Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Swim Deep at the Leadmill booked for October. 

Anyone tell me where's good in Sheff on a Saturday night? Only other time I've been out up there was after the Arctics at Don Valley in 2011, ended up in the o2 and I can't remember if it was decent or not

Stay in Leaders for the club night, cheap shots/drinks till 12 and great music. 

Other than that, if you fancy hitting bars then get in a taxi and go to West Street. West street live is very decent (it's on west street).

Sleaford mods at Rock City. October 9th.

I took the piss out of them first time I saw them on YouTube. But their lyrics make sense to me now I've listened to them for a bit. Went and got their first album lol

Edited by Fox92

I can confirm that the place I reviewed earlier in the thread was indeed called west street live. go there.

West Street Live is one of the weirdest places I've been. Music is decent but it is tiny and the age range in there is bizarre. 16 and 60 year olds dancing next to each other. I've only been once and someone was sick on the floor in front of me and I never returned.

West Street Live is one of the weirdest places I've been. Music is decent but it is tiny and the age range in there is bizarre. 16 and 60 year olds dancing next to each other. I've only been once and someone was sick on the floor in front of me and I never returned.

yeah i only went once and was out of it. i had a great time but that may not have been venue dependant.

I thought Sleaford Mods were like an ironic joke band, can't stand them.

This, it's a bloke shouting at a microphone whilst some other guy makes shite tunes in the background. Pretty much the musical manifestation of standing in the middle of Republic's main room at 1 on a Friday night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got tickets to see Lucy Rose, The Vaccines and Circa Waves, all coming up this Autumn.

Never seen Lucy Rose live before but I've been following her solo stuff since she left Bombay Bycycle Club so I'm looking forward to that.

First time seeing The Vaccies live as well so that's another one to add to the list of my favourite bands I've seen. This'll be the 5th time all in all I've seen Circa Waves, if you're in to your modern British indie/alternative type of music, give them a listen. Their gigs are always sick as well.

• Like 1

Got tickets to see The Libertines at Rock City on Monday. Buzzing for this.

Jealous. After not making Reading last weekend to see them I desperately tried to get tickets for London. Was in the queue 10 mins before tickets opened and they sold out when I was next in line - at 1 minute past.