lines in the article are an absolute disgrace and an affront to everything a civilised society should believe in.

Yeah, innocent until proven guilty is absolute, regardless of the crime. For everyone.

Though the stigma of widespread victim-blaming that goes with rape victims of both genders is something that no other violent crime is partial to and it should be treated like any other violent crime with respect to its recording, without the twisted justifications that victims somehow were 'asking for it' that seem to permeate an awful lot of society.

I thought you were exaggerating but that's unbelievable. Living in a world of her own.

Is she a journo or just another twat with an opinion? Not that there's much difference.

From a very cursory read around the subject there doesn't appear to be any evidence at all to substantiate her claims does there. I find it quite easy to believe that the producer did abuse her. Tricky isn't it. The way she's gone about things does make me think she probably telling the truth. The judge commented that she was already free to record with other producers so why has she gone to such lengths?

If my understanding is right the nullification of the contract, as a civil action, would have required a verdict based on the balance of probablities, as opposed to a criminal rape case which would have to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt, which is nigh on impossible in sexual abuse cases with a delay in the victim coming forward. I wonder if that's where she goes next if she's determined to prove her allegations.

Edited by Bryn

I thought you were exaggerating but that's unbelievable. Living in a world of her own.

Is she a journo or just another twat with an opinion? Not that there's much difference.

She's a very poor comedian. She's often embarrassingly unfunny on panel shows.

In a large majority of cases they're generally the same thing.

Appears to be a "comedian" who is exclusively hired by the BBC, Green Party member, vegan, humanist, athiest and feminist.

Standard Guardian columnist really.

Appears to be a "comedian" who is exclusively hired by the BBC, Green Party member, vegan, humanist, athiest and feminist.

I bet she has some real internal dilemmas over which one of those things she needs to express and blog most about.

• Like 1

How does she have that much time to be that unbearable? Fair play, I couldn't do it.