Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Placebo in Glasgow in December. Been a city I've wanted to visit for a while and can imagine it's a great place to watch a gig.

I've seen a few gigs at The Apollo (an utterly fantastic venue before being demolished and often mentioned as a favourite venue by musicians of the time) and Barrowlands. I'm talking back in the 80's and 90's, but the crowds and atmosphere were always unbelievable. 

Been to gigs in London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness, among others, but the best crowds I've been in have been Glasgow. Hope you enjoy the gig.

• Thanks 1

On 13/12/2021 at 13:02, Leicester_Loyal said:

The Streets just cancelled their UK tour for January and February, absolutely gutted.

Showing as postponed without offering refunds on Ticketmaster. Which I reckon means it’ll be rearranged for later on in the year (I’ve had a similar situation with PL Darts through ticketmaster, they just keep rearranging the dates until it happens, I’ve had these darts tickets for 2 years!) 

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

One of my first gigs was them touring silent alarm at DMH. Had the place off its nut.

I think it was the NME tour I saw them on, must have been 2016/17 they had Drenge supporting and they would have been worth the entrance fee alone too. 

On 07/01/2022 at 19:51, SemperEadem said:

One of my first gigs was them touring silent alarm at DMH. Had the place off its nut.

Yeh, class tour that. They ended it at Reading/Leeds festival as well and it was one of those ones where the album had massively outgrown their slot. They were in the Radio 1 Tent with about 20 deep outside. Still revisit that album regularly, so much energy! 

• Like 2

Saw Aurora last night at PRYZM in Kingston, she was fantastic idk if anyone is aware of her. Meet and greet as well with a free vinyl, not bad for £11! Seeing her again later Sunday night, if anyone likes artists like Florence and the Machine, Chvrches, Kate Bush, Bjork or anyone like that they’ll love her, she should be more well known than she is

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

love her Oasis cover

Yeah it was the John Lewis Christmas ad in 2015, I remember liking it at the time and also liking her song on Fifa 16 as well but I never delved further until a few months ago and she’s brilliant can’t believe it took me so long. She was great again tonight at Rough Trade East in London, I honestly don’t know how she’s making any money though, £13.50 I got a concert a cd and another signing/meet and greet, she’s probably still there now the amount of time she spent with everyone! Then you have the likes of Adele cancelling Las Vegas shows four hours before they start…whereas on Friday we were queuing up for a free signed vinyl (should be like £27) and she was going down the queue actually apologising that we were having to wait outside in the cold!

• Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 20:26, Filbert_Ross said:

my Friday night gig in Sheffield been rescheduled for a Tuesday night 🙄

I'm going to that one as well.

Think I'm going on my own now as well but never seen Wolf Alice before so pretty excited.

Edited by Fox92