Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Due to see Flogging Molly in Birmingham in August, I’m beginning to doubt it’s going to happen. 

They are supposed to have dates in Poland, Austria, Spain, France and Germany before hitting the UK. There needs to be a major relaxation in travel rules over the next two months for that to happen. Is there freedom of movement without restrictions around the EU at the minute? 

I think we may be restricted to seeing UK based bands for the foreseeable future. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Was meant to be seeing The Streets tonight in birmingham but thats been delayed again. Got tickets for Reading Festival as well which actually looks like its gonna happen.

It makes me sad looking at the Reading line up, I used to go every year when I didn’t look like a pensioner and for my type of music it was so much better than it is now.

• Like 1

Birthday last November, my Mrs bought me tickets to see Biffy Clyro in Glasgow. 

For Xmas, she bought me tickets to see New Order in Manchester. 

Both gigs cancelled.

Both rearranged for consecutive nights lol

So in September, we're driving from Northampton to Glasgow, watching Biffy, staying the night, then driving down to Manchester to see New Order, staying the night, then going home.

It's going to be bloody amazing.

But I had to return the favour and buy her some gig tickets...we're going to see Craig David at Sandown Park, after the horse racing this Thursday lol

Ah well. I'm not looking forward to Craig David. I mean 7 days is a banger. That's it. Fill me in is OK. Walking Away ain't bad.

Nothing Like This and I Know you are OK.

Damn it, Craig David is gonna be awesome isn't he? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Heading to a festival this weekend (Bloodstock near Burton, all things heavy). Will be interesting to see how that goes. Only a handful of international acts who are doing the isolation as required, the rest UK and local bands. Sold out, expecting around 18k or so which is on the smaller range.

I went every year from 2007 to 2018. 2019 missed due to daughter being due and 2020 was cancelled.

Vaccination or negative test required on entry, otherwise no real restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the missus are going to Liverpool for a few nights this week. I'm on the beers tonight so put some music on. New Twin Atlantic song came on, both of us fans of the band anyway. We thought, shall we see if they are playing live any time soon? Happen to be playing in Leeds the day we check out of our Liverpool airbnb. Tickets booked, hotel booked, seeing them on Thursday. First gig since lockdown. Very, very much up for this!

1 minute ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Is she a fan? If so, you can pass it off as the most thoughtful birthday present of all time.

Unless you're going with your mates, of course..

She's a bit meh about them, but I've agreed to book a nice hotel and take her out for a meal in Birmingham. Not sure if that's a treat or not...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

She's a bit meh about them, but I've agreed to book a nice hotel and take her out for a meal in Birmingham. Not sure if that's a treat or not...

I'm sure if you spoil her, you'll get away with it.

Anyway, maybe the live music will make her change her mind about them. I've been to one or two gigs I wasn't particularly bothered about and left with a new found liking for bands.

Good luck anyway :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

They're coming thick and fast soon

Slam Dunk - Leeds 4th September

Pigeon Detectives - Birmingham 17th Sept

Glass caves - York 28th Oct

The Reytons - Sheffield 29th Oct

The Mysterines - Liverpool 30th Oct (2 days booked off to recover from this weekend haha)

Milburn - Leeds 5th Nov

Tribes - London 4th Dec

Sonic Wave Fest - Birmigham - 11th December

• 2 weeks later...