Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

I'm going to see Tool in May at the O2. I never thought I would go to a concert again - the last one was Jane McDonald to please my mum only her dementia's got so bad now that I don't think she was able to distinguish who the singer was or where we were, which made the entire evening just a waste of time because I certainly didn't want to see Jane McDonald with her inane Wakefield banter and her highly suspect singing voice.

However, Tool are my favourite band. I don't like heavy metal at all, but Tool are in some way different - like a cross between Led Zeppelin and King Crimson. I've never seen them, but I am so excited. Now, my only difficulty is deciding which of my three Tool t-shirts I'm going to wear :D

On a completely different track, RIP Lata Mangeshkar. Now she was a real singer. I'm white, but I've watched loads of Bollywood films. My inability to speak Hindi doesn't matter in the slightest, you can normally tell what's going on. Lata will be much missed :( 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2022 at 09:22, SemperEadem said:

The Cribs on Friday night.

Forgot to ask how you found it? Seen them plenty of times over the years and thought they were excellent. Last time I saw them at Rock City, Ryan was so pissed Gary had to basically sing everything. 

I got a feeling they're were literally buzzing to be back performing which came across as was such a fun gig. 

13 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Forgot to ask how you found it? Seen them plenty of times over the years and thought they were excellent. Last time I saw them at Rock City, Ryan was so pissed Gary had to basically sing everything. 

I got a feeling they're were literally buzzing to be back performing which came across as was such a fun gig. 

Yeah thought it was great. Seen a few time now and that was well up there.

Edited by SemperEadem

Saw CHVRCHES on Wednesday at the o2 in Brixton…wow. Support act were decent, then they came on at 9, 14 songs later they went off for the old encore schtick…. Then who should emerge with them but Robert Smith of The Cure! He did a mini gig of 4 songs with them, including Just Like Heaven! Great night! Seeing AURORA at Birmingham Town Hall on the 27th (and Leeds and London lol) plus Florence and the Machine have announced a new tour 👌. Hopefully this is the end of covid concerts 🤞

Btw has anyone ever spoken to bands as they arrive or leave at a venue before? When I arrived at the o2 as I walked past the production door a black car pulled up next to me and Chvrches got out - I was the only one there but I felt I’d be rude asking for a photo or autograph or something cos they were busy getting stuff out the car. What do you think the etiquette for something like that should be?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, What the Fuchs? said:

Saw CHVRCHES on Wednesday at the o2 in Brixton…wow. Support act were decent, then they came on at 9, 14 songs later they went off for the old encore schtick…. Then who should emerge with them but Robert Smith of The Cure! He did a mini gig of 4 songs with them, including Just Like Heaven! Great night! Seeing AURORA at Birmingham Town Hall on the 27th (and Leeds and London lol) plus Florence and the Machine have announced a new tour 👌. Hopefully this is the end of covid concerts 🤞

Btw has anyone ever spoken to bands as they arrive or leave at a venue before? When I arrived at the o2 as I walked past the production door a black car pulled up next to me and Chvrches got out - I was the only one there but I felt I’d be rude asking for a photo or autograph or something cos they were busy getting stuff out the car. What do you think the etiquette for something like that should be?

I've not had many chances to do it, but I think I'd generally limit it to saying have a great gig/that was great (assuming it was) as appropriate. I'm not an in your face kind of guy anyway but I'd still worry about coming across as such, and about interrupting something. I think it's cooler in that situation though to say hello than, for example when you see someone famous clearly having leisure time when I would stay well clear.

I did speak to Euros Childs after he did a support slot at the Charlotte and it was painfully obvious that out of the already very modestly sized crowd, only me and my two mates were there to see him, so I thought it only right to offer some words of encouragement (happily his gigs I've been to since have been much better attended), and he was perfectly nice about that in the circumstances

• Like 2

Going to see Sam Fender at Wembley Arena a week on Saturday. 

Was hoping for a decent support act that I know, I believe Gang of Youths had supported him previously, but sadly not.

Looks like I'll have more time in the pub for the Man Utd game before lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/03/2022 at 03:57, What the Fuchs? said:

Saw CHVRCHES on Wednesday at the o2 in Brixton…wow. Support act were decent, then they came on at 9, 14 songs later they went off for the old encore schtick…. Then who should emerge with them but Robert Smith of The Cure! He did a mini gig of 4 songs with them, including Just Like Heaven! Great night!  👌.  🤞

'How Not to Drown' is a great song.

• Like 1

Booked tickets to see Kaiser Chiefs and Florence and the Machine at the o2 in November - I think I’m addicted to live music now lol, last gigs I went to before this year was Morrissey and Johnny Marr almost 10 years ago, now these two are gonna be the 7th and 8th of the year as it stands! Two Door Cinema Club, The Wombats and Pale Waves in Finsbury Park this summer might be good too

On the way to Brum to see Aurora now, traffic’s horrendous 👌💀

• Like 2