Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He can criticise her for her views. Everyone has an opinion.

But he doesn't have the right/license laugh at her out of his own ignorance.

Emma Watson is more than qualified to have hosted that talk. It has nothing to do with her fame. Calling her "Hermione Granger" is degrading.

There are worse things to be called.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if she'd been advocating something you disagreed with?

58 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There are worse things to be called.

I wonder if you'd feel the same if she'd been advocating something you disagreed with?

Are you missing the point on purpose?

Yes, there are plenty of worse things to be called. That makes it all okay :rolleyes:

It depends, but i'd like to think that anybody worth knowing is all for gender equality.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Of course he has the right to laugh at her, we live in a free country. 

Actually think about what you are saying! 

I specifically didn't want to use the word "right" as I knew nitpickers would be all over it.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Are you missing the point on purpose?

Yes, there are plenty of worse things to be called. That makes it all okay :rolleyes:

It depends, but i'd like to think that anybody worth knowing is all for gender equality.

I've just watched a report on the BBC news about Wonder Woman, not Linda Carter, become some sort of UN champion for women. Nobody seemed offended.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Steven said:

Not an absolute by any means, but:

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."

11 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yet another story about an American using a gun as an accessory to evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37932208

How long until it clicks that guns are far more likely to be used to enable acts of violence than to defend against them?

The trouble now isn't that "guns are unsafe" it's that to get rid of them would cost sooooooooooooo much money. And in the end, if you ban all guns, it's very likely you will never get them all. 

Guns are banned in the UK, yet they are readily available to those who would use them for evil. 

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yet another story about an American using a gun as an accessory to evil:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37932208

How long until it clicks that guns are far more likely to be used to enable acts of violence than to defend against them?

Never, probably.

I caught a bit of "the Gun Shop" doc on Channel 4 the other night and shootings caused a spike in sales. Gun owners simply see acts of violence using guns as something they could stop if they have a gun. The shop owner said there's something like 500 million firearms in circulation in the US.

That gun crime levels in countries without guns is far lower (all be it it does still happen) seems to be irrelevant.

Few interesting stats here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34996604

• 2 weeks later...

disgusting 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3969884/Wild-baying-mob-30-schoolchildren-caught-camera-attacking-two-police-officers-wrestle-one-floor-repeatedly-stamp-head.html

imagine the black lives matter brigade if this was a gang of policeman on two black students .... but a gang of  kids attacking the cops is tolerated in our society , sooner all police officers are armed the better . 

15 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

disgusting 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3969884/Wild-baying-mob-30-schoolchildren-caught-camera-attacking-two-police-officers-wrestle-one-floor-repeatedly-stamp-head.html

imagine the black lives matter brigade if this was a gang of policeman on two black students .... but a gang of  kids attacking the cops is tolerated in our society , sooner all police officers are armed the better . 

This is what's inherently wrong with black lives matter and all the other ridiculous leftie movements. They don't look at the facts. Far more cops get killed by black people then blacks get killed by police both legally and illegally yet if there was a nationwide white cop's lives matter, it would be cited as the most racist movement to come out led by a bunch of 'white privileged males.'

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Scary shit and what's scary is no one suspected a serial killer 

Read about this today and the families suspected a serial killer but the police sound incompetent as hell. Three dead bodies, two within yards of each other three weeks apart and they didn't bother looking into it. Port wrote a suicide note which he placed on his victim claiming that victim had killed the other and the police bought it without even checking. Port sounds and looks like a total scumbag but the police need to be held to account for such lazy incompetence. 

Edited by Barky
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

This is what's inherently wrong with black lives matter and all the other ridiculous leftie movements. They don't look at the facts. Far more cops get killed by black people then blacks get killed by police both legally and illegally yet if there was a nationwide white cop's lives matter, it would be cited as the most racist movement to come out led by a bunch of 'white privileged males.'

Source?

And how on earth is Black Lives Matter a 'leftie' movement?

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Surprised Eric Bristow hasnt been mentioned on here before now.

I'm not sure he qualifies - his comments were undoubtedly stupid, ignorant and misinformed but who knows - maybe that's how he survived or justified dealing with his own abusers in the past? Maybe he thought as he beat up somebody that abused him, he levelled the score and came out 'on top' (Bad choice of phrase there I know..)

Now I'm not saying this happened but you've had a few beers, your drunk it's late - you read something on twitter and reply and press send.....

I'm not sticking up for him as he's likely a 70's male dinosaur but hey - there are lot's of 'man's man's' out there who have experienced abuse.......