Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stez

BARGAINS - Put them in here!

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Amazon black friday tommorow, anybody bought anything decent with this deal?

I always seem to miss it and the deals never seem that good, but will have a gander.

Now i know we are slightly out of time here in OZ.. but if this was posted yesterday (Sunday)... and tomorrow (Monday) is black Friday... what the hell happened to

Magenta Monday.........Teal Tuesday.....Wisteria Wednesday and .....Thistle Tursday??

• 1 month later...

The heart Foundation Shop on Charles Street is having a sale until Jan 2nd. Up to 50% off furniture and electrical items.

I realise it may, for some people beneath them to enter an establishment that sells goods that may have been handled by people of a lower social class who do not live in mansions but any money raised goes towards the BHF charity.

You will all be welcomed with a friendly smile and helpful sales talk. :}

The heart Foundation Shop on Charles Street is having a sale until Jan 2nd. Up to 50% off furniture and electrical items.

I realise it may, for some people beneath them to enter an establishment that sells goods that may have been handled by people of a lower social class who do not live in mansions but any money raised goes towards the BHF charity.

Your reverse snobbery isn't that good for the sales patter.

• Like 3

Also all the electrical products in there are insanely over-priced. I have seen the BHF still asking for upwards of £20 for a used cassette player from the 90s!

Funny you should mention a cassette player. We had a woman in on Xmas eve wanting one which we did not have. She also wanted a B/W TV. She said there was one on display. We had to tell her that it was a TV with a B/W film playing on the built in Video player.

She said 'I don't understand' WSe had a music centre thing with a built in cassette player Think it was £20 With a radio and CD player and speakers. Don't think that is too bad a price. It may have been the normal charity shop where you saw the cassette player. Doubt there would be many available these days. We deal with mainly bigger items. Fridges cookers washing machines etc all Pat tested with a guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

My other half runs a little business alongside her full time job

Www.vice-versacollection.co.uk where she sells second hand designer clothes via ebay and other outlets, her main clients are footballers and agents who want rid of old designer clothes. Also 2.5% of every sale goes to loros and rainbows. So if you have any old good condition designer gear kicking about drop her a line.

• 5 months later...

Has anybody tried this before? http://www.flubit.com/

Surprised it isn't more famous, you find any product online and they reply within 2 days offering the product to sell to you cheaper.

Very good for expensive products eg. tv's, laptops etc.

That's a brilliant business idea. I bet they earn tonnes of commission from lesser known sites. I'm getting a new PC next month so I'll have a look on there.

That's a brilliant business idea. I bet they earn tonnes of commission from lesser known sites. I'm getting a new PC next month so I'll have a look on there.

Yeah it's very impressive, usually get you at least 10% off. I'm shocked it hasn't been publicised on all these saving money blogs etc

Just been in Tesco. They're having a clear out of Father's Day stuff. The best being a Nivea For Men gift set of face wash and moisturiser. From £10 down to £5. I don't usually use moisturiser but I always buy the face wash which is top notch and costs nearly £4 on it's own. Further down the aisle, you can get the exact same things separately for a total cost of £14.

Costco is brilliant, the food is fantastic.

Love the place, you have to plan ahead though or you can be seriously out of pocket by the time you leave

Some stuff you get massive savings on (cleaning products, toilet roll, certain foods, soft drinks, special offers)

Some stuff costs the same in weight as most supermarkets but there's an illusion that because you're buying in bulk you're making a saving.

Some stuff is really pricey - they obviously have to make their profits somewhere, and I'm guessing the impulse items is where a lot of this comes from.

Of note: the cakes are bloody amazing.

Their own-brand Kirkland stuff is great, especially the toilet roll.

Try a take-away pizza - properly tasty and massive for £10. The hot dogs are also good and meaty.

The 5-year warranty on electricals is great, something you normally have to pay extra for in other shops

Love the place, you have to plan ahead though or you can be seriously out of pocket by the time you leave

Some stuff you get massive savings on (cleaning products, toilet roll, certain foods, soft drinks, special offers)

Some stuff costs the same in weight as most supermarkets but there's an illusion that because you're buying in bulk you're making a saving.

Some stuff is really pricey - they obviously have to make their profits somewhere, and I'm guessing the impulse items is where a lot of this comes from.

Of note: the cakes are bloody amazing.

Their own-brand Kirkland stuff is great, especially the toilet roll.

Try a take-away pizza - properly tasty and massive for £10. The hot dogs are also good and meaty.

The 5-year warranty on electricals is great, something you normally have to pay extra for in other shops

Is Cost-co pretty much the same as Makro?

Any place where the cakes are amazing, is a place I will pay a visit :)