Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 14/11/2017 at 18:46, Costock_Fox said:

So fuming that Brand New have cancelled their tour because the singer is a complete **** and I sold my Man City ticket.

Top stuff that the news broke that he groomed 15 year olds on the morning my t shirt arrived lol.

Jesus. I saw the statement but didn't realise what had actually happened. 

They said they would disband in 2018 as well from what I remember, would be surprised if this isn't the end of them.

Side note if anyone is interested - I've a ticket for the sold out Frank Carter gig in Manchester on the 3rd of December I'm looking to sell.

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Jesus. I saw the statement but didn't realise what had actually happened. 

They said they would disband in 2018 as well from what I remember, would be surprised if this isn't the end of them.

Side note if anyone is interested - I've a ticket for the sold out Frank Carter gig in Manchester on the 3rd of December I'm looking to sell.

Oh yeah, 3 of them have came forward stating he got pics of them etc. Definitely the end of the and it’s proper gutting as I’m a massive fan.

On 11/14/2017 at 18:46, Costock_Fox said:

So fuming that Brand New have cancelled their tour because the singer is a complete **** and I sold my Man City ticket.

Top stuff that the news broke that he groomed 15 year olds on the morning my t shirt arrived lol.

FFS Brand New too?? The allegations against all these bands has been pretty inconsequential when it comes to my personal music taste but I've loved Brand New for years. They'll be leaving a quick exit from my playlists.

I guess this was The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows :ph34r:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

FFS Brand New too?? The allegations against all these bands has been pretty inconsequential when it comes to my personal music taste but I've loved Brand New for years. They'll be leaving a quick exit from my playlists.

lol yeah, so many lyrics could be seen as clues to what he was doing and maybe even suggesting he knew how much of a cnut he was being.

Genuinely listened to them to death for ages and especially since the release of Science Fiction so it feels like a kick in the teeth.

On 11/14/2017 at 18:46, Costock_Fox said:

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

18 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh yeah, 3 of them have came forward stating he got pics of them etc. Definitely the end of the and it’s proper gutting as I’m a massive fan.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol yeah, so many lyrics could be seen as clues to what he was doing and maybe even suggesting he knew how much of a cnut he was being.

Genuinely listened to them to death for ages and especially since the release of Science Fiction so it feels like a kick in the teeth.

Just got back from my holiday to the news. Read his FB post, he states he wants to 'shed his narcissism' then goes on to bang on about himself and his problems, yet there's no mention of the underage victim whatsoever. A forced apology because the issue becomes public always lacks sincerity.

This is the first time a band that I actually like has been involved with this kind of controversy. I wonder how many more of these musicians have been abusing their power as icons to young people? 

I was really looking forward to seeing them. After SF was released I went back and re-listened to their back catalog a lot, Deja Entendu is one of my all time top rock albums, full stop.

Now, f**k 'em.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Just got back from my holiday to the news. Read his FB post, he states he wants to 'shed his narcissism' then goes on to bang on about himself and his problems, yet there's no mention of the underage victim whatsoever. A forced apology because the issue becomes public always lacks sincerity.

This is the first time a band that I actually like has been involved with this kind of controversy. I wonder how many more of these musicians have been abusing their power as icons to young people? 

I was really looking forward to seeing them. After SF was released I went back and re-listened to their back catalog a lot, Deja Entendu is one of my all time top rock albums, full stop.

Now, f**k 'em.

Loads of his songs hinted at bits of what he has done looking back on it, just a shame that “Can’t Get It Out” didn’t do the same to be fair.

Booked ELO and managed to get tickets on the second row in Leeds which will be pretty cool. Also booked tears for fears there and have Liam and Queen there in a couple of weeks.

Leeds arena is a really great arena imo. Feel so much closer and the sound is always good.

On 10/11/2017 at 16:15, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Gutted I'm not at Milburn tonight, plenty of offers but it's the other half's birthday - Lipstick Licking is an all time favourite.

It was a really quite enjoyable evening. They looked like they were enjoying it too, which is always what you want to see from a band.

• 2 weeks later...

Well queen were really good.

PJ tix for the 02...tempted but I have seen them numerous times and booking in the week is a real hassle.  But I'll probably have to go the next time they come over as I doubt they'll ever play round here.

Next up Morrissey in feb.